Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The short shelf-life of Nintendo's reward points. There's just nothing worth spending them on and every month more expire. By the time they add anything decent I'll have zero. Boo.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
      Did the trauma take place at sea parks?
      A fire... at SEA PARKS!?

Comment

Hey [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION], any news on the window?

Comment

Second night in a row that my downstairs neighbours didn't shut the **** up until after 6am. Time to look for a new place.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            A fire... at SEA PARKS!?
            You've gone Close Encounters Crazy Roy!

Trauma was being molested by some old guy on a ferry, so water was sort of involved I guess (I did NOT get wet before anyone asks!)
            I can talk/ joke about it myself if I have to but when my mum weirdly brings it up it's like "Ha like that guy that fancied you on the ferry!" and its just not appropriate.

It was a horrible thing that happened for a significant amount of time on a long ferry trip and my parents were only aware of the situation when we left as they had to physically make a barrier around me with themselves as this guy would NOT leave me alone. I wont go into details but it took a good 6 years to let any guy anywhere near me with any physical contact after that and I try not to think about it anymore.

The fact she joked about it in front of a new family member is what bugged me the most, I just try not to react anymore.

Irk of the day - everything is dusty and smells like that because of the packing for moving. So sick of finding spiders EVERYWHERE dead and alive its making me itch. I'm going out to meet an old college friend later to get a break from it all so I'm looking forward to that

Comment

I won't lie... I'm somewhat kind of speechless at that. You definitely handle that with more grace than I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                You've gone Close Encounters Crazy Roy!

Trauma was being molested by some old guy on a ferry, so water was sort of involved I guess (I did NOT get wet before anyone asks!)
                I can talk/ joke about it myself if I have to but when my mum weirdly brings it up it's like "Ha like that guy that fancied you on the ferry!" and its just not appropriate.

It was a horrible thing that happened for a significant amount of time on a long ferry trip and my parents were only aware of the situation when we left as they had to physically make a barrier around me with themselves as this guy would NOT leave me alone. I wont go into details but it took a good 6 years to let any guy anywhere near me with any physical contact after that and I try not to think about it anymore.

The fact she joked about it in front of a new family member is what bugged me the most, I just try not to react anymore.

Irk of the day - everything is dusty and smells like that because of the packing for moving. So sick of finding spiders EVERYWHERE dead and alive its making me itch. I'm going out to meet an old college friend later to get a break from it all so I'm looking forward to that
                This irks me very much. I would not have made a barrier though, I'd have turned the old fecker into mulch.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                  This irks me very much. I would not have made a barrier though, I'd have turned the old fecker into mulch.
                  It was a tense trip in Tunisia and it was when we were leaving my parents noticed and as it was so crowded everyone was pushing past each other but this guy just would NOT leave even with threats. We just tried to get off the boat asap.

I just don't know why she mentions it after a drink. When I have approached her about it in the past calmly she makes the excuse she hoped it would make me think less of it but I am over it, I just don't want her to joke about it! She swore after the last frank talk about it 2 years ago she was genuinely sorry and wouldn't joke about it again but then here we are. I just haven't spoken about it at all this time as I don't want to be accused of being "oversensitive" about it which will piss me off.

Comment

I think we all grow to dislike your mother more and more each day.

Comment

New keyboards in the office. The company switched computers from Dell to HP, and I think even desktop users like myself got some kind of extension keyboard meant for notebooks. The function keys have a small "Fn" label, while their "multimedia" function (sleep, screen cloning, screen brigthness) is bigger; there's no scroll lock, but there are dedicated volume keys (up, down, mute), which replace print screen and pause (now merged with the function keys); there's a Fn key in between the left control and the windows button, just like in a laptop keyboard; the keyboard boy is flat, printed out of black brushed metal, keys are flat and have gaps between them (again, like a laptop).
                      They aren't terrible for typing, but as 3ds Max makes extensive use of the function keys and the windows button getting use to it is a pain. I'm thinking to get my own keyboard instead of that one.

Comment

****ing dullards who distract and pet guide dogs.

Yes, it’s a beautiful dog, yes, you want to pet it- sadly, it’s ****ing working to protect someone- and you distracting and overstimulating it could risk a life.

Silly ****s.
                        Last edited by MrKirov; 20-06-2018, 16:09.

Comment

My other half pre-ordered a NES Mini for me from Amazon a few weeks ago (at the 49.99 re-release price), turned up today earlier than expected. What was annoying though is they didn't actually pack the item in any way - just stuck two pieces of their packing tape on either end of the actual item box to 'seal' it, stuck the postage label on the top, then shipped it out. Contents are fine thankfully, but the box is a little damaged in places as a result. Shoddy is an understatement.

Comment

We've had a bunch of Amazon deliveries this week, they've all been the same. To be honest I prefer it over them sending items in boxes ten times the size and a mountain of packing. Their wastefulness up until now has been ridiculous.

Comment

Oh of course, I've seen some of their ridiculous packaging in the past. I think there should be some middle ground between excessively wasteful and nothing whatsoever though.

Comment

Amazon’s packaging boggles the mind.

£50 George Foreman grill comes in the largest box you’ve ever seen...

£150 Ltd Edition manga box set comes in the flimsiest ‘cardboard’ box ever, that’s really not big enough to hold it. In fact this happened with the Akira box as well as Pandora Hearts. The return shipping fees for the amount of replacements they had to send surely killed any profit; these weigh a ton.

Have to sign for an 8 quid paperback manga, but a hardback 30-odd quid Ninja Turtles book gets dunked through letter box?

Comment

Working...
                                X