Life as a Parent 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RANDOM BOY INBOUND

The due date was mid-March but on Wednesday night we were watching Downtown and some dudes were sliding down ski slopes in giant balloons which had my wife and I in hysterics...

...thirty minutes later her water broke!

We reached the hospital around midnight, they did some tests and confirmed the trapdoor was slightly ajar. She's been staying there these past few days and they're expecting the labour to start tomorrow.

The hospital is being super careful due to Covid - I can only visit to drop off stuff - so I've just been hanging around at home playing Horizon and calling her occasionally for updates. I'm also her PA, fielding calls and Line messages from her family so she doesn't get disturbed and taking care of paperwork we didn't get round to yet.

Unfortunately it seems I won't be allowed to meet my wife or the baby until they're discharged from the hospital, but it also means I can take my time rearranging the flat and getting everything ready.

And finishing Horizon.

Comment

That's some harsh visiting restrictions, but sounds everything is going smoothly, and that's the important thing.

Comment

Yeah sorry to hear that - covid rules are basically nonsense now - but congratulations anyway!

Comment

He's out!

Just spoke with my wife for an hour or so and she's doing well. She described one of the nurses as God Hand because she rotated the baby like a boss. I resisted mentioning the PS2 game

As for baby, he's five weeks premature so he'll be in the NICU for the next week or two but the important stuff - breathing, internal organs, titty sucking skills - is on point.

In other good news, I finished the Horizon Frozen Wilds DLC fifteen minutes before he was born. I'm proud of all three of us!

Comment

Congrats [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION]!

Glad to hear both baby and mum are well.

Originally posted by randombs
            titty sucking skills

Originally posted by randombs
            In other good news, I finished the Horizon Frozen Wilds DLC fifteen minutes before he was born. I'm proud of all three of us!

Comment

Possibility for an awkward conversation in future with Jr1 and Jr2. They were Youtube surfing and came across the music video for Michael Jackson's Speed Demon. Since then they want to watch his music videos every night.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                Possibility for an awkward conversation in future with Jr1 and Jr2. They were Youtube surfing and came across the music video for Michael Jackson's Speed Demon. Since then they want to watch his music videos every night.

Why awkward?
                I guess the black or white crotch grab sequence could be uncomfortable...

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

It’s only awkward if you think he was a nonce.

Comment

Or when they mention him to others and they introduce them to the term

Comment

So the little one left the hospital and came home on Wednesday afternoon… but we’d just popped out for lunch lololol

He needs to be fed every three hours and the poor guy gets exhausted because his mouth muscles aren’t strong enough yet(he would’ve continued having relaxing umbilical feasts for another month while the muscles developed) so he falls asleep during the feeds.

He’s an absolute trooper, though:
                      • He’s happy with his own company which is handy because he’s active at night
                      • He’s very curious so if he gets restless I just move the baby monitor camera a bit to catch his attention
                      • He lets us harass him in all kinds of ways with barely a whimper
                      • He doesn’t even start crying until the street fighter KO icon is flashing

Every session involves massaging his belly, changing his nappy then feeding him. Three of those sessions include eye drops and - because he gets constipated - encouraging him to poo by rogering him with an earbud. He rather enjoys that

Yesterday morning I handled two feeding/changing sessions(man plan) so my wife could sleep. She managed almost 8 hours(her first long sleep since Wednesday) so we worked out a schedule:

Me: 8am, 11am (wife sleeps 6am-1pm)
                      Both: 2pm, 5pm, 8pm, 11pm(+bath)
                      Wife: 2am, 5am (I sleep 12am to 8am)

We both get proper sleep and proper alone time (she plays Zelda at night, I watch Archer and Walking Dead during the day) and because he sleeps in another room, we can watch TV or whatever without tiptoeing around.

Oh and he’s the cutest, nicest baby we’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting, which helps a lot!

Comment

Well my partner told me i’m going to be a dad this morning. Not sure it’s really sunk in yet.

Comment

Wow. Congratulations. Life will never be the same.

Comment

Nice! Cassius is correct. Life will forever be different.

Unless you’re Neon Ignition who seems to watch more tv, more films, and play more games than ever.

Comment

Congratulations!

Mine is coming up 14 and through my girlfriend I've inherited 2 more, 12 and 14.

I nap a lot.

Comment

Mine are 6 & 2. I'll tell you, it gets better.

The first 2/3 months absolutely suck. Your scared about making a mistake, you get no sleep, your partner will be tired and snappy, the baby vomits all the time, crys, ****s and eats and you get nothing back from them. But eventually it evens out and things get better. Just prepare your mind for it.

As for leisure time, again kiss it goodbye for the first stretch. Eventually you'll be able to drip some in. Handheld gaming is your best friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X