This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post on FB. Unsure if serious.

England is strong enough to stand on its own without interference from other organisations An if people want to come here a. Stay they have to except our ways ,oure language an oure culture instead of creating mini society of there own country ,this is where the problems come from ,for instance I have a shop near me where English is never spoken they don't encourage locals into there shop ,I no this is not everybody but this is my expefience

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post

England is strong enough to stand on its own without interference from other organisations An if people want to come here a. Stay they have to except our ways ,oure language an oure culture instead of creating mini society of there own country ,this is where the problems come from ,for instance I have a shop near me where English is never spoken they don't encourage locals into there shop ,I no this is not everybody but this is my expefience
      That'll learn em!

Brexit: Taking back control of bad grammar.

Loving the Queef's Unglish.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post

Oh their defiantly sirius.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
          Yeah, but surely common sense will prevail and no one will accept potentially unhealthy food on the market, right?
          In a lot of cases, right now, we don't even have a choice. A lot of tonic waters for gin contain artificial sweeteners, unless you buy really expensive fever tree tonic. Most pubs I've been in stock only the el cheapo Schweppes garbage.

Also rapeseed oil - that crap is in literally everything, despite tons of literature on the fact the body can't metabolise or digest it properly, so it's more likely to store it in your arteries. Try to find a mayonnaise right now that uses much healthier sunflower or olive oil. I am literally forced to buy only organic.

So even with the EU regulations there is crap on our shelves. Now imagine a world where the government no longer has to accurately label anything, and adopts US style non-regulation. You'll pick something off the shelf and it won't even list the ingredients.

We are doomed Brownrose_Kezzyenska, DOOMED!

Comment

May attempts to bribe Labour locations and MP's with £1.6bn she found down the back of the sofa.

Whilst Labour will whip it's MP's to support a second referendum

Comment

I see we are in dire need of a sarcasm tag.

Comment

May's offering gets lampooned as it's clarified the money will be delivered over a 7yr period and was inbound to those locations already and in any eventuality. May's attempts to link it to Brexit seem to have failed as Labour MP's line up to oppose her and say the amount was always a drop in the ocean next to the cuts she's imposed for years anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ck-brexit-deal

May attempts to bribe Labour locations and MP's with £1.6bn she found down the back of the sofa.
                  It sounds like a lot, but it's over 7 years and 7657 towns (approximate count of towns in the UK)

So, £228,571,428 a year -> £29,851 a town per year.

Or £5.91 per person (based on town population totals 2011 Census, so likely larger now)

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                    I see we are in dire need of a sarcasm tag.
                    The sad part is that none of it is sarcasm

Comment

The gall of these people to even offer this, now of all times after a decade of constant cuts.

I don't believe it'll even happen and if it did, it won't make up for the damage they've caused.

Comment

MEPs vote to scrap seasonal clock changes by Autumn 2021

Macron calls for post referendum reform of the EU in what will be seen for what it is, a sad attempt at clinging on to his role

Comment

Hunt says it's looking like there are positive signs form Brussels on the chances for May's Deal in next weeks vote, saying:

“The signals we are getting are reasonably positive. I don’t want to overstate them because I still think there’s a lot of work to do but I think they do understand that we are being sincere.

“They are beginning to realise that we can get a majority in parliament because they are seeing the signals coming from the people who voted against the deal before who are saying, crucially, that they are prepared to be reasonable about how we get to that position that we can’t legally be trapped in the backstop.”

i.e -

Comment

I think I'll wait to hear what the EU says, given the UK Government's history of exaggerating success.

Comment

One of the Tories Chief Whips has threatened that the UK may face a soft Brexit if May's Deal fails again next week. Pretty sure for many of his own party May's Deal already is considered a soft Brexit...

Comment

May offers MP's assurances that they will vote on whether to match EU citizen rights in future, a big move to win over support for her deal and... it's already failed miserably. Labour and the Unions have already squashed it as they say it's nothing but a confirmation that May will offer no confirmation of rights, instead leaving them to repeated chance votes.

Also, following Hunts comments that there are positive signs from Brussels on talks, reports are emerging that - no - no there are not, apparently said talks went quite badly. Additionally, the likeliest possible outcome of an enhanced arbitration process to solve the backstop has already been demolished as an option for the DUP saying they'd rather have No Deal. It's looking like May will have to return her deal to voting having failed to get any of the changes she promised.

Comment

Working...
                                X