This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    It really shouldn't irk me but at work people heat up their food in the microwave and always, always stop the machine with 2-5 seconds left on the timer. Why? Why not just let it finish. No reason at all it bothers me but I feel compelled to reset the clock and I can't understand how they've benefitted by manually stopping the cooker that close to the end of the timer.
    I did this for the first time ever last night. I heated up some mulled wine in a mug using the automatic mug warming program. It was a tad too warm, so the next time I went back for a refill I used the same program but aborted 12 seconds before the end. Then I got a handjob.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      I did this for the first time ever last night. I heated up some mulled wine in a mug using the automatic mug warming program. It was a tad too warm, so the next time I went back for a refill I used the same program but aborted 12 seconds before the end. Then I got a handjob.
      I have heard stories about the things sailors would do for a mulled wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        It really shouldn't irk me but at work people heat up their food in the microwave and always, always stop the machine with 2-5 seconds left on the timer. Why? Why not just let it finish. No reason at all it bothers me but I feel compelled to reset the clock and I can't understand how they've benefitted by manually stopping the cooker that close to the end of the timer.
        I do this. Only because the "beep beep beep" at the end is annoying.

Comment

That too. Subliminally I think that might be why everyone does it.

Comment

Drivers who don’t acknowledge courtesy when it’s safe to do so (just lobbing that caveat in).

If I sacrifice my right of way for your benefit, it’s just showing some respect to acknowledge it. It’s basic manners. If you don’t, you’re an arsehole.

If it’s your right of way anyway, but you can see I’ve been snarled up behind some parked car and have to wait until you pass so I can use your side of the road, then of course you don’t have to acknowledge it, but it’s a pleasantry. A courtesy. A way to make the irritating situation better. If you don’t, then you’re less of an arsehole than the other person, but still a self-centred git.

Comment

Recently I’ve been trying to calm down when people aren’t courteous or don’t follow the rules.

Unless I’m in a position to actually say something meaningful/tell them what they did wrong and why they’re a twat, I force myself to ignore it. Most of the time it just eats at me while they just carry on with their day.

I mentally say ‘touché’, give them the gun fingers and move on.

Comment

Things like that used to bug me but I can't really do a thing with thanks. It can't feed my kids or heat my house. And I think going in expecting it in most situations will lead to disappointment so I stopped expecting it. It started years ago in work situations but then spread to pretty much everything. I give thanks freely and it's nice when I get it but it's never a factor in why I do anything and I don't expect it.

Comment

Life has beaten you down, Dogg. By default, have a pessimistic view of the human condition.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                    Life has beaten you down, Dogg. By default, have a pessimistic view of the human condition.
                    I didn't actually see it that way but you're kind of right. You're right in terms of how I got there but I think it may have led to a more positive thing - I do decent things for people because they are the right or kind or just nice things to do and I don't do it for thanks and that seems to work for me. No, that's not sounding all that much more positive... there was a positive something in there somewhere, honest.

Comment

The small close where my factory’s located is now getting rather crowded due to all the units being rented out. 2 of the units are mechanics and they have f*****g cars everywhere. I’m in manufacturing so need everything clear all the time for the forklift, loading, unloading deliveries & loading all the days orders into the currier vans.

The mechanics customers seem to think everything is free game parking wise, so I’ve taken to informing them very loudly that they “could” leave their cars blocking my unit, but i will remove it with the forklift and dump it out in the road.

Hahahahaha, their faces. I’ll do it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        The small close where my factory’s located is now getting rather crowded due to all the units being rented out. 2 of the units are mechanics and they have f*****g cars everywhere. I’m in manufacturing so need everything clear all the time for the forklift, loading, unloading deliveries & loading all the days orders into the currier vans.

The mechanics customers seem to think everything is free game parking wise, so I’ve taken to informing them very loudly that they “could” leave their cars blocking my unit, but i will remove it with the forklift and dump it out in the road.

Comment

Don't get me started on cars...

Had an incident on the way home tonight which shook me so up with stress, anger and even fear, I had a panic attack crying and trying to breathe properly trying to get home in horrible one way traffic. I beeped at a guy who put it simply cut me off nearly hitting my car wedging his in a gap I was not letting him in was 100% in the wrong and he got out of his car and passively aggressively told me how he was right and I was the one who should apologise for beeping at him as "there was no need for that". I never beep unless I have a reason. Guy would not get off my case and [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] told him to basically f-off and was a moment from getting out the car himself when the guy realised he was still blocking traffic (again) when the light was green. The relief hit me hard then I kinda broke and realised how tense and stressed the whole thing made me.

Don't know what I would have done without [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                            Don't get me started on cars...

Had an incident on the way home tonight which shook me so up with stress, anger and even fear, I had a panic attack crying and trying to breathe properly trying to get home in horrible one way traffic. I beeped at a guy who put it simply cut me off nearly hitting my car wedging his in a gap I was not letting him in was 100% in the wrong and he got out of his car and passively aggressively told me how he was right and I was the one who should apologise for beeping at him as "there was no need for that". I never beep unless I have a reason. Guy would not get off my case and @Asura told him to basically f-off and was a moment from getting out the car himself when the guy realised he was still blocking traffic (again) when the light was green. The relief hit me hard then I kinda broke and realised how tense and stressed the whole thing made me.

Don't know what I would have done without @Asura there.
                            What was funny was when he tried to justify it.

"I didn't know how to get behind you" he says.

I shouted back "The general technique, mate, is you wait for someone to past you and then you go behind them."

That was the point he started mouthing off and I told him to get back in his f--king car.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              What was funny was when he tried to justify it.

"I didn't know how to get behind you" he says.

I shouted back "The general technique, mate, is you wait for someone to past you and then you go behind them."

That was the point he started mouthing off and I told him to get back in his f--king car.
                              A guy (scrawny little turd) did this to my other half while I was in the car. Same situation, tried to cut her up in traffic when he was in the wrong, she slammed the breaks on and tooted him, he started shouting at her and then got out the car, big man who gets out his car shouting at a woman.

He obviously didn’t see me in the car as he started walking towards the drivers window and I jumped out the car and ran at him, he s**t his pants and ran back in his car and locked all the doors. He sat there looking straight ahead trying to drive no where as I’m telling him to get out the car a face a man instead of going after a woman, come on boy what’s the matter lost your bottle now? He was practically see through he went so white.

I really don’t know where people get off thinking they can confront a woman and try and intimidate them when it’s THEM in the wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

The "two pronged valet" will help them relocate their vehicles.

I basically had to sit and spray my windscreen every 2 minutes while driving today. The snow on the road is basically gone but left behind dirty water which gets kicked up by anyone who doesn't have splashguards (i.e. everyone but me). Somehow it was bad enough to dirty up the back window as well so I had that wiper going too!

Comment

Working...
                                X