Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowing here in Switzerland too. It's been like this since Monday, with sporadic showers every day. Doesn't but surely it's annoying.

Comment

New graphics card but no real software to demonstrate it until I get my hands on Black Desert... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
        Vegans. I know plenty of Vegans and it's the only lifestyle other than being a murderer/rapist/peado that I cant get on with. If you're a vegan you're a twat.

Also people that wear a waistcoat/pork pie hat combo, or just generally hats indoors. Twat.
        Depends on the vegan tho. If he's preaching the evils of meat & animal cruelty then yeah he's a twat. Otherwise I dont see the problem. I'm a veggie but I don't give a shiny ****e what anyone else does in their lives. Each to their own imo.

My irk - Gerrard Butler desperately trying to get ppl to go & see that stinker of a film of his. On tv theres an ad on for it every ad break at night is bad enough, but I went to see Deadpool the other day & got Mr Butler basically begging the audience to go see his film for 5 mins

Comment

What film?

Comment

Probably London has Fallen.

The Probably isn't part of the title. It'd be a whole different film if it was.

Comment

Olympus has Fallen (the US white House original) wasn't bad, Aaron Eckhart as the president was okay. And they're both back for the sequel.
              White House Down was better though.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                Olympus has Fallen (the US white House original) wasn't bad, Aaron Eckhart as the president was okay. And they're both back for the sequel.
                Going to go see London Has Fallen tomorrow free for work, hope it's alright. Not my cuppa though really so not expecting much.

Have you been to the newly renovated Landmark 16 cinema up in the NW? The recliner seats....epic. All that leg room, too. Cinemas should've gone this way long ago. Just like Cineplex's VIP cinema seats but for no extra charge.

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                Probably London has Fallen.

The Probably isn't part of the title. It'd be a whole different film if it was.
                "Probably London has Fallen" actually sounds like a very good spoof film's title riffing on the franchise.

Speaking of, '50 Shades of Black seems' to have died a fiery and instantaneous death at cinemas. I can't imagine how rubbish like it ever gets greenlighted.
                Last edited by usman; 04-03-2016, 06:00.

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                  Depends on the vegan tho. If he's preaching the evils of meat & animal cruelty then yeah he's a twat. Otherwise I dont see the problem. I'm a veggie but I don't give a shiny ****e what anyone else does in their lives. Each to their own imo.
                  100%, A few of the ones I know personally are constantly spamming Facebook with vitriol about meat eaters being morally and ethically corrupt. I'd like to cage a vegan, feed it pureed giblets, saw them up then make a decent roast.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    New graphics card but no real software to demonstrate it until I get my hands on Black Desert... lol
                    Is that the character creation game ? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                      100%, A few of the ones I know personally are constantly spamming Facebook with vitriol about meat eaters being morally and ethically corrupt. I'd like to cage a vegan, feed it pureed giblets, saw them up then make a decent roast.
                      Do they go through towns with ham in the name ?

Comment

Boss. Today was our school performance day, there is a morning session and afternoon session.

In the morning, on car park duty, I was directing a car down a path of cones that someone else set up. The driver decides to turn 90% just before where I am standing waving her onwards, and knocks over two cones and gets a third trapped under her car. I suggest that the drivers can't see the cones, boss declares that "no, they can see them. It's the way you had the cones set up made her think it was a barrier and not a path". If there is any logic in that analysis if the situation I can't find it. Got me off to a bad start.

Next, at lunch time, our team of four English teachers was assigned an early lunch time of 11:15-11:30 because we had to get back out to the car park for the afternoon session. At 11:10 three of us are done with our duties and ready to eat, the fourth is still at the car park. It hits 11:15, so we decide to get the food underway. Boss sees us setting up lunch and comes in with "I think you should get everyone together first". All I could respond with was "We don't have time!" and to explain that the fourth guy knows the time he was supposed to come back. Bad move.

