Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To tie in with my smile thread connected to my trip to rome, Wifes phone was stolen the last day and the amount of scammers and pushy sellers really got me annoyed

Comment

Cyclists who don't wear any protective gear and insist on weaving left and right in front of you.

Comment

Even though I'm in my mid-40s, and after a heavy, long term dose of Roaccutane a decade ago, I *still* get cystic acne. It never ceases to amaze me where it pops up.

Current blob is a Nigel Kennedy special about an inch below my right earlobe. It's only just swelling, it's about the size of a grape and hurts like fook. It'll be ready to pop in, I'd say (being an expert), about five days but I'm gonna have to walk around with this thing attached to my neck for the best part of a week.

It's not as bad as it was ten years back. Wow. It's really weird to think that when I was enthusing on here back in 2007 about PS2 OutRun 2 I had a hideous, acne-swollen visage that made me look like Citizen Toxie and hurt so bad and so constantly it made me wanna die.

I guess this is a drop in the ocean compared to *that*. But it's still a pain in the arse. Neck.

Comment

Remembering to bring the Switch to work... only to realise I left the controller at home.

Also, (not that use them) women's public bathrooms. The missus regularly informs me of the state of them and it sounds like something from Hostel half the time.

Comment

Mine complains about the ladies' bathrooms, too.

It may have been Boy Meets World but I remember an episode where the boys visit the ladies' bathroom for some reason. It was really nice and had a sofa, too. I held onto that fantasy until very recently. It was like when Monica told Chandler women don't have pillow fights all the time.

Comment

Every time it's a tale leaving you wonder how they end up in the state being described if not done intentionally which raises its own questions

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                Every time it's a tale leaving you wonder how they end up in the state being described if not done intentionally which raises its own questions
                It's a not-often-shared bit of knowledge among people like cleaners and female-wing prison wardens that, despite the reputation to the contrary, women's toilets tend to be far more troublesome to keep clean than men's, and that's down to the people who use them.

This is probably in part to how men often use urinals, which are probably simpler devices overall when it comes to plumbing, but that's not the only reason.

Comment

There's definitely a weird psychological angle as well. Too many tales of things... smeared... on the walls and such.

Comment

We need mixed bathrooms asap. I’m sure these messy women would ‘clean up’ their acts if sexy guys were hanging around. They’ve been relying on the separation to wreak cosmetic havoc on all manner of surfaces.

Comment

Lol [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION]

Comment

Is this the thread where we were talking about if Google is listening to you?

Have you ever met someone with a unique first name, and then all of a sudden you hear the name everywhere you turn? That's the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon at work. How did it get that handle?

Comment

Yep, we know of that. But I’d counter that with: Facebook and Google’s business model.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Is this the thread where we were talking about if Google is listening to you?

https://science.howstuffworks.com/li...phenomenon.htm
                            I don't know, but I remember the group from the seventies and how Lufthansa flights got special treatment at airports due to the security threat.

Comment

Found out that over the years Universal Studios Hollywood has progressively removed Back to the Future, ET, Backdraft, Jurassic Park etc

But they still have Water World

Water. World.

God damn it Universal.

Comment

Working...
                              X