This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Major irk: cars. I really resent how much they cost and that they are just a fire that we seem to throw money in to. Apparently some control box for the gears is dying and will cost over 10% of what we paid for the car to fix. That strikes me as insanity. Even just regular running costs with petrol, tax and insurance along with the depreciation in value just makes no sense to me. We should all be on skateboards or bikes or something instead.
    Just think how well everyone would get to know each other if we all skated to work.

Comment

It's the only way to truly know someone.

Comment

Major irk: cars. I really resent how much they cost and that they are just a fire that we seem to throw money in to. Apparently some control box for the gears is dying and will cost over 10% of what we paid for the car to fix. That strikes me as insanity. Even just regular running costs with petrol, tax and insurance along with the depreciation in value just makes no sense to me. We should all be on skateboards or bikes or something instead.
        Is it a newish German car?

Comment

It’s got DSG written arl ower it

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Is it a newish German car?
            It's a five year old Volvo. Why do you ask?

Comment

Maybe not

Comment

It's a five year old Volvo. Why do you ask?
                Just seems like German cars are designed to break now days as they’ve realised there’s more money to be made from repairs than selling reliable cars.

Comment

Well the repair costs on the Volvo seem bananas.

Comment

Get the spanners out and do it yersel!

Comment

Ha! That would be a disaster.

Comment

It really shouldn't irk me but at work people heat up their food in the microwave and always, always stop the machine with 2-5 seconds left on the timer. Why? Why not just let it finish. No reason at all it bothers me but I feel compelled to reset the clock and I can't understand how they've benefitted by manually stopping the cooker that close to the end of the timer.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          It really shouldn't irk me but at work people heat up their food in the microwave and always, always stop the machine with 2-5 seconds left on the timer. Why? Why not just let it finish. No reason at all it bothers me but I feel compelled to reset the clock and I can't understand how they've benefitted by manually stopping the cooker that close to the end of the timer.
                          Glad it's not just me that resets the clock.

Comment

Toenails.

I just hate them. I’m sure they do a job and y’all, but they’re just vile. I hate having to cut them. Like, really hate it. They seem to grow really quickly and scythe their way through your socks until you’re forced to take action.

I’ve got a bad back so cutting them is really uncomfortable and awkward. They’re miles away from my arms, which makes cutting them painful and annoying. They also seem to be harder than diamonds. The skin under my toenails is hyper sensitive, too, which means that when the scissors or clippers run against them, I wince.

Hate the little bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                              Just think how well everyone would get to know each other if we all skated to work.
                              Legendary level post. Thanks for the smiles.

Comment

The Body Shop.

In my teens this was a go-to place to get the odd treat smelly bath stuff and for gifts for friends (in my tweens it was the fruit of the forest stuff from Woolworths.) I go there on occasion now and then but mainly I look to get stuff from there at Christmas. Every year they used to do a range of cranberry toiletries and my best friend and I would get each other something small from the range at least like a bar of soap or (my favorite) the hand cream.

As the years have gone by, they either don't do a cranberry range at all or very limited range of products (one year it was 'frosted cranberry' just to be confusing) When its not there I then I look for sets of the other Christmas favorite, Satsuma, they NEVER have anything in apart from soap and shower gel!

****ing loads of MANGO but no, super popular at Christmas, Satsuma. I asked if they were sold out as its Christmas and she was just like no we don't do Satsuma sets, but everything else!

EVERY year this happens that I decide I'm going to spend more than I'd like in that shop and they NEVER have what I want. The bloke loves the satsuma body scrub but they don't seem to do that anymore so I'll have to look for something else. ARSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X