This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    Keepmoat Homes (nee Haslam) are such an incompetent set of arseholes. It’s almost two years since we bought this place and there’s still various things need doing on the basic build quality.

One of which is the garden. The front garden sags into a trench that had to be dug to re-do the drainage. They’ve relaid this three times already, yet it still sags.

The back garden has always been a shocker. Dig down a few inches and it’s a load of rubbish underneath. Standard. But the grass surface itself is uneven and full of bumps, pits and troughs. You’d do your ankle on it if you weren’t careful. First time I cut it, it took 4 hours. It’s appalling.

Keepmoat examined the complaints about the garden. Did they send out an independent surveyor? Nope. They sent out... the contractors who did the job in the first place.

Did they find anything wrong? Of course not.

That can’t be right. Absolute cowboys.
    Yeah so many new build homes in the past few years haven't been built to a decent standard, your only course of action sounds like getting lawyers involved. Keepmoat Homes complaints seems to be a popular search term, sorry to hear that Prinny. Might want to get your own surveyor in to look at the place and talking to a group like shelter to see what your legal position is.

Must admit one irk for me is as I get older, I've run into quite a few people from when I was younger, often you find there life hasn't gone the way them planned. I've become a lot more active in politics as I become older and want to do more to help. Last few years, I've been talking to people all over Norwich and it's clear to me the current councils both City and County, just aren't up to the job. Certainly nepotism going on, vested interests, helping out mates and some other stuff that just doesn't look very above board.

I'd really like to see some change for the better of the whole city, but the question is taking it apart to rebuild it. Many of the current councillors are in trench and backed up by their cronies. It irks me the current system doesn't really question the actions of councils that well.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
      Yeah so many new build homes in the past few years haven't been built to a decent standard, your only course of action sounds like getting lawyers involved. Keepmoat Homes complaints seems to be a popular search term, sorry to hear that Prinny. Might want to get your own surveyor in to look at the place and talking to a group like shelter to see what your legal position is.

Must admit one irk for me is as I get older, I've run into quite a few people from when I was younger, often you find there life hasn't gone the way them planned. I've become a lot more active in politics as I become older and want to do more to help. Last few years, I've been talking to people all over Norwich and it's clear to me the current councils both City and County, just aren't up to the job. Certainly nepotism going on, vested interests, helping out mates and some other stuff that just doesn't look very above board.

I'd really like to see some change for the better of the whole city, but the question is taking it apart to rebuild it. Many of the current councillors are in trench and backed up by their cronies. It irks me the current system doesn't really question the actions of councils that well.
      If you want to make a difference in the world, or even local councils, then you need power, or you need to matter to the people that have power enough to bend them.

Otherwise, anything you say or do won’t matter.

Thems your options 🤷
      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 04-08-2019, 09:37.

Comment

When people you thought were cool are not.

I know this guy (I'll call him Dick for the purpose of this story) who renovated an old house just down the lane from me. I pass his place often and regularly stop to talk to him and his wife who I get on really well with. Even though I don't consider him a friend, he always seemed pretty decent, straightforward and together.

I went to see a friend today and apparently, this morning, while he was walking his dog past Dick's house, a fight ensued between his dog and a dog owned by someone staying with Dick. On hearing the commotion, Dick runs over and kicks my friend's dog, my friend tells Dick do that again and I'll knock you out, a big argument breaks out and many words are exchanged but eventually my friend walks away. Half an hour later my friend finds dog poo smeared on his front door and is convinced it was Dick's work. As luck would have it, on my way home I passed Dick in his garden and asked him whether he'd smeared dog poo on my friend's door and he admitted it, was even proud of the fact. What a dick. .

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
          What a dick
          ...said Buddha as he took a blade of grass in his hand and let it go into the wind. The men of the village all nodded in understanding and sought not to trample the grass but to become it.

Beautiful.

Comment

Hahahah

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post

We are getting some advice off the solicitor and have the Consumer Code application form to fill in about their crap pre and after sales service. It shouldn’t need to come to this. The woman they’d hired to deal with complaints - our point of contact for the last few occasions - has resigned after two months in the job. Sums it up!

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                We are getting some advice off the solicitor and have the Consumer Code application form to fill in about their crap pre and after sales service. It shouldn’t need to come to this. The woman they’d hired to deal with complaints - our point of contact for the last few occasions - has resigned after two months in the job. Sums it up!
                I hope you get somewhere with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  ...said Buddha as he took a blade of grass in his hand and let it go into the wind. The men of the village all nodded in understanding and sought not to trample the grass but to become it.

Beautiful.
                  Gold 😁

Comment

Hope you get things sorted prinny

I won’t buy a house built any more recently than the 80s basically because they seem to have forgotten how. It’s like how we don’t know how the Egyptians built pyramids.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                      Half an hour later my friend finds dog poo smeared on his front door and is convinced it was Dick's work. As luck would have it, on my way home I passed Dick in his garden and asked him whether he'd smeared dog poo on my friend's door and he admitted it, was even proud of the fact. What a dick. .
                      Just think, if he'd tried to open that door, he'd have literally been cack-handed...

Hey, anyway, I think I know that bloke..."Sh*tty Dick" we call him. Always smearing excrement on doors and ledges.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        Hope you get things sorted prinny

I won’t buy a house built any more recently than the 80s basically because they seem to have forgotten how. It’s like how we don’t know how the Egyptians built pyramids.
                        There's no "forgotten how to do it", it's all profit related. That's why you can get 4 bedroom homes that are on a plot of what used to be terraced house plot back in the 30s and 40s. Couldn't swing a silverfish, let alone a cat!

My old place in the sarf-Landahn suburbs was built in 84-85 and the thermal block they used for inner walls is like polystyrene. Stick a size 6 drill into it you end up with a size 12 hole!

Having said that I live in Denmark now and they have a propensity to use wood for almost everything... which looks nice, but it's a low-lying wetland and so we're transported back to 1970s Britain, having to re-paint the wood every two or three years... What's it like in Norway, [MENTION=324]capcom_suicide[/MENTION]?
                        Last edited by gunrock; 04-08-2019, 11:31.

Comment

70s is where it’s at. I couldn’t get my girlfriend to consider a house built in 1840 because it was too old. It’s been up for 180 years, it’s probably fine lol

Comment

70s is where it’s at. I couldn’t get my girlfriend to consider a house built in 1840 because it was too old. It’s been up for 180 years, it’s probably fine lol
                            They were built differently back then. My previous house was almost 100 years old and every wall was solid brick. Built to last but a bugger to hang pictures.

Comment

Ours is an 1895 mid terraced. Had some works done as part of a Euro grant for deprived area regeneration about fifteen years ago and they discovered ours and the next two houses down had a tiny bit of subsidence, council didn't want to take the risk and put a new outer wall on the back for free. Our neighbours the other side who we are good friends with were royally pissed off though because they didn't get the new back wall.

Aside from that no problems at all, lovely warm and dry with nice 2.7m ceilings, horse hair still in the main plaster (not the outer skin) and solid brick everywhere else. Wouldn't have a new build if you threw one at me, my dad was a brickie and even in the 80's said that new houses were crap (Barratt's etc) in comparison to the ones he was building in the 40's onwards.

Before this place lived in two 80's developments and he was right. ceilings about six foot and damp magnets - avoid.

Comment

Yeah 80s builds you have to check who the builder was. Around here Robert Hitchens are fine, Bovis not so much (so I’m told).

Comment

Working...
                                X