Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in a flat in a 70s council building. I wouldn’t say I have no complaints, but it’s way more spacious than any of the new build flats in the area. Generous room sizes built for living rather than profit maximisation.

Comment

I once rented a barrets new build semi. Utter pile of ****. The walls were paper thin, even the external walls. And the worst thing was when the neighbours walked around upstairs OUR ceiling flexed!

Comment

I remember as a kid seeing a new build going up and seeing that they were breezeblock with a kind of brick cladding tiles on top.

Comment

I'd have a Victorian build any day of the week. I worked on building sites years ago, and also was involved with a building project a while back. The trouble these days is that everything is costed down to the last wall socket, bit of wire, last board etc. They are just chucked up with the bare minimum. I remember years ago, we had a woman coming to move into her house at like 2pm. At 8am, she had no front garden, the drains were full of rubble etc etc. Cue a massive rush on, of various people, gardeners, builders etc. The junior foreman appeared and went right you lot fook off, and her van just turned the corner into the street. Had she walked behind her garden back wall, there was about 20 builders all in a row.

I remember it well, because the Junior foreman, had a go at this smokey auld cleaner, saying howa! we got a rush on here, she took a slow draw of her tab, and went Ah didnah get paid enough to get a rush on, now push off! He was also the only person I've ever seen my Dad swear at. The woman in the house, had asked us to leave a pile of rocks and soil in the back garden for a rockery. He came storming round going whats all that fookin ****e in the back yard. And my Dad was like its for a rockery, to keep your fooking customers happy. And he stormed off lol.

Comment

New builds near my girlfriend’s parents back onto a lovely field and trees. The walls that back onto that field have zero windows. The walls facing the other houses a few metres away have all the windows in them. Absolutely disgusting. Can’t believe people bought them. No thought gone into the site whatsoever.

Comment

Mines a 1958 build, end terrace. Solid brick walls with decent cavity insulation in them. We spent upwards of 15k before we move in on a full electrics rewire, and full central heating done, but that’s all done and just decoration, cosmetics, at our pace.

Lovely view of Hadliegh castle and the downs from the top bedrooms, good breeze front and back when it’s warm, warm in winter.

I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                I remember it well, because the Junior foreman, had a go at this smokey auld cleaner, saying howa! we got a rush on here, she took a slow draw of her tab, and went Ah didnah get paid enough to get a rush on, now push off! He was also the only person I've ever seen my Dad swear at. The woman in the house, had asked us to leave a pile of rocks and soil in the back garden for a rockery. He came storming round going whats all that fookin ****e in the back yard. And my Dad was like its for a rockery, to keep your fooking customers happy. And he stormed off lol.
                I ran this through Google Translate, but it just ground to a halt and fell over.

Comment

I was in the Metro Centre in Newcastle, having a drink with some mates and a gentleman drew hither with a child in a perambulator and entreated us:
                  Man: "Do they do scran for the bairn?"
                  Me: "I'm sorry?!"
                  Friend: "Yes, they do food for kids here."
                  Man: "Cheers, man!"

That was an education, right there.

Comment

Eshep es wee great, eh?

Comment

What a SOUTHERN GIMP you really are, Chumpy.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                        What a SOUTHERN GIMP you really are, Chumpy.
                        It was a tough learning-curve having to live in the North-East for a stint.
                        It's not comfortable living in a hole in the road.

Comment

Chimpy chower lives at Parkside Avenue now

Comment

In English, please

Comment

"...but...I live at Parkside Avenue!"

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                I was in the Metro Centre in Newcastle, having a drink with some mates and a gentleman drew hither with a child in a perambulator and entreated us:
                                Friend: "Yes, they do food for kids here."
                                Man: "Cheers, man!"

That was an education, right there.
                                Northerners are still alowed to breed??? 🤔

Comment

Working...
                                X