Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twix: Cookies and Cream Edition
    Shaped like a Twix, packaged much like a Twix, but that's largely where the similarities end. The switch up changes not just the taste but also the consistency. It's okay, very sweet but doesn't match the OG
    3/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Mini Cheddars Bangin' Cheese Burger Flavour

Promising smell. Tastewise, rather sweet, more relish than burger, not cheesy enough. I much preferred the Walkers (not something I normally say) American Cheeseburger attempt.

Mini Cheddars Classic Cheese Pizza Flavour

Promising smell. Tastewise, oregano and not cheesy enough.

Comment

I'm still miffed you can't get the Branston pickle mini chedders anymore. Seriously they were the best!

Comment

Rolos: Dark and Salted Caramel Edition
          Surprisingly decent, they taste quite nice with the twang of the salted caramel and the dark chocolate not being too rich
          4/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Pepsi: Refresh Shot
            Their equivalent of an energy drink, like a slightly stronger coke. Small can as you usually see with these things but not too tangy etc, more like an old school taste
            4/5 Milkshakes

Jammy Dodgers: Banana Edition
            Yeah, these don't work. The Banana taste has that overly manufactured taste to it and the biscuit feels overly underbaked. Not that pleasant.
            1/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Dairy Milk: Tropical Pineapple Edition

0/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Not sure if the current form of this has always been like this but it was my first time trying this and must have been around in some shape or form well before today.
                Wondered into a corner shop after returning an amazon parcel at my local post office near work on my lunch break. I tried to escape the burning heat to grab a cold drink but all their drinks felt like they had not been in the fridge for long. Decided to get one anyway to refrigerate at work and try and grab a drink at the water cooler when I got back. Then I remembered ice cream exists and are sold in these shops.

Saw a Bounty Ice Cream Bar that looked exactly like a bounty bar but in the freezer and slightly longer. It looks just like a long bounty bar but more cylindrical and with more of a stipple pattern on it. I really like bounty bars but LOVE dark chocolate ones from the fridge (not a massive DC fan but several taste good when freezy cold. So I had high expectations.

Needless to say, I don't know if it was because I was delusional from the heat but this was the best F****** ice cream I had ever tasted. I could tell the chocolate would not last very long in the heat but the ice cream was so cold it kept it solid long enough to eat without making a mess (in a wrapper not on a stick). The coconut ice cream was incredibly creamy and cooling and instantly made me feel 1000% better. I now need to find out where I can buy these in a supermarket as my local corner shop doesn't sell. Not overpowering coconut taste but its there so try at your own risk if you hate coconut.

5/5 Milkshakes
                Last edited by Blobcat; 12-08-2022, 20:23.

Comment

I would argue that Mars have absolutely nailed the practice of making ice cream equivalents of their flagship chocolate bars.

Bounty, Mars, Twix, Snickers...all of the ice cream versions are delicious.
                  Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 13-08-2022, 15:54.

Comment

I am gonna try this Bounty ice cream on your recommendation. Sounds delicious. And yeah I would agree Nu Eclipse, Snickers and Mars ice creams are great.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      Dairy Milk: Tropical Pineapple Edition

0/5 Milkshakes
                      Tried this ages ago from an candy importer (Despite being officially released in the UK, it's originally Australian).

I thought it was actually alright, even if the pineapple fondant is admittedly super-sweet and sickly. Couldn't eat it repeatedly but I thought that it was a decent change-up from the boring Dairy Milk blocks you normally get here in the UK.

Comment

Snacks and treats are universally **** here in the Netherlands. That's why I bought a box of Curly Wurlies and a box of Fudge bars from the Cadbury tour in Brum a few weeks back.

I always used to think Cadbury's was sub-par growing up, compared to the Galaxy range in particular, but now I'm bumming it pretty hard for the first time ever. It's great, especially from the fridge.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post

I always used to think Cadbury's was sub-par growing up, compared to the Galaxy range in particular, but now I'm bumming it pretty hard for the first time ever. It's great, especially from the fridge.
                          Nah. Galaxy has ALWAYS been inferior to classic Cadbury's Dairy Milk. It's way, way too sweet (although I'll be honest and say that Galaxy Caramel >>>>> Cadbury's Dairy Milk Caramel BITD).

To be honest though, both Mars Corp and Cadbury's chocolate is sub-par today compared to what it used to be. Green & Black's Chocolate is light years ahead of them both and has been for a while.

That said, you're right in that Dairy Milk is excellent out of the fridge.

Comment

I'm surprised to hear that Dave, as my fave choc bar is Dutch. It's Tony's Chocolonely - they do loads of varieties but their dark chocolate is my go-to.

Comment

In a head to head I go Galaxy overr Dairy Milk. DM is nice but its quality has been hit too much to compete.

Dairy Milk: Mystery Bar 01

It feels like a milk chocolate bar with whit chocolate on the inside but in terms of flavour it comes across to me like a light turkish delight flavour
                              4/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                In a head to head I go Galaxy overr Dairy Milk. DM is nice but its quality has been hit too much to compete.

Dairy Milk: Mystery Bar 01

It feels like a milk chocolate bar with whit chocolate on the inside but in terms of flavour it comes across to me like a light turkish delight flavour
                                4/5 Milkshakes
                                You had me until Turkish Delight. I've got a bar of soap upstairs I can eat instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X