X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a farce.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      I remember doing all that kind of stuff.
      Whoaah! Got worried there, as this was right after Charles answer to Moleman's paedophile friend from childhood post.

Now I just use Spotify, I hated the admin of iTunes. Spotify doesn't have everything but it's pretty good, and hassle free.
      Thankfully the context was restored to less weighty matters just before I called the rozzers on ya!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        What a farce.
        Indeed and they're making out like there was some kind of problem agreeing over terms with the distributor when in reality it was just that their ****ty little west end cinema wasn't good enough to handle 70mm. I think.

Comment

I had a wee read on the subject and I think it could handle the 70mm the amount of people it held was the issue

It seems an expensive process setting up the 70mm showing and apparently the odeon holds close to 1700 whereas cineworld's only holds close to 400 so it seemed an easy decision to give it to the odeon

Complete joke

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
            Whoaah! Got worried there, as this was right after Charles answer to Moleman's paedophile friend from childhood post.

Thankfully the context was restored to less weighty matters just before I called the rozzers on ya!

:l

Comment

Just kidding [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION]! Happy New Year.

Comment

Happy New Year to you also.

Comment

Obama's anemic town hall or whatever it was on Anderson Cooper about guns.

He can wantonly slaughter children every week with drones for the 'safety of our nation', but can't be forceful about legislating murder weapons in line with the rest of the civlised world. OK mate.

Comment

Originally posted by usman View Post

He can wantonly slaughter children every week with drones for the 'safety of our nation', but can't be forceful about legislating murder weapons in line with the rest of the civlised world. OK mate.
                    I think the issue is that he actually can't - or, moreover, he doesn't feel as though it'd do any good.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      Thinking back, we predominantly got around ?100 for non-practical stuff (i.e. outside of socks etc.). I only feel guilty about one year, when I got my Saturn on the first Christmas it was available, along with a TV for my room to use it with (with Virtua Fighter, Daytona USA and a second pad). Collectively I think it was around ?400, and that's in 1995 money.
                      I estimate that lot to weigh in at around ?700/800, more like. Including the TV of course.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        I estimate that lot to weigh in at around ?700/800, more like. Including the TV of course.
                        Nah; the Saturn was ?300 then, pretty sure - and I think the games were a pack-in, probably about ?330. The TV was a small portable, and I could tell it was second-hand (though in very good nick).

Comment

I think the issue is that he actually can't - or, moreover, he doesn't feel as though it'd do any good.
                          Too many gun loving opponents. The thing is, all the proposals I read about are to due with restricting and checking NEW gun purchases, not anything about taking guns away from those who already own them. But you mention "guns" and "laws" in the same sentence, and a third of the country has a frothy hissy fit

To be honest, the proposals are sound, but you also need a MAJOR proposal and plan to get all the illegal guns off the streets (because a majority percentage of gun death is with illegal firearms), and that's by far the harder and more expensive side of the coin...
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by usman View Post

You make it sound like he's flicked a switch on the drone controls from target terrorists to kids.

I'm actually against drone strokes, but there's a big difference between attacking enemy combatants, who have even less regard for human life, and making steps towards reducing the number of guns in the hands of the wrong people.

Obama's not perfect, but showing actual compassion towards victims of shootings and speaking out against a very vocal majority on gun laws deserves some credit.

Or what? You suggesting he does nothing to avoid being called a hypocrite?

Comment

I think like Donald Trump and his comments regarding muslims, Obama is going to struggle with US constitutional issues regarding this.
                              I agree with him 100% that some level of control is required and legally the right to bear arms does not automatically mean you are allowed to own a firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                Too many gun loving opponents. The thing is, all the proposals I read about are to due with restricting and checking NEW gun purchases, not anything about taking guns away from those who already own them. But you mention "guns" and "laws" in the same sentence, and a third of the country has a frothy hissy fit

To be honest, the proposals are sound, but you also need a MAJOR proposal and plan to get all the illegal guns off the streets (because a majority percentage of gun death is with illegal firearms), and that's by far the harder and more expensive side of the coin...
                                You've answered your own question there.

America's only hope for reduced gun ownership is to significantly increase the difficulty to buy new guns (and remove the ability to buy weapons that are for offensive human-killing, such as automatic assault rifles), and keep that up over multiple generations until (hopefully) the number of guns in existence reduces due to entropy.

They can't ask for an amnesty because hardly anyone would give in their guns. The notion of the gun-toting criminal is too entrenched in their society, and one wouldn't expect the criminals to give away their guns.

That being said, part of me wonders if America's bigger problem is having a central government in charge of a country of that size. Although not as diverse as the EU (though Americans like to think it is), the different states of the USA are culturally very divided. Maybe it would make more sense to give the states greater autonomy, and just allow Texas to be gun-toting, red-republican conservatives, with the other states making their own choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X