Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rees-Mogg apologises publicly as he says he will now support May's Deal as long as the DUP will. They won't though meaning he just apologised for nothing highlighting what an utter prat he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      Meanwhile, the 5.8m votes for the A50 Revoke petition will be debated on 01 April but Government has already formally rejected the petition.
      The wording of the rejection is a little hard to accept in a world where May insists on running vote after vote on the same thing until she gets the result she wants.

Comment

Some NSFW language, but this is pretty spot-on.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...dicative-votes

A list of the proposals put forward for Indicative Voting and there's a lot of wasted breath in the selection for Bercow to sift through:
          I think that just shows that there's very little consensus amongst MPs.

01 - The Labour Plan - this will be on the ballot

02 - Common Market 2.0 - this will be on the ballot

03 - Confirmatory Public Vote - this will be on the ballot

04 - Customs Union - this or 8 will be on the ballot

05 - Malthouse Compromise Plan A - EU won't allow it

06 - Revoke Article 50 - this or 7 will be on the ballot

07 - Revocation Instead of No Deal - this or 6 will be on the ballot

08 - New Customs Union - this or 4 will be on the ballot

09 - EEA/EFTA without Customs Union - Maybe, not sure where the EU would be with this, I suspect without a CU it would be a no go

10 - No Deal - This is the default position, Bercow might allow this one though

11 - Unilateral Right of Exit from Backstop - EU won't allow it, Bercow won't choose it

12 - Consent of Devolved Institutions - already been rejected, Bercow won't choose it

13 - Contingent Preferential Arrangements - another nonsense, this will happen anyway

14 - Contingent Reciprocal Arrangements - another nonsense, this will happen anyway

15 - Respect of the Referendum Result - this is a nonsense proposal which is status Quo for May's deal. It won't be chosen.
          Last edited by MartyG; 27-03-2019, 11:11.

Comment

Rees-Mogg apologises publicly as he says he will now support May's Deal as long as the DUP will. They won't though meaning he just apologised for nothing highlighting what an utter prat he is.
            He knows they won't, it's a tactical move so he can look like he was prepared to support May, whilst really the ERG are still angling for a No Deal Brexit (which is what they want).

Comment

Labour finally commits to supporting the Referendum in Any Circumstance amendment

Corybn also asks May what exactly is her Plan B to her deal and she still avoids anything resembling a response

Comment

This update is gold from PMQs

"Sir Peter Bottomley, a Conservative, says the PM’s deal has not passed parliament because of those who want to stay in the EU, hardline Brexiters and Labour. But most people in the country want it to pass.
                May says that is the message she gets from the public too"

There is literally no support for this whatsoever, every poll puts it less publicly supported than Remain or No Deal and shows just how lacking in credibility her position is.

Comment

As usual May proves how utterly untrustworthy she is and will whip MP's to block the Indicative Voting from even taking place later today

Comment

I only scanned the article but did Corbyn’s people say today that they’d support a referendum for May’s deal but, if they got in, they wouldn’t need a new referendum because their deal would be better? Jeeeeeeeeeez. Talk about not reading the room. They have missed every opportunity to sweep in here and look like the hero. Total conspiracy theory but it’s almost like someone behind the scenes has managed to get everyone involved to force through Brexit at all costs, deal or no deal.

Comment

Interesting that David Cameron's referendum speech popped up in my FB feed.

I can understand why Leave voters feel cheated.
                      It's amazing just how far away from his promise the Tories are, but still people will vote for them in an election:

“And ultimately it will be the judgement of the British people in the referendum that I promised and that I will deliver. You will have to judge what is best for you and your family, for your children and grandchildren, for our country, for our future.

It will be your decision whether to remain in the EU on the basis of the reforms we secure, or whether we leave. Your decision. Nobody else’s. Not politicians’. Not Parliament’s. Not lobby groups’. Not mine. Just you. You, the British people, will decide. At that moment, you will hold this country’s destiny in your hands. This is a huge decision for our country, perhaps the biggest we will make in our lifetimes. And it will be the final decision.

So to those who suggest that a decision in the referendum to leave… …would merely produce another stronger renegotiation and then a second referendum in which Britain would stay… …I say think again. The renegotiation is happening right now. And the referendum that follows will be a once in a generation choice. An in or out referendum. When the British people speak, their voice will be respected – not ignored.

If we vote to leave, then we will leave. There will not be another renegotiation and another referendum.”

David Cameron, 2015

Comment

He didn't think the referendum or his speech through then.

Comment

I feel like it was a threat to those who might vote Leave, not a promise. It was a "be careful what you wish for" message. Followed by a loss and then him running for the hills.

Comment

Even though these votes aren't binding they're totally going to mess it up aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              He didn't think the referendum or his speech through then.
                              That should be on his tombstone:
                              "I didn't think this referendum through..."

Comment

Rees-Mogg accuses Boles and Letwin of not respecting the referendum, so Letwin points out Mogg has never voted for May's Deal to simply try and make sure the result is delivered on so Moggs response is to accuse them both of not acting like Etonians

Lord alive, what a pretentious p****

Must eat him up that he'll never be PM

Also, May might not be around much longer but a chart following public favour of candidates makes for a depressing read by showing her to be the publics clear favourite still

Comment

Working...
                                X