Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last weekend saw the first real sign that Brexit and a return to the good old days is definitely happening: White dog poo at the side of the road.

Comment

Funny you say that and bringing the thread completely off track - I saw white dog poo for the first time in decades last weekend.

Must be something in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        Funny you say that and bringing the thread completely off track - I saw white dog poo for the first time in decades last weekend.

Must be something in the water.
        Jokes aside, was that an EU thing?

Comment

The EU outlawed white dog poo in the same legislation that slashed Wham bar sizes into oblivion. Why the Daily Mail wasn't all over that is a mystery to me.

Comment

Anyway, I'm off to buy myself a marathon bar, opal fruits and a tub of Ajax.

Comment

Here's a Twitter thread from an actual WTO negotiator debunking Jacbb Rees-Mogg's claim that a no deal Brexit and moving to WTO rule is the best outcome (spoiler: it's not).

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                Anyway, I'm off to buy myself a marathon bar, opal fruits and a tub of Ajax.
                Do they still make curly wurly?

Comment

They never made Curly Wurly. That's from Cadbury not Mars Confectionery.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    They never made Curly Wurly. That's from Cadbury not Mars Confectionery.
                    Yeah! Bet they're made by foreigners in the factory though!

Comment

Any sane person will sell their house shortly before Brexit, invest all the money in another currency and when the pound slumps, buy loads of it and then buy two houses and a yacht.

How is that that currency trading is fine in the billions, but customs get upset about more than £10k being taken through the airport???

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        Any sane person will sell their house shortly before Brexit, invest all the money in another currency and when the pound slumps, buy loads of it and then buy two houses and a yacht.

How is that that currency trading is fine in the billions, but customs get upset about more than £10k being taken through the airport???
                        Because we haven't got billions, so we don't get any say in anything.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          To be fair, anyone carrying more than £10k through customs is probably doing it for nefarious reasons.

Digital transfers are trackable, unless you're really wealthy, when they aren't.

Comment

Loose lips sink ships

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              Instead of moaning about stuff, I wish everyone would get together and just get this brexit **** done with a semi decent deal slightly close to the one we were promised. The last thing we need right now is in-fighting.

Comment

Lol just read this twitter:
                                The Brexit referendum was due to the Tory in-fighting. The result of the referendum was due to the Tory in-fighting. The absurdly early triggering of Article 50 was due to the Tory in-fighting. But now the Tories are, no, wait, they are still in-fighting.

Comment

Working...
                                X