Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left parents around 8.45 this morning About another 3 hours driving to go. Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      Ugh, me too. I'm just lucky the beard hides them.
      If only my face was the Play-Doh Barber Shop and I could fast-track a proper grizzler.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        If only my face was the Play-Doh Barber Shop and I could fast-track a proper grizzler.
        Use a Sharpie

Comment

It took just under 9 hours to get home

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
            Got a Barratt 'Retros' tub of sweets for Xmas. Seriously can't believe how badly they've mangled the Wham! bars n chews. Truly NOTHING like the original. The Fruit Salad and Black Jacks ain't too bad, more a tanginess issue (or lack of) plus slight texture discrepancies, all the chews seem to turn to a kinda chewy mush then a slightly waxy mushy chew when you get about 65-75% in.

That's not right. Not right, y'hear?
            I used to think this was just my imperfect memory, but a trip to Cadbury World a few years ago was an eye-opener:

CURLY WURLYS WERE MUCH BIGGER

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
              It took just under 9 hours to get home
              Ooooooof. That sucks.

Comment

I got a back and foot massage when I got home that almost made it worthwhile.

Seriously though one of the worst drives to or from my parents since I moved out 9 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  I used to think this was just my imperfect memory, but a trip to Cadbury World a few years ago was an eye-opener:

CURLY WURLYS WERE MUCH BIGGER
                  Don't ever doubt the memory when it comes to sweets. A sweet flavour or a vivid smell from the past hits my brain far more shockingly and lucidly than what the inner soul can muster.

There was one blissful moment when I had a Fruit Salad phat chew on the go and I popped in one of the little, old skool Black Jacks and it felt perfect, the first chewy molar-gnash of that waxy, solidy, lithe Black Jack, coupled with the soft peachy backtaste of the Fruit Salad...it took me back to 1986!!!!

Wow. Wowwowwow. For one brief, ecstatic moment I had been taken back in a time machine.

But then the Black Jack started chewing more mushy, the moment was ruined.

But for one, brief moment...

Comment

But that Wham! Aaaargh. TRULY awful. Really nothing like the orig at all.

I remember when they had JUST come out back in the day, my mum's boyfriend (Dave) had just got his dole and bought 30 10p bars and banged them in the fridge.

Me, my bro, Dave, we were all wowed. Tasting the first Wham!s was like discovering aliens actually exist then ending up having a spliff on the mothership. Even subsequent ones followed a similar recipe for many years, even if the portions shrank.

Nah. Nah. This is muck. Mucky mucky mucky, up the chuff with ya, fake Wham!s!!!

Comment

Makes me nearly tempted to try Parma violets to see if they still taste like a granny’s dusty pot porri bowl with dead spiders crushed into tablet form before soaked in lavender perfume. They may taste of something edible now rather than lavender flavoured rat poison.

Years of finding those bastards taking the place of fruit salads or nicer sweets in my lucky dip bags have made me lose trust in buying blind since I was a kid. I hate Parma violets and always will.

I dislike blackjacks but I can understand why people like them, I’m just not a big liquorice fan.

Comment

[MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]: why do you need the Indivision? You've got an A3000 right?

Comment

Is it too much to ask to get one motherboard that just functions correctly? **** sake.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                            [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]: why do you need the Indivision? You've got an A3000 right?
                            You already asked this and I answered mate!

Comment

But why male models?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                You already asked this and I answered mate!
                                Hah! Must have been drunk!

Comment

Working...
                                X