This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony is moving its Europe HQ out of London because of Brexit

"Britain's dithering over Brexit has gone on too long for Sony.

The Japanese company said Wednesday that it would register its European business in Amsterdam, switching its legal base from London. It blamed uncertainty surrounding Britain's plans to leave the European Union.
    The announcement underscores the fears over Brexit among top Japanese corporations, many of which are major investors in the UK economy.
    Sony (SNE) said its move will be effective from March 29, the day Britain is set to exit the European Union. The company described it as insurance against the risk of a disorderly "no deal" Brexit."

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      The announcement underscores the fears over Brexit among top Japanese corporations
      Remember how Sunderland was the first place to declare a win for Leave? Nissan is a huge employer up there.

Comment

Second Referendum amendment plans start to unravel but this time because of the ever leadership qualityless Corbyn

Comment

BBC is considering moving its HQ out of the UK and into the EU so that they can continue to broadcast throughout the EU. After Brexit, they will be unlikely to get a licence. Allegedly

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Remember how Sunderland was the first place to declare a win for Leave? Nissan is a huge employer up there.
            But but the immigunts?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              BBC is considering moving its HQ out of the UK and into the EU so that they can continue to broadcast throughout the EU. After Brexit, they will be unlikely to get a licence. Allegedly
              EUBC?

I get that this is just a "maybe", but talks have already happened.

They're not the only one, though. There are plenty of businesses that are also considering adding European offices, relocationg from the UK or cancelling expansions:
              BBC, Sony, Panasonic, Muji, The Grown Up Chocolate Company, Dyson, Rex London, Steris PLC, Pfizer, Chubb, Columbia Threadneedle, Liberty Specialty Markets, Admiral Insurance, Swiss Quote, STM Life, JPMorgan, XL Insurance Company SE and Bank of America.

Welcome to Threader, a place to read and discover stories and knowledge from Twitter. Get a selection of good threads every day.

So, my question is, what business are talking about relocating to the UK because of Brexit?

I'm struggling to find an answer, because look what happens when you try to search for them:
              For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

Good! Let get this foreign muck out this this country. We should by building our own cars! Remember the austin allegro?

(sarcasm)

Comment

Our cars could have been great, had it not been for them going on strike 523 times .

Comment

But Mr Dyson told us Brexit was a great thing and would create loads of jobs in the UK. Dyson manufacturing moved abroad and company moving to Singapore shows the confidence he has in UK manufacturing.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      Our cars could have been great, had it not been for them going on strike 523 times .
                      BL was a total shambles. It was only discovered that they had never made a penny on the Mini when BMW did their due diligence when purchasing Rover.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        But Mr Dyson told us Brexit was a great thing and would create loads of jobs in the UK. Dyson manufacturing moved abroad and company moving to Singapore shows the confidence he has in UK manufacturing.
                        It is somewhat telling; he was really pro-Brexit, he has a British-grown business that was built on ingenuity and invention, and he's fantastically wealthy. He could afford to "take the hit" and put his money where his mouth is with regards to Brexit, and still expect to come out on top.

Instead his company is opening an office in Singapore - though they claim they're just moving their corporate elements to better capitalise on an emerging market. We'll see, I guess.

Comment

British finance minister Philip Hammond said Friday he believed the EU might compromise over a Brexit deal in a way that would persuade lawmakers in London to

Phillip Hammond says some EU countries may magically cave on their red lines to give the UK a better deal in order to help us out

Comment

A superlative plan from Hammond with only one minor drawback

1) The WA needs the whole of the EU27 to agree to it
                            2) The WA needs the whole of the EU27 to agree to it

Now I realise that technically speaking that's only one flaw, but I thought it was such a big one it was worth mentioning twice.

Comment

It is somewhat telling; he was really pro-Brexit, he has a British-grown business that was built on ingenuity and invention, and he's fantastically wealthy. He could afford to "take the hit" and put his money where his mouth is with regards to Brexit, and still expect to come out on top.

Instead his company is opening an office in Singapore - though they claim they're just moving their corporate elements to better capitalise on an emerging market. We'll see, I guess.
                              ‘Somewhat’ felling?!

It shows that Brexit is for the little people. Jacob Rees Mogg, that swivel eyed fascist ****, is moving his hedge fund to Ireland as well. I absolutely hate the people that have put this country in the toilet and are powerful enough to avoid the ill effects on their own pocket book.

Honestly, it’s so sad how we are self harming like this as a nation. It really gets me down in a big way.

Comment

I can actually see some good things might come out of Brexit. Might. Doubtful in the short term though. And when we leave I worry the EU will crumble a bit due to us leaving, although brexiteers will point to it and say, look we got out just in time.

Comment

Working...
                                X