Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car does automatic everything basically. Push had on the brake pedal and it basically goes into park, headlights dip automatically and usually earlier than I’d dip them myself even (seems like magic how it knows) and my rear view and side mirrors have some sort of lcd coating that dims them if someone with glaring headlights shows up behind me. So, not sure why I posted in the irk thread bat you were all talking headlights and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      my rear view and side mirrors have some sort of lcd coating that dims them if someone with glaring headlights shows up behind me
      Brad time traveller from 2035 confirmed

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        My dad's 2002 BMW did a similar thing but only with the rear view mirror. I doubt it was LCD but Brad's is probably like some recent aeroplanes I've been on that can dim the windows by pressing up/down buttons.

Comment

My GT86 did the rear view mirror by moving the mirror down - like you can do manually in most cars but my Merc puts a green tint on the mirrors somehow, including the wing mirrors. All good until I damage a wing mirror and have a £500 bill to replace it I guess!

Comment

My old mondeo had the auto dark rear view mirror.

Comment

Brad and his car:

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                Funny, because I remember a similar tech on Tomorrow's World in the 90s.

Comment

This is not a case of Brad being in the future but of you lot being in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                    This is not a case of Brad being in the future but of you lot being in the past.
                    Where I come from, Mario 64 is still cutting edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                      Where I come from, Mario 64 is still cutting edge.
                      Peckham?

Comment

I have been tweaking the potentiometer on this PS laser for a few days now. I really need an oscilloscope

Comment

Some bloke on Facebook who instead of giving correct advice to a friend, said she had an IT problem and just sent her an affiliate signup to something he said would solve her problem. I pointed out that she didn't actually have a problem at all and instead should just continue about her day. Unsure if this should be in irks or smiles. Both maybe.

His response: "As an IT consultant who’s been in the industry for more than 25 years, I’m well aware of all the....." etc. etc. plonker
                          Last edited by charlesr; 04-12-2018, 21:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            So I've just driven non stop for five hours down for work in the morning. Of that entire journey it only didn't absolutely piss down for about ten miles, that's the first irk.

Second irk, the amount of people on the road who have faulty lights but think the remedy for it is just firing full beam on to compensate. *****.

Third irk, people who somehow seem to have it in their head that you put your fog lights on in heavy rain. *****.

Fourth irk, modern headlights that even on standard setting are absolutely ****ing blinding, especially in bad visibility. *****.

Basically, *****.

4th irk is usually the twonks who have rolled that dial which points the headlights up for when the car has a whole bunch of people or a pile of brick in it.
                            Twonks

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              I have been tweaking the potentiometer on this PS laser for a few days now. I really need an oscilloscope
                              I can't think of time I didn't want one. Not really need...but still.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                                I can't think of time I didn't want one. Not really need...but still.
                                Same lol. Found out work get rid of their old ones on occasion so the guy who hears about it first has me at the top of his list (can't justify buying one at moment).

Comment

Working...
                                X