No announcement yet.

Little Things That Puzzle You 2: Twisted Membrane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funko pop figures....they really puzzle as i really do not see the appeal of them at all

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
      Funko pop figures....they really puzzle as i really do not see the appeal of them at all
      Yeah, I quite like SD stuff, so Funko Pop should appeal, but they seem so gormless looking and unposeable.

A quick search for "SD Iron Man" brings up stuff like this, which is so much more interesting than the Funko Pop below:

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        Yeah, I've never liked their design. Fair play to them though, they made them into "a thing" by sheer persistence. I remember seeing them years ago and thinking "those'll never take off".

Comment

I love Funko Pops. It’s the stripped-down simplicity that appeals. I like the way that the likeness is clear, but it’s suggested, rather than a slave to minute detail. Probably got between 35 and 40.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
            I love Funko Pops. It’s the stripped-down simplicity that appeals. I like the way that the likeness is clear, but it’s suggested, rather than a slave to minute detail. Probably got between 35 and 40.
            Go figure!

Comment

I’m more puzzled as to why grown adults would want any of that ****e in their homes. But hey, we all know I’m a grumpy old ****er.

Comment

It ties in with the same reason you have a Stormtrooper helmet, [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION].
                It serves no real purpose, but it's a constant reminder of stuff you've loved from childhood.

You've got to be careful not to let it get out of hand, though.

I would say you've got a problem if you have too many.

I estimate that's between 35 to 40 of them.

Comment

The correct answer is 42.

Comment

Here's one: why do people like a thing that I don't like? I'm confused and maybe even a touch offended.

Comment

I’m not really going to equate having one stormtrooper helmet in an entire house (which is in a box in the loft) to cabinets full of overly sexualised, big boobed Japanese tat or large collections of pointless toys. It’s weird. I’m not oblivious to the fact I’m stating this on a forum where my opinion is the opposite of the general consensus though.

Comment

Mods, Colin’s account has been hacked by JOe Musashi.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          It ties in with the same reason you have a Stormtrooper helmet, @Colin.
                          It serves no real purpose, but it's a constant reminder of stuff you've loved from childhood.

You've got to be careful not to let it get out of hand, though.

I would say you've got a problem if you have too many.

I estimate that's between 35 to 40 of them.
                          Nob off.
                          I’ve had this argument with my lass’s mother. It’s no different to clogging the shelves with ornaments and plates. Totally useless, other than for decorative purposes. Just, my tastes are more sprightly, whereas hers look like she’s led a night raid on the Bargain Hunt offices.

Comment

Another thing that puzzles me. I’m puzzled why I can’t be puzzled about something in a thread entitled “little things that puzzle you” without knickers being bunched.

Comment

Correction: Zen Monkey has hacked it.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                                It’s no different to clogging the shelves with ornaments and plates. Totally useless, other than for decorative purposes.
                                Wait, are we the modern equivalent of people who display Charles and Diana commemorative plates?!

Comment

Working...
                                X