What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
    I got that for 30p in The Times t'other week. I should read it!
    Brilliant and funny adventure. You're in for a treat!

I'm currently going through my P.G. Wodehouse collection. I just finished the first Ukridge book. It's one of the funniest books I've read (next to Mr Muliner Speaking)!

Comment

Part way through I, Alex Cross by James Patterson (which I'm loving) & Witches' Brew by Terry Brooks (which I'm sort of loving).

I also borrowed World War Z from my local library last week & didn't get on with it at all.

Comment

About to start Ian Rankin's Dark Entries, which will be interesting as I'm not really a graphic novel fan.

Comment

I'm currently reading The Shadow in the North by Philip Pullman. It's one of the Sally Lockhart books. I've already read The Ruby in the Smoke, which was great, and this is just as good.
          Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Picked these up in a "3 Hardbacks for £5" offer at a discount book retailer in Skipton purely because I adored the covers... I know I shouldn't judge books by those but as it turns out In The Miso Soup is a great read and I enjoyed Piercing too although probably wouldn't recommend that so much...
            Last edited by dotoko; 15-12-2009, 18:49.

Comment

Nice bit of Lovecraft for my festive (unspeakable, unameable) horror.

Comment

Is this where we post about comics? (We used to have a thread but... it's gone...)

Currently on the go: Fables, Locke and Key, and Criminals

TRS were a bit down on Fables, but two issues in and lovin' it... The other two are also fantastic.

Comment

As for "proper" reading...

I thought I'd give Tao Lin a go (matron) - Shoplifting From American Apparel

And having enjoyed the film I've almost finished-up An Education. She seemed like a right little madam - she reckoned she shagged 50+ blokes in her second year at Oxford, one of them Howard Marks!

Comment

Ste King - The Stand (complete + uncut edition)

Comment

Parasite Eve by Hideki Sena.

And no, it isn't anything like the game.

Comment

Cosmos by Carl Sagan.

Comment

The Hobbit

Comment

Halfway through Feast of Souls by Celia Friedman & Professional by Robert B Parker. Both cracking good reads.

Comment

'77 Sulphate Strip by Barry Cain. A first-hand account of the Punk years, lots of interesting stories and semi-interviews with many major (and minor) punk figures, and The Stranglers get a good look in, which is great for this man.

Pretty good so far, maybe a bit 'How lucky was I, eh?' in tone, but still a very good read, and flows much better than Johnny Rotten's own autobiography.

99p at The Works, currently.

Comment

Been meaning to try and get into the series for ages so thought this Compendium was the best was to start (especially seeing as it was considerable cheaper than trying to pick up all the graphical novels which comprise it separately).

At 1000+ pages, it's a pretty hefty tome!

Comment

Working...
                                X