Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is any politician? There's one hell of a post-Brexit show waiting to happen from next April and it'll be interesting to see how this falls out once current MPs can't hide behind holding off any change until the deadline passes

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      It was always a fantasy that the EU would compromise the very foundation of the four freedoms on which the EU was built.
      As quoted above before the outcome of yesterday and reiterated by the EU yet again.

This government needs to wake up and smell the coffee - the EU are not going to shift on this. They were never going to shift on this. This wasn't an unknown thing.

If May continues to cling on to the unworkable Chequers plan there isn't going to be a deal. That's the reality of the situation.

How many times does the EU need to repeat itself before this sinks in?

All this finger pointing at the EU is going to do bugger all and wasting time on sorting out the mess the Conservative created in the first place.

It's gross incompetence.
      Last edited by MartyG; 21-09-2018, 12:15.

Comment

Here’s a crazy idea. Maybe everyone should of thought this through before hand and said to themselves, you know what, I don’t think parliament could/would, take responsibility and actually sort out a mess like this if it went through on the referendum.

Referendum votes leave.
        Rats jump ship.
        Ship starts to sink.
        Crew can’t be bothered.

Let this be a lesson to everyone. Ah who am I kidding, people don’t learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          For once, it may be for the best for the UK to put all its eggs in one basket

Comment

May is making her unplanned speech - essentially just confirming talks haven't budged an inch since last year despite all the fluster to the opposite.

Prepare for the last minute No Deal scramble!

Comment

It's a disaster and the government and right wing press will make leave voters dispose the EU Which in turn will cause further social unrest. The little man will always lose.

Comment

Shall I put the brakes on EU?
                EU answer me...

Comment

Labour will officially push for another General Election and failing that a second referendum will remain on the table of options for them to campaign for.

Am I missing something here, it seems like Corbyn is only rolling with this because he knows it's easy point scoring as they'll never be able to actively accomplish either but will also not take the blame for either option not happening either.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                    Shall I put the brakes on EU?
                    EU answer me...
                    Can the whole current government fit on that bus?

Comment

After Labours weekend decision making today is the fallout:

CBI, which represents large businesses, has commented on plans Labour has for large companies to be forced to give employees shares by saying the plans would kill business in the UK and drive employers abroad. It says the current situation in the UK means Labour needs to essentially wise up in its crack down efforts on businesses and start to work more with them or else risk driving investment away and UK share prices to fall.

Meanwhile John McDonnell, Shadow Chancellor, has suggested that whilst Labour may have decided to more firmly commit to a second referendum, if that referendum happened, it wouldn't necessarily include an option to remain in the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        Am I missing something here, it seems like Corbyn is only rolling with this because he knows it's easy point scoring as they'll never be able to actively accomplish either but will also not take the blame for either option not happening either.
                        Yes, it's what their members want.

They've also had over 140 motions for their conference submitted on Brexit by local parties and unions, most of which call for the party to back another referendum, which is a record for any single issue.

Comment

But yet he's waited all this time until it's feasibly too late to give in at all to it?
                          I'd be amazed if he even wants a General Election right now, more likely his ideal is that Brexit happens and he wins power after May has been toppled later next year. All the power, none of the blame. Though it's still hard to see Labour winning a GE as long as the SNP is in control

Comment

The Labour Shadow Brexit Secretary is today trying to backpedal yesterday's reports that Remain would not be an option in a second referendum. Labour are also increasingly preparing to vote down the final deal May returns with from Brussels.

Comment

Slightly awkward - Labour conference is going on and it's been outright said that remain is an option on the table for the party...

... but at the same time they've scrapped plans for a second Deputy Leader role partly due to not wanting to introduce a pro-remain leader into the current mix.

I hadn't heard about this idea of having two deputy roles with one being specifically for female post holders, I get the intention but it sounds like problematic token gesturing.

Comment

No wonder MP's want in on being an MEP

Comment

Working...
                                X