No announcement yet.

Are you happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend told me that money doesn't buy happiness. He's on 6 figure salary, owns 3 properties and travels around the world for weeks.

He seems pretty happy to me. (twat)

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
      Not well, really.

My endless two years of unfair life is ongoing.

My house sale is taking an age, and with a time limit in place and solicitor cock ups, I’m not sure if everything is going to make it.
      My company is being taken over and there’s uncertainty with that, and my beloved cat is feeling unwell- so I’m trying to get her to a vet as I type.
      My mental health is at a point where I’m struggling to motivate myself, so I’m putting on weight and the unhappy cycle continues. My partner is feeling it too, and the cracks are starting to show with her also.

All of this is setting my anxiety into overdrive, and not a minute goes by without thinking about something or everything.

If I can just get this house sale and move done before December, I might be able to breathe.

I hope to god my little girl is okay, because the minutes at a time I spend with her are my only positive. I love her so much and if anything happens to her I genuinely don’t think I could continue.
      Really hope things go your way MK (soon!).

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
        A friend told me that money doesn't buy happiness. He's on 6 figure salary, owns 3 properties and travels around the world for weeks.

He seems pretty happy to me. (twat)
        Money can't buy happiness but it would allow me the freedom to not have to worry about the daily grind which would relieve some pressure and allow me to relax which I would hope create some happy feelings.

Comment

Financial freedom is happiness! Spot on Teddy! I don't even want a life of luxury. Just want my own home and to provide essentials and some nice things for the family.....and to buy those expensive PCBs I'll never be able to afford now

Comment

It's an old saying: Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a better quality of misery

Comment

[MENTION=3332]MrKirov[/MENTION], thanks again for your honesty. I'm sorry things haven't picked up for you since your last post.
              I still think you should try and seek some professional help with this and don't take "no" for an answer, be a bit pushy.

Comment

Thankfully, Freya seems to have gotten better. She had a fever, and they gave her an injection. Since then, she’s eaten/drunk/pooped and been more herself. Another visit later should hopefully confirm it though.

On to just trying to sort the house stuff out again.

Comment

No, I’m very lonely. And being sat here by myself with an iPad and a quite frankly ridiculous credit limit... yeah, well you guys have probably brought a lot of the **** I’ve wasted my money on. Retail therapy has its place I suppose, but not when you’re constantly spending money for that next little buzz, thinking that this purchase is the one that’ll make you happy. And the stuff just stacks up... more and more boxes full of ****. It gets to a point where you’re overwhelmed by it all and don’t know where to start. If all this wasn’t worth so much money I’d skip the ****ing lot of it and try and clear my mind. Instead I’m going to have to mess around with eBay I suppose.

I’ve spent the past couple of days throwing up due to my fantastic diabetes and that just makes it all the more apparent how lonely I am. At least if I’d gone into hospital I’d have had the nurses to talk to. And some proper good drugs, ‘cos my stomach is still killing me.

I only see my boy every other week, if I’m allowed, and my daughter no longer visits due to... reasons.

I really don’t know what to do with myself...

Comment

Don't lose hope, man. If you ****ed up in this moment, if you're miserable in this moment, it's okay, cos the next moment is coming right now. I know it can seem helpless when you're in the midst of it but things always change. Always.

Comment

Sorry to hear all of that, [MENTION=15014]_SD_[/MENTION], but thanks for your openness.

Loneliness is awful. I lived alone and really missed company and just talking about stuff with people.
                      I clearly remember seeing The Faculty at the cinema and trying to chat with a couple about the film and its influences who just wanted to get away from the nutter!

The internet has made the world smaller, but it's not the same as having a laugh with some friends.

As always, I'm no expert, we're just trying to help each other, but are there some clubs nearby that you could try?
                      I don't know your interests, but a running club or boardgames or D&D or something where you interact with others, rather than trying to fill the hole with things, could be something to try.

Let us know what you try and how you get on.
                      Sometimes just talking about things can help vent and get some focus.

Comment

Yup use the meetup website.

Interesting how you talk about retail therapy. I am happy now so buy a lot less for myself. I collected loads when I was single!

I often wonder about the collectors mindset and some of the posts on here make me question if there's a hole people are trying to fill, which makes some awesome posts a little sad in my mind! Don't mean to offend anyone with that BTW!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                          Yup use the meetup website.

Interesting how you talk about retail therapy. I am happy now so buy a lot less for myself. I collected loads when I was single!

I often wonder about the collectors mindset and some of the posts on here make me question if there's a hole people are trying to fill, which makes some awesome posts a little sad in my mind! Don't mean to offend anyone with that BTW!
                          I guess you fill different holes when you're in a relationship

I definitely spend more when I am depressed, but always make sure it's on something that holds or gains value, so I can sell it when I am "happy".

Comment

Yellow card, Zaki!

Retail therapy isn't just games-related though. Any hobby can become about the thrill of the chase, rather than owning and using something.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              I now live with a wonderful woman and child by the sea. I managed to get away from the big smoke, which has pleased me no end. I’ve got a few quid and I don’t have to work particularly hard anymore. I’ve also largely got over the mental health issues that plagued me for much of my early life, which also makes me really happy when I sit and think about it.

I’ve got a good network of both friends and family, who I wouldn’t change for the world. After all, they stuck by me when life was difficult and now we have great times together. My son is 18 now and has flourished into quite the gentleman and I’m very proud of him. He’s taking us all out for dinner on Sunday, which will be amazing.

As a couple, one problem we do face is having more children, but I figured it isn’t the end of the world if we can’t, and I certainly won’t hold it against her because what’s the point in that?

To surmise, I’d consider myself happy on the whole. I think once you get to a certain age, happiness is all that really matters. Even if we had no money, we’d still be happy. Material things will never equate to having a partner who truly makes you happy to wake up every morning.
                              You royally ****ed that one up eh DV?

I have always known it, but I have admitted that I have a drink problem. I’m attending my first AA meeting on Sunday.

To have had what I had up there, and then ruin it just plain stupid. Sad times indeed, and what happened happened so suddenly that I didn’t even get to say goodbye.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Noooo!

Comment

Working...
                                X