Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep seeing these adverts for Burger King's £4.99 'King Box'. And it's not good value at all. Every Arriva bus ticket I get has a £1.99 voucher for the long burger and the fries, there's no way it costs an extra £3 for a regular Coke and a couple chicken nugs.

Suckaz.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      Keep seeing these adverts for Burger King's £4.99 'King Box'. And it's not good value at all. Every Arriva bus ticket I get has a £1.99 voucher for the long burger and the fries, there's no way it costs an extra £3 for a regular Coke and a couple chicken nugs.

Suckaz.

Comment

I initially read that as 'Swery Potato'.

Comment

Waxy toilet paper from the 80s that was more like tracing paper.

WTF was that about?

Comment

Is this only irking you now or have you been waiting thirty years to get it off your chest?

Comment

I didn't realize there was a time limit in regards to irkatiousness induced by events we shared in this thread. What got me thinking about it was how small the range of cleaning/hygiene products was back in the days with Johnson's, Vosene, Dettol, Pears soap and that was pretty much about it and as those thoughts of yore were swimming around in my brain suddenly I remembered this:

Who in the heck thought it would be a good idea to place tracing paper on a roll and yet they somehow managed to land a government contract that ensured it was in pretty much every public place you could imagine for over a decade?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                I didn't realize there was a time limit in regards to irkatiousness induced by events we shared in this thread. What got me thinking about it was how small the range of cleaning/hygiene products was back in the days with Johnson's, Vosene, Dettol, Pears soap and that was pretty much about it and as those thoughts of yore were swimming around in my brain suddenly I remembered this:

Who in the heck thought it would be a good idea to place tracing paper on a roll and yet they somehow managed to land a government contract that ensured it was in pretty much every public place you could imagine for over a decade?
                Whoever it was is probably dead now.

Comment

It was called Izal, I think. Nothing worse than breaking paper when wiping with that stuff, bloody nightmare trying to cleanse your mess with nonabsorbent bogroll.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                    It was called Izal, I think. Nothing worse than breaking paper when wiping with that stuff, bloody nightmare trying to cleanse your mess with nonabsorbent bogroll.
                    They had it at my school when growing up. We honestly used to use a clean, new box of it for tracing paper for maths (as that's what it was). It came in little squares, not even a roll.

Hideous stuff and that joke advert doesn't surprise me. You'd only use it if you literally couldn't wait until you got home.

Comment

Did any of you guys ever have that weird kid in your class who sh*ts in the urinal?

There were some special people in my Primary school.

Comment

We had one of those.

Comment

My school had peeps who smeared it all over the walls. Absolutely rank. It's one of the main reasons I never used a public crapper to crap in until my 20s.

Comment

All a bit of a crapshoot really.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                              Did any of you guys ever have that weird kid in your class who sh*ts in the urinal?

There were some special people in my Primary school.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                They had it at my school when growing up. We honestly used to use a clean, new box of it for tracing paper for maths (as that's what it was). It came in little squares, not even a roll.

Hideous stuff and that joke advert doesn't surprise me. You'd only use it if you literally couldn't wait until you got home.
                                Think of how much they saved on cleaners and supplies.

Comment

Working...
                                X