Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have two UPSes, one is meant for the computer (plus monitors) and one for the NAS (plus router, network switch, and consoles).
    Both gave up within 5 minutes, telling that the battery had to be replaced. Fair enough, both were older than 5 years.
    New UPSes arrive today, so I spend almost an hour unfurling cables, labelling them, and reconnecting everything.

Results:
    2 USB cables leading to the PC connected to nothing.
    1 power cable connected to one UPS but not to any appliance.
    1 power cable connected between an UPS and a multisocket. Multisocket connected to wall outlet.
    NAS and PC connected to one UPS. The one with the lower power rating of course.
    Only one UPS connected to a wall outlet; the second UPS was connected to the first.

Now everything's labelled and wired correctly.

Comment

Royal Mail

Seriously, they told me they can't send my package because it was 5mm over the size limit. **** YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
        Royal Mail

Seriously, they told me they can't send my package because it was 5mm over the size limit. **** YOU!
        Posting those bvms again?

Comment

They can barely handle a small box let alone a BVM!

Royally Farked Mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
            Royal Mail

Them's the rules. You'll probably find all the big logistics companies follow similar policies and have strict guidelines on size.

Comment

My first time subbing at a middle school today. Holy ****. Give me high school or elementary.

Comment

Hearing what Val Kilmer sounds like now thanks to a link on Reddit. I knew he had been battling with (throat) cancer but... its so f***ing harsh.

It's really cut me up. From what people have said and interviews from earlier in the year his speech is improving but god damn it's heartbreaking.

Don't look into it if you don't want to get upset today I warn you.

Comment

Sanctimonious and judgemental narcissists.

Nobody seems to love anything anymore. They just get their kicks from knocking things that others enjoy, mistaking spite-filled vendettas and tirades for heathy criticism.

Comment

Trimming a hedge in the front garden. Turned around a bit too quick and cut through the mains cable for it.

Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      Trimming a hedge in the front garden. Turned around a bit too quick and cut through the mains cable for it.

Oops.
                      So....that's code for a vasectomy right?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        So....that's code for a vasectomy right?
                        Sounds more like castration (and then some!)

Comment

Not quite, but I did nearly **** myself when the electrics went pop!!

Comment

John Culshaws enduring place at the forefront of UK impersonators. Listening to him on the radio again reminds me how short on decent competition he is as most his impressions just sound like variations on his actual voice

Comment

I've just had to fill in a World Cup predictions competition for work.
                              As someone with no interest in football, I feel like I've played 90 minutes trying to fill the spreadsheet in.

Still, I'll dig out Super Sidekicks to ensure England win the World Cup in digital form at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                John Culshaws enduring place at the forefront of UK impersonators. Listening to him on the radio again reminds me how short on decent competition he is as most his impressions just sound like variations on his actual voice
                                Yep, I like impersonators it's a real art when done properly but Culshaw's can sound samey. Mike Yarwood admitted the same with his at the top of his career as he was being asked to do so many new ones he couldn't spend the time to imitate the voice and just concentrated on mannerisms.

Wife was watching this bloke on YouTube who was impersonating tennis players, Nadal, Federer and McEnroe were superb, listening to Nadal giving his speech yesterday I was chuckling because HE sounded so much like the impersonator.

Comment

Working...
                                X