Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy an auto, saves the grief. I speak from understanding and experience of your irk.

Comment

Sinusitis. Never ill, so out of practice. Feeling like I've been punched in the face. Nose, teeth, jaw, forehead all hurt.

Comment

My old Impreza was 4k rpm at 70mph in top Stupid gearbox

Comment

My sister's love life.

Her fiance ( lovely girl, at least I thought so...) broke off their engagement/ quick wedding planned in Florida last week as my sis was there for work and her fiance in South Africa was due to meet her, cancelling a week beforehand. My sister was obviously upset but is a tough cookie who made other plans whilst in Florida aside from work.

Looked at her status on Facebook yesterday morning to see if she had got back to the UK yet (main source of finding out what's going on in her life as we rarely talk unless visiting) and she is in South Africa posting photos of penguins. My mum has no idea what's going on apart from my sister's boss paid for her ticket to get there. Lord knows if she is meeting up with her ex/fiance and somehow blagged a ticket home if she is intending to ever come home.

2 weeks ago I was looking at wedding/ couple Christmas gifts to get them both, then threw those ideas away ready to be supportive and bad mouth her ex when I got to see her next, now, I just don't ever know what to say to her anymore. Main thing is I want her to be happy, I just cant keep up with what's what now!
          Last edited by Blobcat; 18-11-2018, 13:52.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            Sinusitis. Never ill, so out of practice. Feeling like I've been punched in the face. Nose, teeth, jaw, forehead all hurt.
            Your ex got your immune system AND your Wii cables in the divorce? Rough.

Comment

Colds. I'm a mess.

Comment

I've plugged in our mini heater under my desk as the corner of the room I sit at is the coldest part of the room.
                I now can't leave it, everywhere else in the house feels cold compared to it!

Also discovered a hole broken in our bedroom window, almost like a bullet hole. We had stormy weather the other week that brought down our neighbour's trellis that sat against the wall 90 degrees to our window, wedging it almost against it. As our bedroom window looks directly into their garden we keep the curtains closed mostly so when I opened them today seeing from afar they had fixed the trellis, found some broken glass and a small whistle hole which must have come from when it fell or moving it from the window.

Contacted the landlady but for the time being duct tape will have to do.

Comment

Yesterday we visited an insurance broker to sort out medical insurance, life insurance and a pension-like thing for me.

We got there at 4 pm and it lasted 5.5 hours.

FIVE AND A HALF HOURS.

I was exhausted after that. And what's worse, the pension company didn't have an online system like the other two so I had to hand-write the application including stuff about my recent medical exams/blood tests/etc. Of course, being Japan, my wife wasn't allowed to write anything for me. It had to be by my own gaijin hand. I was going cross-eyed at all the kanjis, made a few mistakes and needed to start over at one point. I was so close to giving up and rescheduling for later on in the week. Also, my full name is too long for their systems which required many phone calls back and forth.

Because the whole session was in Japanese, my brain had to remain engaged the entire time which drained me even more.

We were concentrating so much that we didn't even stand up and stretch our legs until around 9pm. We went straight to the gym after that and then I got McD's for dinner because damnit I deserved a treat.

I had to work on Saturday, too, but listening to various game soundtracks and Chemical Brothers while re-cabling servers on my jacks was ruddy good fun.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                    Yesterday we visited an insurance broker to sort out medical insurance, life insurance and a pension-like thing for me.

We got there at 4 pm and it lasted 5.5 hours.

FIVE AND A HALF HOURS.

I was exhausted after that. And what's worse, the pension company didn't have an online system like the other two so I had to hand-write the application including stuff about my recent medical exams/blood tests/etc. Of course, being Japan, my wife wasn't allowed to write anything for me. It had to be by my own gaijin hand. I was going cross-eyed at all the kanjis, made a few mistakes and needed to start over at one point. I was so close to giving up and rescheduling for later on in the week. Also, my full name is too long for their systems which required many phone calls back and forth.

Because the whole session was in Japanese, my brain had to remain engaged the entire time which drained me even more.

We were concentrating so much that we didn't even stand up and stretch our legs until around 9pm. We went straight to the gym after that and then I got McD's for dinner because damnit I deserved a treat.

I had to work on Saturday, too, but listening to various game soundtracks and Chemical Brothers while re-cabling servers on my jacks was ruddy good fun.
                    Sounds like a horrendous ordeal.

Comment

I toyed with putting this in the 'puzzled' thread, but the fact a product like this exists pissed me off immensely. Which muppet thought this was a good idea? Massively wasteful.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
                        I toyed with putting this in the 'puzzled' thread, but the fact a product like this exists pissed me off immensely. Which muppet thought this was a good idea? Massively wasteful.

I made a complaint to Morrison’s when i first saw these appear. Disgusting.

Comment

^ Agreed. Makes me think that the human extinction scenarios people were protesting about the other day in London might actually be for the best.

Comment

Wow! What the actual F? So once used we just throw them in a landfill with our single use disposable lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              Wow! What the actual F? So once used we just throw them in a landfill with our single use disposable lives.
                              Yup, and in the case of the one hes reviewing, taking apart, its the exact same lithium ion battery (more of less) that's in the new ish nokia feature phones.

No guesses as to why the ice caps are melting

Comment

Major irk: cars. I really resent how much they cost and that they are just a fire that we seem to throw money in to. Apparently some control box for the gears is dying and will cost over 10% of what we paid for the car to fix. That strikes me as insanity. Even just regular running costs with petrol, tax and insurance along with the depreciation in value just makes no sense to me. We should all be on skateboards or bikes or something instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X