Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine there's someone with such severe anxiety that the mere idea of pressing Start freaks them out.

Then imagine a 15G 'Press Start' achievement gave them the courage to try new things...

A few months later and they're giving speeches in public. All because of those 15G achievements

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
      Imagine there's someone with such severe anxiety that the mere idea of pressing Start freaks them out.

Then imagine a 15G 'Press Start' achievement gave them the courage to try new things...

A few months later and they're giving speeches in public. All because of those 15G achievements
      Gamer score linked to success? Interesting idea!

James Corden must have thousands of achievement points

Comment

James Corden doesn’t buy DLC.

James Corden IS the DLC!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
          What you are about to see next will break the internet.
          Perhaps also including the words 'right now' or 'anytime soon', instead of simply 'now' or 'soon'.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
            James Corden doesn’t buy DLC.

James Corden IS the DLC!
            The daily fishbowl review,

“The James cordon dlc is thee! worst! dlc in history, in fact it is so bad that we are having to write an apology piece and re review of oblivion’s horse armour. Yes it’s that bad.”

Pretty scathing if you ask me.

Comment

Comment

Noticed the boiler leaking. Guess it had been leaking for days. Half the carpet soaked in my game room. Boiler out, carpet and underlay up, every window in the house open, gaming gear emptied from room, insurance contacted... Tuesday before anyone even looks at it. Do not use Santander home insurance. Can anyone recommend an insurer who would treat this case a bit more seriously (I can't replace the boiler until the carpets are sorted so I'm without hot water).

Ta.

Comment

"Only" 4TB left of space available on the my NAS. How much WD Red 8TB drives go for now?

Comment

Those inspirational posts on Instagram that say "live every day as if it was your last"

A) It makes me depressed worrying that I'm wasting my life.
                    B) Why would I want to be in a car crash every day?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      Those inspirational posts on Instagram that say "live every day as if it was your last"

It's also a great example of oft-repeated dumb advice.

Some things are long term. If you live every day like it's your last, you won't achieve much.

Comment

"Believe to achieve." - F*** OFF!

"You can do anything you put your mind to." - easier said than done.

"Each day is a blessing." - say that to the deaf and blind guy!

"Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger." - or incredibly sick / disabled.

"You make your own luck." - said the privileged guy you work with who only got where he is because of daddy and his grandparents inheritence.
                        Last edited by Zaki; 30-06-2018, 14:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                          "Believe to...." snip
                          With you on all those except the last one. There are surely a few people that get where they are by luck, e.g. Trump inheriting a fortune. But many people work daftly hard to set themselves up and then get called lucky.

Comment

With you on all those except the last one. There are surely a few people that get where they are by luck, e.g. Trump inheriting a fortune. But many people work daftly hard to set themselves up and then get called lucky.
                            The last response was mostly down to a cocky little **** I had to train at work who swiftly became golden boy, promoted and then buggered off I'd like to think hard work pays, but it doesn't in my experience. Happy for the people it works for though!

Basically, after helping him out (I didn't need to) he says that to me after getting promoted over me...
                            Last edited by Zaki; 30-06-2018, 14:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                              "Believe to achieve." - F*** OFF!

"You can do anything you put your mind to." - easier said than done.

"Each day is a blessing." - say that to the deaf and blind guy!

"Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger." - or incredibly sick / disabled.

"You make your own luck." - said the privileged guy you work with who only got where he is because of daddy and his grandparents inheritence.
                              "Live Laugh Love" I put up there for the pure vomit inducing cringe factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                                "Live Laugh Love" I put up there for the pure vomit inducing cringe factor.
                                It's like there's a Zen Monkey in your mouth and he invited all his friends

Comment

Working...
                                X