After lunch as I am waiting in the car park I get a dressing down about my 'attitude', when I point out that the schedule for the day clearly states we are to eat at 11:15 (plus we were told that in person) I get told the importance of eating together in Japanese culture. Apparently that is so important that we forego our right to eat AT ALL. At this point I was so irked I started pointing out that the scheduling was meaningless and the document meant nothing if we are just supposed to ignore it. Then I get a lot of guff about 'reading between the lines' and showing initiative - with his final conclusion being that I should have sent one of the three who were ready to eat out to relieve the guy who hadn't come back yet - yes very logical, are we now all eating together? No it's still only three of us. Just a different three.

My next duty is manning the light switches at the back of the hall, but as I go up to do that I get cornered again and given a further talking to about making the right choices and setting an example to the other team members. I just threw up my hands at that point and went to do my job.

Final scheduled task for me right after the show was to guide the traffic leaving the car park, and then go back to take apart the seating in the hall. I rush down to the car park after the show. Five minutes later boss comes down... "Like I said, the first priority is to clean up the hall. You can do this stuff later". Direct the traffic later? After all the cars have gone? Makes sense. I could point out what the bit of paper says I'm supposed to be doing, but I'd just get another lecture about reading between the lines, so I just turned around and walked back up to the hall without saying a word.

Comment

Was it as good as Black Hawk Down though?

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                            Boss. Today was our school performance day, there is a morning session and afternoon session.

In the morning, on car park duty, I was directing a car down a path of cones that someone else set up. The driver decides to turn 90% just before where I am standing waving her onwards, and knocks over two cones and gets a third trapped under her car. I suggest that the drivers can't see the cones, boss declares that "no, they can see them. It's the way you had the cones set up made her think it was a barrier and not a path". If there is any logic in that analysis if the situation I can't find it. Got me off to a bad start.

Next, at lunch time, our team of four English teachers was assigned an early lunch time of 11:15-11:30 because we had to get back out to the car park for the afternoon session. At 11:10 three of us are done with our duties and ready to eat, the fourth is still at the car park. It hits 11:15, so we decide to get the food underway. Boss sees us setting up lunch and comes in with "I think you should get everyone together first". All I could respond with was "We don't have time!" and to explain that the fourth guy knows the time he was supposed to come back. Bad move.

After lunch as I am waiting in the car park I get a dressing down about my 'attitude', when I point out that the schedule for the day clearly states we are to eat at 11:15 (plus we were told that in person) I get told the importance of eating together in Japanese culture. Apparently that is so important that we forego our right to eat AT ALL. At this point I was so irked I started pointing out that the scheduling was meaningless and the document meant nothing if we are just supposed to ignore it. Then I get a lot of guff about 'reading between the lines' and showing initiative - with his final conclusion being that I should have sent one of the three who were ready to eat out to relieve the guy who hadn't come back yet - yes very logical, are we now all eating together? No it's still only three of us. Just a different three.

My next duty is manning the light switches at the back of the hall, but as I go up to do that I get cornered again and given a further talking to about making the right choices and setting an example to the other team members. I just threw up my hands at that point and went to do my job.

Final scheduled task for me right after the show was to guide the traffic leaving the car park, and then go back to take apart the seating in the hall. I rush down to the car park after the show. Five minutes later boss comes down... "Like I said, the first priority is to clean up the hall. You can do this stuff later". Direct the traffic later? After all the cars have gone? Makes sense. I could point out what the bit of paper says I'm supposed to be doing, but I'd just get another lecture about reading between the lines, so I just turned around and walked back up to the hall without saying a word.
                            Awesome Boss you have there Darwock

Comment

Is he always such a nonce [MENTION=2357]Darwock[/MENTION]?

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Was it as good as Black Hawk Down though?
                              Not seen it, can't comment.

Originally posted by usman View Post
                              Going to go see London Has Fallen tomorrow free for work, hope it's alright. Not my cuppa though really so not expecting much.

Have you been to the newly renovated Landmark 16 cinema up in the NW? The recliner seats....epic. All that leg room, too. Cinemas should've gone this way long ago. Just like Cineplex's VIP cinema seats but for no extra charge.
                              I don't go to the cinema generally, once a year at most, and I basically go to the Chinook Cineplex due to the easy C-Train access.

Comment

This irks me - White House down is completely and utterly terrible

Comment

Working...
                                X