This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    That and the spelling mistakes in Tenable.

It is amateurish at times. They misspelt John Betjeman. And now the fish pollock is "pollack".

**** off.

**** off you ****in *****.
    Firstly, what is Tenable?

Secondly, highlighted in red, this has to be a spelling mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      Firstly, what is Tenable?
      It's those pants menopausal women wear in case they laugh too much and let a bit of wee out.

Comment

And now the fish pollock is "pollack".
        Both are correct, because they are two different fish. Similar to each other, it depends where in the oceans the fish in question has been caught.

We explain the difference between pollock and pollack fish, tell you where to find a sustainable source for pollock and give you recipes to try
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          Both are correct, because they are two different fish. Similar to each other, it depends where in the oceans the fish in question has been caught.

https://www.olivemagazine.com/guides...k-and-pollack/

That...

*ahem*

...is a load of pollocks.

(or pollacks)

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            I need to take all four of them out. All of them are developed (I was kinda lucky that I've never felt any pain) and one on the upper jaw is already fully out, but since the one below has to be taken out, it'll strike the jaw, so it's better to pull it out too. Today had the first two, then in January the rest.
            That's a good outcome, here the NHS is about cost savings so rather than go back sometime later in life to have the others out they do them in one go.

Anyway onto today, family dentist visit. I love going to the dentist and today we had a new one and she was great. Me and daughter were ok but wife needed a filling and she did a private one (white) for same price as NHS.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
              I had an Upper left wisdom tooth out for free as a leaving gift from my first practice
              Okay, there are leaving presents and then...well...couldn't they have bought you a gift card?

Comment

Work was the only aspect of my day that wasn't terrible.

-I put laundry in and for some reason it took longer than timed so it was not ready before I left so I could put in the dryer.

-I realised I should order my repeat prescription now as I may run out just after Christmas. There is an online service that was down yesterday but running this morning. I thought my email would work as my ID but it did not so had to reset that which worked surprisingly quickly. I DEFINATLY know my password but this failed and locked my account. Great. Called the practice, no answer. Will try and go at lunchtime.

-The plan was to leave earlier for work and get my tyres pumped for our long drive on Friday but as soon as I start driving there was a sudden downpour of rain. I start to think to postpone til after work late tonight but decide to do my tyres in the rain. Arrive just before the petrol station and the road is being dug up so temp traffic lights and huge queue. By the time I get to the petrol station the queue is blocking entry and I have to leave it to go to work.

-Run over working into lunch so have no time to dry washing or visit GP. Call them and then call pharmacy that MIGHT get it ready for Friday, which is too late as we are leaving around 7am. Oh well. No time to get lunch, just eat biscuits and feel like a loser.

-Got paid early so go to different petrol station and my bank card I used 10 minutes earlier in Tescos has disappeared. 10 minutes looking and I find it in-between the gear stick and my seat (my bag tipped over on the way). Pay for petrol but the air machine only takes 50p's. I specially brought change which....is no where to be found. I look everywhere and after giving up and getting to the car I remember I put it in the change draw in the car this morning. As soon as I get get the change I drop it on the way to the shop to change it to 50p. I'm ready to just give up on everything and walk home in the rain now.

Only got home about 10 minutes ago. Sorry for rant but I lost my **** in the car about 3 times this evening alone.
                Also the Tescos smelt like urine around half the store, it was almost vomit inducing!

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                  Also the Tescos smelt like urine around half the store, it was almost vomit inducing!
                  I've noticed this in a few supermarkets recently. What is up with that?!

Comment

Sorry you had such a crap day blobcat.

I've spent the last few days getting documents together for my mother in law's visa application.

They really don't make it easy....

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                      I've noticed this in a few supermarkets recently. What is up with that?!
                      Specifically, it smelt like urine infection wee. Working at a nursing home for 5 years made you pick up on smells like that.

It must have been something to do with the air conditioning. I honestly took my coat and bag off smelling them as the smell was so strong, no one made a comment and it seemed to follow me into the store up to the pizza stand. The fridges were ok then one of the food isles was super strong then Ieft the way I came past the kiosk where it started and smelt the worst to find the smell had gone.

The only bad smell (appart from a certain member of staff at a tescos I regularly visited years ago) you can usualy find is when milk smills and goes bad under the fridges. This smell was in the home section, the kiosk and a random food isle.

Comment

Apologies for my activities last night, I'd imbibed two 14% bottles of Hardys in a birthday frenesis.

And I'm always ready to stand corrected like that kid in the calipers at my old school. I will check that pollock link forthwith!

Not irked today, four days off, two more bottles of 14% Hardys and got three DS/3DS games from a chazza shop for 99p today, Sim City and Hamsterz on DS, Myst on 3DS, I don't even care if the latter is supposed to be crap, at 99p I can't complain, nice haul!

Comment

Myst on 3DS, I don't even care if the latter is supposed to be crap, at 99p I can't complain, nice haul!
                          I think I would have insisted on being paid more than 99p to take it off their hands.

Comment

Wondering about how your facebook opinions and posts are leading to amazon adds even if they are un linked and your using private browser windows? Wonder no more, theyve been swapping data for years and cross referencing you.

Comment

I’ve just accepted that as a consequence of using the internet honestly. It’s ****ty for sure but beyond our power to fix.

Comment

Indivision V2 flicker fixer arrived.
                                3 legs bent on arrival. Went to straighten them and they all snapped off (normally resilient to a few amount of bendage).
                                Managed to solder three legs back on, put in riser adapter and did a continuity test to make sure all ok and no cross-pollination etc. All looked good. Plugged it in and it works... until I have a few windows open and then graphical corruption.

Indivision's response is that I snapped the legs off, must be a hardware connectivity problem caused by me, send it back and they'll fix it at my expense. This I will do but I *know* that when it comes back it still won't work properly because that's not what the problem is. FFS!

Comment

Working...
                                X