X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    Is he always such a nonce
    Yes basically, but he doesn't always show it to this degree and he usually spreads it around. Yesterday it was all focused on me.

He tries to micromanage our behaviour and tells us how to think/feel/react on top of actual job stuff. One of the new hires for next year came to watch the show as a sneak preview and I was pulled aside and told to make sure I said hi. Yeah thanks, I can handle basic manners, but telling me to do it makes me not want to.

He's an American raised in Japan to born again Christians (home schooled) so he's all kinds of messed up personality wise.

Comment

Why do people have to be so? I don't get it.

My wife decided to quit her job and come to Canada 6 months early because of her dick of an ex-boss. Then the second highest guy in the company invited her out for dinner to talk about why so many people have left recently. I told to tell him the whole truth, despite how non-Japanese it might be to do that. I think the big boss asked her specifically because of how her decadent, corrupting Western husband has ruined her "Japanicity".

My irk is how my supervisor is training our assistant manager on the overnight manager position this week. But she's not training him, she's telling him what to do and not explaining how or why.
      Originally posted by her
      And the night desk gives you this report. See? It's okay, let's put it on the pile.
      Originally posted by me
      ...are you not going to tell him why it's "okay"?

Comment

I had two fillings in January after breaking a tooth, they've been fine up until a week ago but now are agonisingly painful with anything hot or cold, and I've been up all night with toothache. Have an appointment next Saturday for another filling, but I won't be letting them near it until they sort these first two out.

Comment

That tooth could be on the way out. A root canal might be next. It might not but I had a similar thing happen with a tooth and that's the way it went eventually.

My bad back has kicked in again in a big way. I'm like an old lady.

Comment

Then the second highest guy in the company
            Pictured a basketball player here.

Realising I should also have pictured a stoner.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              I had two fillings in January after breaking a tooth, they've been fine up until a week ago but now are agonisingly painful with anything hot or cold, and I've been up all night with toothache. Have an appointment next Saturday for another filling, but I won't be letting them near it until they sort these first two out.
              I chew gum and squish it over the problem tooth. It lets me drink without problems usually.

Comment

If it's a root problem then I would suggest not to follow the chap above me advice

Root therapy is actually alright because it relieves the pain, all the horrendousness is before the procedure

As I get older my teeth are getting worse and at times I wish I had a mouth full of dentures or something that doesn't cause pain

Comment

I'm not advocating covering a huge hole with gum but I did it when a tooth cracked and exposed the root and the dentist commended me for being resourceful.

So nerr.

But yeah,

Comment

Sensodyne repair. It can be a little painful when brushing but is pretty great otherwise for sensitivity. Read the packet though!

Comment

Oops. Wrong thread.
                      Last edited by usman; 08-03-2016, 04:28.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                        If it's a root problem then I would suggest not to follow the chap above me advice

Root therapy is actually alright because it relieves the pain, all the horrendousness is before the procedure

As I get older my teeth are getting worse and at times I wish I had a mouth full of dentures or something that doesn't cause pain
                        I recently opted to simply pull a molar with a bad root out.

From speaking to friends and family, root therapy/canals for them never once were permanent solutions and the tooth were lost just the same.

Interestingly, there are studies linking tooth infections to Alopecia Areata, the much-depressing patchy bald-spot hair loss syndrome that makes life miserable for many. Combined with the fact that root therapy simply seems akin to fighting a losing battle with rust on a car, and infections are prone to return and affect the whole body, I personally would just opt to pull the thing out every time.
                        Last edited by usman; 08-03-2016, 04:37.

Comment

I don't go to the cinema generally, once a year at most, and I basically go to the Chinook Cineplex due to the easy C-Train access.
                          It's good that way but also a tad old and teenagers all around. If you can I would highly recommend seeing a film at Landmark Country Hills. The leather (pleather?) recliner seating is so enjoyable as is all the legroom.

Free medium popcorn, too, if you sign up for their newsletter on landmarkcinemas.com.

Arcade games selection used to be Sega/Namco/DDR joy but has now been mostly replaced with the cheap and tawdry cabs from 'Raw Thrills'. Still I think the ancient DDR machine is there as is HOTD 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                            100%, A few of the ones I know personally are constantly spamming Facebook with vitriol about meat eaters being morally and ethically corrupt. I'd like to cage a vegan, feed it pureed giblets, saw them up then make a decent roast.
                            Whoa!

I've always been annoyed by the granolas/vegans too.

But I do really like how because of them, there is now a very large proliferation of vegetarian/vegan meat substitutes that are very good.

You lot in the UK have had this for a long while now (the 'suitable for vegetarians' label; gelatine-free Skittles and Starburst; most cheeses being rennet/pepsin-free - I wonder if it was because of the relatively large Hindu and Sikh populations?), but it's new in Canada.

There's a company called Gradein, does brilliant chicken and beef substitute entrees, quite cheap as well. I eat meat but I prefer these because there's none of the heaviness that meat has and this stuff is organic also.

Comment

*Prepares for backlash*

Partially agreeing with Katie hopkins, she's a vile piece of trash but I do understand her from a certain point of view.

Mail Online columnist sparks angry Twitter backlash defending Johnson, who the CPS says 'exploited his fame to actively pursue a 15 year old girl for his own sexual gratification'

I remember when I was in year 10/11, there were two 15 year old girls seeing blokes in their mid 20s, even in 2001/2002 it wasn't particularly a shunned thing.

In the following countries age of consent is equal or less than 15: Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Montenegro, Portugal, San Marino, Serbia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Greece, Iceland, Monaco, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden.

Am I on my own here or is Adam Johnson being compared to the likes of Jimmy Savile a bit OTT. I agree that he should have exercised better judgement and not broke the law but it feels that he's very much being made into a scapegoat for multiple police failings with paedophiles that escaped conviction.

Comment

He knew her age, he pursued her. That's pretty much it.

I hear two guys shouting and swearing outside and expect to see two drunken homeless...instead it's two middle-aged guys on bikes in the cycle lane swearing at each other as they ride. One of them probably cut the other off or some nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                                X