Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favourite job interview was for Fox Japan. There were huge Simpsons murals along the walls, a life-size Homer statue, and a bunch of smaller ones in the meeting room we used. We spent most of the time chatting about how bad Japanese TV is and how much my wife loves NCIS.

I think interviews won't go away any time soon, but there will of course be companies who want to 'disrupt' the cleftal horizon by holding their interviews inside Fortnite battles or something.

Comment

Reminds me of trying to BS my way into a project manager position at Konami to work on the WInning Eleven games. Not being a football fan, all I could really comment on was how beer and watching football went well together.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        Reminds me of trying to BS my way into a project manager position at Konami to work on the WInning Eleven games. Not being a football fan, all I could really comment on was how beer and watching football went well together.
        "Oh, I love Pro Evo-I MEAN WINNING IREBUN!"

Comment

When I was trying to get my foot in the door with dental nursing, the first dentist that interviewed me saw my interests (video games amongst others) and spent the entire interview talking about Angry Birds at me.

I didn't get the job but my first dental boss would numb patients up and leave me in the room with them for up to 20 minutes just to talk to family on skype or, most of the time, feed his addiction to candy crush.

Comment

I'm lucky to be in a field that doesn't rely much on interviews so I have rarely had to do them. I have interviewed a lot of people over the years myself but the main aim of it is just to make sure the person isn't a crazy person or negative or a pain in the rear end so it ends up mostly being a chat about stuff we like.

I have no idea if real interviews are like those I saw in the Apprentice but those felt like they were so mean-spirited I don't think I'd ever want to work for anyone who interviewed me like that. If they treat you that way on first meeting, how awful would they be to work with?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              I'm a bit miffed that Virgin Media are dropping Dave, Gold and Drama over a dispute over on-demand rights.

They're replacing it with a sports channel!

I'm seriously considering ditching Virgin, but when you add up a Freeview PVR, BT landline activation and decent broadband, they're not much different.

We just don't watch live TV any more, everything is what we've recorded or Amazon/Netflix.

I just have Virgin broadband on its own (via the business side, where it is cheaper and faster)
              Lots of smart TVs will act as a PVR if you plug a HDD in.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                I just have Virgin broadband on its own (via the business side, where it is cheaper and faster)
                Lots of smart TVs will act as a PVR if you plug a HDD in.
                How much do you pay for just Broadband, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Today's interview went well...but 2 more interview stages left

Comment

MY current employer has a check list/ comment sheet set up for their interviews with usually the manager and the HR lady sitting in for the interview. Then there is usually a tour and a trial day if they make it that far. Luckily my previous employer was gracious enough to let me off at very short notice as I was desperate to find work elsewhere (we were relocating and I was the only one not with a job waiting!)

I hate interviews, I have had some nasty ones in the past and some completely useless ones where they have made me feel unwelcome or asked me to do something entirely different from the advertised role.

Now that I am qualified and have 4-ish years of experience plus 5 in Health and social care before that it's not so hard for me to look bad in interviewers eyes, as long as I am going for a similar role!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                      Today's interview went well...but 2 more interview stages left
                      "Ah! Mr. Zaki! Just stand here and your interviewer will be with you momentarily."

Comment

"Ah! Mr. Zaki! Just stand here and your interviewer will be with you momentarily."
                        So, don't wear a tie?

Comment

Wear a clip-on tie.

Comment

I was told not to wear a suit at all for this one! No sneaky changing in Starbucks or Costa for me

Comment

I'm used to changing into my cape and tights inside a phone box, but there are a lot less of those around these days (hence career change).

Comment

How much do you pay for just Broadband, if you don't mind me asking?
                                It's £30 ex VAT for the 350MB service, which is the business group's lowest.

I just made up a name for my "business" when I ordered it online and played along over the phone.
                                Alledgedly you get priority service over the residental users and there is no throttling. I also get emails and updates telling me when they are doing work and that there may be 5 minute downtime or whatever.

Comment

Working...
                                X