Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat and fruit combos can get in the sea.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      I’m mystified as to why people even like Nando’s, I think I’ve been to it maybe 3-4 times and it’s at best ‘meh’.
      It's cheap and (depending on what you order) relatively healthy, when compared to the other options that are likely adjacent to your local cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Meat and fruit combos can get in the sea.
        Turkey with apple sauce?
        Hawaiian pizza?
        Pork meatballs with lingonberry jam?
        White pudding and square sausage sandwich?
        Hoisin & plum sauce spare ribs?
        Red wine with beef? (Does that count?)

Whats wrong with you? Those are some of my all-time favourite dishes!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          It's cheap and (depending on what you order) relatively healthy, when compared to the other options that are likely adjacent to your local cinema.
          Like I said I practically lived off of it in Singapore while making PBs with power lifting and cardio. Unless you want to eat the cheapest of the cheap Chinese shizer (which is made of plastic and chemicals) it was one of the cheapest options. That said we'd constantly do grocery shopping at M&S for the exact same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            White pudding and square sausage sandwich?
            White pudding is not a fruit, Dave. You don’t get to claim it as one of your five a day, unfortunately. But yeah, you heard me. I’ll let red wine with beef slide and pineapple on pizza on rare occasions but the others can get in the sea.

Comment

The worst fruit based food sin is fruit in cheese. ****ing horrendous.

Comment

I used to believe that fruit and veg in chocolate (orange, raisins, chilli, etc.) can GTF, but I now realise that chocolate and raisins isn't that bad and chocolate mint is one of the best flavours.

Also, since living in Denmark and all their artisinal bread, that walnuts and cranberries in myselibrød (museli bread, fact fans!) is indeed delicious!

Having said that, the Danes stick liquorice in and on everything, chocolate, ice cream, liquid liqorice as a topping to pop corn, etc. It's foul!

Comment

Nando's is rubbish.

Went there once and my wife had a salad bowl that had less chicken than our son's child portion.
                  "Everything alright with your meal?"
                  "There's barely any chicken in this salad."
                  "Well that's the size of a salad, so that's what you get."
                  "Why did you ask if you clearly don't care?"

About a month ago we stopped at a Nando's at the services and everything was wrong, including almost no chicken, so after being refused our first three choices, we found something they did have.
                  Fries were cold
                  No super grain
                  No fried chicken, burger
                  No Fino pitta
                  Sprite Zero flat
                  No ice
                  No straws
                  Kids colouring was faint and had to chase
                  8:50 arrival
                  9:30 food
                  No haloumi

To top it all off, it markets itself like some swanky continental restaurant, but it's just KFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                    The worst fruit based food sin is fruit in cheese. ****ing horrendous.
                    What about them cheese cups for wine? Whoever came up with that idea needs a dirty nappy slapping across their chops.

Comment

I feel I need to google that but also feel it would enrage me Dave. But then, I don’t drink wine.

Comment

White pudding is not a fruit, Dave. You don’t get to claim it as one of your five a day, unfortunately.
                        Hahaha

And yeah Nando's is not great. Just a bit of bland chicken really. Might as well make it at home.

Comment

White pudding is not a fruit, Dave.
                          I had it with fruit in once. Fruit pudding! That's what I meant.

Comment

While we’re on food iks.

I’ve recently become allergic to bananas. Soon as I eat them I become nauseous and want to throw it up. Nothing has ever done that before food wise and it really really irks me as I love them, cheap and really good for you.

Awesome thanks random life.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              While we’re on food iks.

I’ve recently become allergic to bananas. Soon as I eat them I become nauseous and want to throw it up. Nothing has ever done that before food wise and it really really irks me as I love them, cheap and really good for you.

Awesome thanks random life.
                              My mate has just randomly become allergic to all berries.

Reckon it's something to do with the growth? Tried organic?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                My mate has just randomly become allergic to all berries.

Reckon it's something to do with the growth? Tried organic?
                                I have. I’ve also tried them in various stages of growth, ie not ripe enough, just ripe, too ripe, all make me sick.

Upon some research it turns out bananas contain a small amount of a certain type of rubber compound, it’s that rubber compound that your body rejects. Apparently there’s other fruit that contains it as well so it could be the case I’ll become allergic to those over time as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X