Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supe's uncle. Seen it too many times...My heart goes out to his nan.

Comment

I'm a bit sad. I had been contacted about working on a music video a while back. Couldn't do it due to a scheduling conflict. Track was announced today and it turns out a collaboration with my favourite group. I could have worked with them. But I didn't and those opportunities don't come around again. It's just work and it would have been so removed that it's not like we would have had direct contact or anything. But still, it makes me a bit sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
        Supe's uncle. Seen it too many times...My heart goes out to his nan.
        Agreed. It's one thing to be self-destructive but taking down those who love you and who depend on you is horrible.

Comment

Paper shredder is jammed. There is no way to un-jam/open the fecker. Urgh!

Comment

Oh yes there is, I think you'll find it's called a hammer.

Comment

I'm no DIY expert, but I also find a hammer useful in a wide range of situations. Recently, our ****ty printer decided to get jammed to **** right when I urgently needed it. Some very loud swearing and chucking it in the yard to smash its bollocks in fixed the problem in a most satisfactory manner.

Comment

From personal experience I find a dental probe very handy in a paper shredder jam situation (unplugged of course!)

Doesn't cure the paper jam but helps pick the crap out. Had a bad day of it on a quiet surgery day at my first practice.
                Cause of jam? Pound coin.

My gripe of the day. Cleaning day in my surgery, which, every time this is the case, I have had to cover someones shift last minute.
                I came in late as I did overtime this week already and managed 2 hours worth before lunch. After lunch I pulled 2/3 of all the cupboards contents out making the place look like a bombsite only to be told I had to go to another practice to cover them as one of the nurses had "done a runner".
                Managed to throw everything back into cupboards which probably look worse now and rushed off to help the poor abandoned dentist who had no one to help him 2 miles away.

We currently have a bonus scheme to improve 6 aspects of the practice, from reviews and spending to spot checks of the surgeries. Because my surgery is used by more than one person (I mainly work with a dentist Tues-Thurs in that room with annoying one occasionally on Mondays ). When I come back on a Tuesday often things are not where they should be, stock/ instruments are gone and occasionally something has not been cleaned properly to the point I feel I have to start from scratch.

The fact I have not had, most of the time, a monthly clean up, for maybe 4 months, I have been spending so much extra time checking stuff more often than I need to to make up for it. I am scared that my room (which is also one of the smallest and does not have a large storage cupboard) is going to bring everyone's percentage down if it is checked a day I have not been in/ had an extra sort out in. I'm pretty confident my room is always left clean, but things like dusting above the lamps/ cupboards and clutter build up super quick and these are the annoying jobs that pile up.

Not a huge annoyance but its nagging. It would be nice if I got recognised for doing extra cover for people but I don't much because there is usually someone who one-ups me and gets employee of the month (usually goes to someone who comes in on their days off/ sick. My only one was from when I was full of flu and it was just before Christmas so we were short staffed)

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                  I'm no DIY expert, but I also find a hammer useful in a wide range of situations. Recently, our ****ty printer decided to get jammed to **** right when I urgently needed it. Some very loud swearing and chucking it in the yard to smash its bollocks in fixed the problem in a most satisfactory manner.
                  Thankfully it’s not just me then... I share in your satisfaction at smashing the crap out of an inanimate object that’s right pissed you off.

Comment

I'm generally not a very angry person, or at least I don't lose my temper very often. But the printer pushed me too far that morning. If it had been a person, I'd be doing life.

I never got the paper out of the stupid bastard thing either. Sucked in a whole load of it. I'm getting worked up just thinking about it now.

Comment

I remember a gif doing the rounds many moons ago of a bloke in an office losing it with his computer and proper launching into it. I'm laughing just thinking about it. It was hilarious: the trying to keep it contained ... then boom

Comment

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Wife is angry at me because parent-teacher interviews were busy and I didn't answer my phone.

Comment

[MENTION=368]Mayhem[/MENTION] ... haha, that's the one

Comment

All this stuff with 'Sir' Philip Greene. When will we realize that all these CEOs and high-flying money makers we throw OBEs at are all wankers?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                All this stuff with 'Sir' Philip Greene. When will we realize that all these CEOs and high-flying money makers we throw OBEs at are all wankers?
                                Never?

Comment

Working...
                                X