Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lego Jurassic World(PS4) has crashed on us twice so far, losing an hour of play each time.

I quite like the error report with the little video of what happened before the crash.

So far, it's only the Lego game doing it. Looking around online, it seems the Lego games are plagued with crashes and that JW is one of the better ones! I was going to buy some others like the HP games but won't bother now.

I've seen my fair share of bugs over the years but have never had a legit game properly crash and quit like this on an unmodified console. Unmodified, apart from that I installed a 512GB SSD I had lying around.

Apparently I should initialise the PS4 but if it's just Lego doing this, I'm not sure if it will help much. And what a hassle that will be. AND I've only had the thing for 1.5 weeks!

I'm considering backing up and then putting the original 500GB HDD back in to see if that helps.

Comment

Not so much an irk, but extreme sadness. Vet told me yesterday that I should start planning now for when we should decide that our dog has reached the point where we let him go. He’s had a lot of health issues these last few years, and the last thing I’d want him to do is be in pain or suffer, but right now I can’t get my head around the responsibility of ending his life. I’m in a bit of a mess about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Not so much an irk, but extreme sadness. Vet told me yesterday that I should start planning now for when we should decide that our dog has reached the point where we let him go. He’s had a lot of health issues these last few years, and the last thing I’d want him to do is be in pain or suffer, but right now I can’t get my head around the responsibility of ending his life. I’m in a bit of a mess about it.
        Its horrible, one of the worst moments in my life, when our DOG got put down at the age of 17 (and up until the end the dog was active). It was so horrible and brutal, I've never owned a dog since.

Even though it was years and years ago now, I still, miss every hair on that Dogs head and that lovely welcome when one came home from school and work The house just seemed so empty without him.

Comment

TA, not helping.

Colin, you said it yourself, the last thing you want him to do is to suffer. I dread the day that I have to part with my cat. She's gotten me through so much. But I know and I've always maintained that I'm not going to let her live in pain just so I can hold onto her for a few extra days/weeks. I'm crying while I type this just thinking about it. We have to make tough choices sometimes.

Comment

Toughest decision I ever had to make, I made the ultimate decision and I loved that dog but I couldn't see him existing like that anymore, he couldn't even walk anymore. It's like you've got to be the meanest git on earth and get rid of a thing you love so much. But what is the alternative?

It's awful but it's gotta be done. There is no escape with this one.

An awful day, it was five years back, total negative emotion vortex. But I did it. It was so tough but the end was so peaceful.

Comment

Yeah, this is a situation that sucks. And it will never not suck. But as others have said, it will reach a point where you just know it has to be done. It won't make it any better but, at that time, you will be doing the right thing as hard as it is. Your dog comes first. I know from having been through this that the hardest part is calling when it's time and the doubts that come with that and so that means it won't be a thing that ever happens lightly - when you decide it's time, you'll be right. You'll be making the right call.

Comment

My heart goes out to you, man. It's an awful decision you're confronted with. Pets are like family, in fact often they're nicer than family.

Comment

My wife wants a dog.
                  I don't.
                  Partly for practical reasons and partly because I know how much it hurts when you lose a pet.

I totally feel for you, Colin.

Comment

He is one of the family, that’s what makes it so bad. Twelve years. We’re not at the stage where the decision has to be made quite yet, but the vet has pointed out the signs I need to look for to make the decision. The difficult thing is, she’s told me he’ll still retain that spark in his eye from pup to the end, and he won’t show the pain, yet I have to make the choice based on other factors. He’s lost most of his muscle mass in his hind legs now, so when it gets to the point where he can’t get himself up I need to let him go with his dignity intact. I’m ****ing having a nightmare with it already. I cried in the vets, on the plane down to work yesterday so pretended to sleep, and at work (Thankfully on my own). Thanks for the comments though, it’s good to hear the experiences of people who’ve been through it for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                      My heart goes out to you, man. It's an awful decision you're confronted with. Pets are like family, in fact often they're nicer than family.
                      So spot on, there are family. It was horrible and even the look my dog gave us that day we made the call to put him down. It was like he knew what was happing and even in all his pain and the back legs going, he still tried to lick us all and roll on his belly

It's easy to say people need to do this and you must do it.. It's so much harder when it's your actual pet and where you can't almost bear to think of life, without that faithful friend. The only words of comfort one can give is Time does heal and you will feel like you made the right and correct decision after a couple of days of pain.

I also have to say the Vet was wonderful and the end was so very peaceful and pain-free and over in a flash. The only mistake my family made was we didn't keep his ashes and we regret that to this day, but at the time we just weren't thinking straight.

Comment

Dogs are more genuine than most humans ... the bond you from and the love they give is so special. We've been through it before too, and while it is horrible to go through we have always taken comfort in the fact the dog came to a caring, loving home and lived the happiest life.

Comment

Aye. Celebrate their life!

Comment

Two weeks ago my car suspension coil breaks....this week my car suspension coil breaks.

Comment

The people going mental that there will be female soldiers in Battlefield V.

I mean, I get that some people are pointing out how, while certainly women did actively fight in WW2, they weren't ubiquitous frontline solders at all fronts across the globe.

However, since when has Battlefield been a game which strives to be historically accurate? Surely if a lack of accuracy offends you, you should never have gone near the franchise? All those other ways in which it isn't like a real war are okay, but the sight of women on the front-lines is a step too far?

I just don't get it.

Comment

Since being in my new job a couple of years, my car has suffered more car park rash than it did the ten years prior. Door dents, wheel arch dents, back bumper nudged/paint cracked ... and then last Monday someone had backed into the front, right across it, nice hole ripped in it.

Bizarrely, after feeling angry about the lowlife who chose not to do the right thing and leave a note, I feel it's been bashed so much they can't hurt it anymore. It's not special anymore. So I ain't worried about it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X