Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zavvi are a bunch of clowns; I certainly won’t be shopping there again. In fact, I was so miffed I set up a Trustpilot account just to leave them a bad review. Morons.

Comment

Yeah, that's crappy. Also:

Lot of cancellations there, too.

"Every episode is three blokes falling down a hill. I don't know why I've seen so many episodes and expected something different. It was on Drama channel at my mate's house last night and yup they were running after some one going down a hill on a chair and in the next scene in a wooden cart. The people who made this must have thought this is gold after it became successful we literally write a variation on the same thing every episode and all they have to do it pay for a new money rake every time the last one wears out. It's so old like me that I remember Noel Edmonds interviewing members of the cast on Swap Shop! and even back then they were falling down a hill."

Comment

Horses for courses and all that, but a LOTSW boxset is technically an instrument of torture and probably illegal under the Geneva Convention.

Comment

Awful if true. Does seem... high enough to be a level I struggle to believe is real but if it is then damning.

Comment

Having two girls, I can well believe this. My girls are so young and yet already I'm getting a sense of the pressure their peer groups are under and also causing. And modern messaging is a toilet and seems to be making this so much worse. I'm dreading them getting access to that stuff.

Comment

I'm already dreading having to fend a life of ill fitting leggings and inappropriate crop tops off SFJr2 down the line because 'that's what my friends al wear'

Comment

Yep, it's all ahead of us.

Comment

Our 5-year-old has recently taken to rolling up her t-shirts and tying them so her belly's showing. Only round the house, not outside, but I've no idea where she's got the idea from- she only watches Disney and Scooby Doo.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                    Yeah, that's crappy. Also:

Lot of cancellations there, too.

"Every episode is three blokes falling down a hill. I don't know why I've seen so many episodes and expected something different. It was on Drama channel at my mate's house last night and yup they were running after some one going down a hill on a chair and in the next scene in a wooden cart. The people who made this must have thought this is gold after it became successful we literally write a variation on the same thing every episode and all they have to do it pay for a new money rake every time the last one wears out. It's so old like me that I remember Noel Edmonds interviewing members of the cast on Swap Shop! and even back then they were falling down a hill."

Ha ha. Well there is certainly an element of that in some episodes.

The earlier 1970s episodes have barely any slapstick. They’re talk-based character and setting pieces, with a bit of social and political commentary and satire. A lot of this has been forgotten because the 1990s episodes were formulaic and slapstick.

Comment

The Chromebook advert:

Do you wish your laptop worked more like your phone?

Erm, no. Nobody does. Anything I do on my phone is slower, more cumbersome and more prone to error than if I were doing it on a computer. FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        The Chromebook advert:

Do you wish your laptop worked more like your phone?

Erm, no. Nobody does. Anything I do on my phone is slower, more cumbersome and more prone to error than if I were doing it on a computer. FFS.
                        Yeah, they've completely missed the point. Laptops have had a resurgence in recent years and Microsoft are releasing their new Surface Go because people are still reeling after so much of the general public tried to replace their home computer with a tablet 5 years ago, and are now realising that they can't really do that.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Guys that do steroids. Just stop it already. You all look ridiculous with your tiny legs and puffed up water arms that deflate after a few weeks of not taking them.
                          I knew someone through a friend and he went from super skinny to just incredibly massive. He told people he just ordered milkshakes and legal supplements from China. The transformation was unbelievable and this post reminded me of that.

Comment

This crappy Alcatel, fairly recent, tablet phone I currently use for posting on here, FB and WhatsApp when I'm not at work.

Yeah, it's changed it's Gallery app in an update to something called "Candy Gallery", which requests permissions to access this and that.

I was under the impression that all phones had a solid 'Gallery' as standard, now my phone's gallery has turned into a spyware app????

Alcatel? You can go to **** and your phones are ****. They actually are, this thing is a bloody brick, pal.

Comment

Jazz: disable the app in settings and use Google Photos.

That'll be me in a few weeks (months) after I start supervising the weights room at school.

And eat nothing but Creatine for every meal.

Comment

I will try that but I really need to get rid of it. It really is a horrible thing.

This is the sort of phone you don't sell on when you finish with it...you SMASH it.

Save the general public.

**** em.

Comment

Working...
                                X