No announcement yet.

Are you happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is she staying? The house you bought together or somewhere else?
    You can't just be evicted.

Who told you there was an injunction?
    They need to tell you when it ends.

Comment

She’s still at home. Just I can’t go there for 12 months as part of the order. The court imposed it when I had to attend my hearing. As much as I hate it here, I’m staying at my mom’s currently. It’d probably be a bad idea for me to rent a place of my own given how I’m feeling at the moment. I don’t want to do something stupid. Plus, I don’t really want to sign up to something and then I suddenly can go back if it gets resolved.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Life’s a ****. It’s hard, and it’s cruel, and it’s unfair. The odds are stacked against you, and you work your hardest to get what you want or need and sometimes it doesn’t pan out. Sometimes these problems are our own making, and sometimes those issues cause you to fight back, and to change, and to come out the other side, better.

I’m sorry to hear about your problems Joe. I’ve talked before about my own anger problems, and there’s been times I’ve nearly lost my partner because of it. Keep fighting. Channel it on the right ways, and ****ing fight for your own happiness- whether that’s with or without her, fight for yourself.

I came to post an update for myself but reading back on your posts, I’ll keep my updates to myself. But things look BETTER. 6 months ago I was at my lowest ebb, but things improved, partly through fate, but partly because I fought back to make things work out.

Chin up pal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          People don't call the police on a whim, Dave. Petty is not the right word here. Only he and his partner know how they each felt at the time so I think it might be best for us to steer clear of judgments or needless speculation.
          Just saying. I'd have to rig up my entire street with C-4 to get a 12-month ban. Even at that I'd probably get to be present for the birth of my child on compassionate grounds alone.

Comment

So I went to the clinic on Saturday morning.

First spent an hour with the nurse explaining my symptoms since childhood - difficulty focusing, forgetfulness, lack of motivation, lethargy - then met the doctor who looked like a wicked cowboy magician(pencil moustache, jeans and denim shirt). After chatting with him a bit, he reckoned it was ADHD and told me he has it too.

He prescribed me some medication to take for a few weeks. I had my first one yesterday morning and I felt like Bella in Twilight when she finally becomes a vampire and sees everything in UHD. I got so much done at home - stuff I'd been putting off for ages like selling things on Craigslist and sorting out the kitchen. I was listening to James O'Brien's brilliant Unfiltered podcasts throughout and could properly concentrate on them for a change. I'd gone from pure lethargy to pure energy. I usually crash around 3-4pm every day but I was completely fine.

Today was the real test as I was at work and have been doing really well so far.

My usual routine is to fire up BD, Ars Technica and The Verge and browse for a while until it's suddenly lunch time. Then after lunch I start crashing at the desk for the next hour or so, yadda yadda yadda, it's 6:30 already and time to go home.

I'm currently dealing with Dell to get quotes for some new servers. So I got in to the office this morning, opened a new tab with the BD UserCP...

and then closed it.

I jumped headlong into researching 10Gb/s fibre optic options, Cisco compatibility, etc, for a solid three hours. BLT from Subway for lunch, no post-lunch crashing at all, got some more stuff done at work and now it's time to go home. Looking forward to the gym tonight.

Oh, I eventually logged in to BD at 5pm.

Comment

Mate, if you've stopped logging into BD, then I think you need to drop the meds, fast.

Only joshing, obviously!

Great news that you've found a bit of focus with them.

Thanks for keeping us updated.
              I'm looking forward to catching up at the meetup.

Comment

I hope there was talk about potential post-use side effects.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  Something about appearing more handsome than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                    So I went to the clinic on Saturday morning.

First spent an hour with the nurse explaining my symptoms since childhood - difficulty focusing, forgetfulness, lack of motivation, lethargy - then met the doctor who looked like a wicked cowboy magician(pencil moustache, jeans and denim shirt). After chatting with him a bit, he reckoned it was ADHD and told me he has it too.

He prescribed me some medication to take for a few weeks. I had my first one yesterday morning and I felt like Bella in Twilight when she finally becomes a vampire and sees everything in UHD. I got so much done at home - stuff I'd been putting off for ages like selling things on Craigslist and sorting out the kitchen. I was listening to James O'Brien's brilliant Unfiltered podcasts throughout and could properly concentrate on them for a change. I'd gone from pure lethargy to pure energy. I usually crash around 3-4pm every day but I was completely fine.

Today was the real test as I was at work and have been doing really well so far.

My usual routine is to fire up BD, Ars Technica and The Verge and browse for a while until it's suddenly lunch time. Then after lunch I start crashing at the desk for the next hour or so, yadda yadda yadda, it's 6:30 already and time to go home.

I'm currently dealing with Dell to get quotes for some new servers. So I got in to the office this morning, opened a new tab with the BD UserCP...

and then closed it.

I jumped headlong into researching 10Gb/s fibre optic options, Cisco compatibility, etc, for a solid three hours. BLT from Subway for lunch, no post-lunch crashing at all, got some more stuff done at work and now it's time to go home. Looking forward to the gym tonight.

Oh, I eventually logged in to BD at 5pm.
                    Sounds amazing billy. I fit all the symptoms you describe, but I always get prescribed anti depressants (which I refuse to take).

I do wonder if he gave you tic tacs or speed though.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                      Sounds amazing billy. I fit all the symptoms you describe, but I always get prescribed anti depressants (which I refuse to take).

I do wonder if he gave you tic tacs or speed though.
                      It's tic tacs laced with speed a.k.a. TOKYO DRIFT.

The one I'm taking is called Concerta and doesn't appear to be an antidepressant. I believe it increases dopamine.

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      There wasn't, actually. He only mentioned side-effects I could experience while taking them.

Comment

I suffer from similar symptoms, and have thought it may be ADHD. Tried a few kinds of antidepressants in the past but they didn’t do anything for me, got to enjoy the side effects though!

Comment

The only side effects I'm experiencing so far are a bit of a dry mouth and not getting hungry as often. Or rather, being able to ignore my hunger.

Comment

My ex got prescribed something her panic attacks. They worked too. Then she stopped taking them and the panic attacks came back twice as strong as before. I just worry about you bro.

Comment

Thanks bro.

I'll ask the doctor when I go back in a few weeks.

Comment

In the UK it's very hard to get a diagnosis for adult Adhd. There's a years long waiting list, too. I match almost every symptom of Adhd so they tried me on Concerta which is Ritalin. On a low dosage it did absolutely nothing for me. They upped the dosage and then the problem was I couldn't sleep. Just for one day and one day only I felt fantastic, like I had been dead for years and I was suddenly awakened.

The meds are supposed to help you function but I don't think I tried that one long enough to find out. Apparently if I did have Adhd I would have behaved differently on the medicine. The lack of sleep was a huge deal breaker for me.

I haven't functioned fully for years and there's other issues but I often wonder what is an illness or what is patterns of behaviour. Abroad they mention Adderall being the absolute best stimulant type med for Adhd but I think it's banned in the UK although I did come across someone online who was on it. I know Adhd exists but I wonder if treating it with amphetamines is wise long term. Although the medication makes a huge difference to some people so I can't argue with that.
                                Last edited by monel; 02-12-2018, 08:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X