X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Or just delete Facebook.
    Why would I do that?

Should I get rid of my TV, too? Japanese telly is mostly horrendous.

How about I cancel Netflix and Hulu while I'm at it? There's a boatload of crap on both those services(and don't get me started on Amazon Prime Video, with its random 'How To Draw Spider-Man' videos) but I never see it because I watch stuff I want to watch.

Comment

Yep. Do it. Cancel everything. You will never need to draw Spider-Man.

Comment

EDIT: Removed. Don't want to have "the Facebook argument" on a Thursday morning when it's sweltering outside
        Last edited by Asura; 25-07-2019, 08:31.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
          Mental the past year, have not experienced anything in the way of deaths or family illnesses in family since i was about 9 (over 30 years ago) and past year Grandad/Grandma/Great Uncle/ and Two aunties all died from cancer and my Dad is currently being treated for it.

Grandad and Great uncle did have a good innings though 94 and 96 but both Aunties were only in their sixties, Only good news is with my dad it is a small spot on the lung with it nowhere else (he did have part of a lung removed few years ago due to cancer but got the all clear). but upcoming 6 weeks of treatment is probably going to be tough

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            EDIT: Removed. Don't want to have "the Facebook argument" on a Thursday morning when it's sweltering outside
            It's cold here, I'm game!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Yep. Do it. Cancel everything. You will never need to draw Spider-Man.
              YOU NEVER KNOW

Comment

Or just delete Facebook.
                ...or just never join in the first place.

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                Why would I do that?
                Facebook is ****.

Of course not, as your telly isn't probably trying to track and or get your data from anything you do on the internet.

Comment

Why would I do that?

How about I cancel Netflix and Hulu while I'm at it? There's a boatload of crap on both those services(and don't get me started on Amazon Prime Video, with its random 'How To Draw Spider-Man' videos) but I never see it because I watch stuff I want to watch.
                  Because it’s vile cess pit of excretion? That’s also growing rich of all your details?

TVs fine, that can stay. Just fb, there’s a good lad, chop chop.

Comment

My kung fu poster collection is uploaded onto Facebook. It’s full of chopsocky classics.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                      ...or just never join in the first place.

Facebook is ****.

Of course not, as your telly isn't probably trying to track and or get your data from anything you do on the internet.
                      Actually modern TVs do do that. It subsidises their prices.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Actually modern TVs do do that. It subsidises their prices.
                        Believe so, but not if you don't let them connect to the internet.

Comment

Because it’s vile cess pit of excretion? That’s also growing rich of all your details?

TVs fine, that can stay. Just fb, there’s a good lad, chop chop.
                          Wow, I had no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                            Believe so, but not if you don't let them connect to the internet.
                            Yup just keep your tv off the net (use another device for streaming). From what I’ve read smart TVs are the biggest security threat around as they have basically zero protection.

Comment

Some have cameras, too!

My dad’s John Lewis(LG) telly has a camera, but you have to flick it up.

Comment

Yup just keep your tv off the net (use another device for streaming).
                                The other device will be tracking you too.

Comment

Working...
                                X