This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    We've been looking for a new house as where we are is too small.

Viewed a place yesterday and it's fantastic - dated interior but that gives me a canvas to work with.

Found out that a colleague of my Mum has also viewed it and is in a better financial position than us so we'll probably not get it.
    Go and meet mum at work and say hello to her colleague. Make up a story about winning the lottery. Wear a big fur coat, smoke a massive cigar and wear a tasteless gold chain. My advice is always free teddy.

Comment

The bull**** we had with the trains this morning. You can imagine how [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] felt about it.

Comment

Bakerloo line. Oxford Circus. Everyone transforms into a steaming pile of ****.

No one lets people off the bloody train and every prick tries pushing in from the sides. Twats. Same deal on escalators.

Whenever I travel abroad, I sing the British people's praises for their respect of a queue. Never again.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
          Bakerloo line. Oxford Circus. Everyone transforms into a steaming pile of ****.

No one lets people off the bloody train and every prick tries pushing in from the sides. Twats. Same deal on escalators.

Whenever I travel abroad, I sing the British people's praises for their respect of a queue. Never again.
          That's just London/Big city living. I moved from Birmingham for the same reasons. I remember last year at Chrismas time literally bouncing off people like I was in a mosh-pit, I knew then it was time to move.

Comment

I can't find the potato peeler.

Comment

Apples prices on basically everything. I mean they are living in total and utter lala land if they think the iPad Pro is with $1000 for the basic model.

You can get a much more powerful laptop for actual work, with a decent keyboard, graphics card for gaming, for HALF that, HALF!

Insane.

Comment

Just check out the new Mini, the RAM and SSD prices are even more insulting than normal, and it’s using integrated HD630 graphics. It’s absolutely laughable compared to the latest Intel Hades Canyon NUC.

Comment

They're lifestyle accessories, simple as that. People will pay whatever they ask.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    They're lifestyle accessories, simple as that. People will pay whatever they ask.
                    They're also trading on something which used to mean something but these days, well, doesn't.

Apple's laptops back in the 2000s were overly expensive, but that came with one redeeming feature; they were solid as a rock. [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION] has an iBook from that era; one of the last plastic ones. It's been through years of use and more years of storage, but if you hold it today, it honestly feels like a brick. It doesn't rattle, it doesn't flex... You wouldn't convince anyone that it was new but you can be certain it'll still run.

They actually used to be a mark of quality, and their aftermarket support was included in the price. These days neither of those things remain to be the case.

I still love their phones, despite a few gripes... But then I got my iPhone 5s for £120. I can't imagine paying more for a phone.

Comment

Don't know what their laptops are like now, but my Macbook Pro is nearly 9 years old now and is still perfect. Best computer I've ever had, I dread having to change it. In that same time though I've went through three very expensive Lenovo laptops for work.

Comment

I had an ibook g4 and powerbook ti, and the build quality and reliabilty of both was total crap. I could strip the ibook down like a rifle, full metal jacket style, it had that many repairs to it. Best apple comp I had was a G4 gigabit ethernet with dual 500 mhz cpus, the G5 I got after never came close to it. Not had Apple comps since, way overpriced since they moved to intel.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          Don't know what their laptops are like now, but my Macbook Pro is nearly 9 years old now and is still perfect. Best computer I've ever had, I dread having to change it. In that same time though I've went through three very expensive Lenovo laptops for work.
                          I've never known a PC laptop that didn't rattle within a month of buying it.

I suspect one of the very high-end models like those by Razer might be good, but that's of comparable price to Apple's stuff anyway.

Comment

Razer anything is garbage.

Comment

I think PC laptops are a minefield.

I got an X1 Carbon last year and it has such silly niggles considering the price. If I type too quickly the keyboard gets stuck, and the trackpad is utter wank. It maxed out my budget at just over £1000. My colleague bought an HP Envy which looks nice, has a decent keyboard, lovely trackpad, built-in privacy screen(goes white after a narrow angle) but it doesn’t do things like DisplayPort over thunderbolt so he has to use USB-C converters.

I wouldn’t buy a Mac for work but they’re so much less hassle to spec if you have the money. PC laptops are becoming increasingly difficult to upgrade, too.

Comment

Double post, y’all

Comment

Working...
                                X