Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly $250m raised already for Notre Dame's rebuild mostly from rich business men

Photos taken inside the 850-year-old Gothic masterpiece show blackened walls, holes in the roof and piles of charred debris

Still waiting for the Church to trip over itself to help though...

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      Nearly $250m raised already for Notre Dame's rebuild mostly from rich business men

Photos taken inside the 850-year-old Gothic masterpiece show blackened walls, holes in the roof and piles of charred debris

Still waiting for the Church to trip over itself to help though...
      Outside donations are what Jesus would want

Comment

He'd be too busy at the AA, two thousand years of turning water into wine...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I've heard they've drafted in a new Avenger:
          Purdey!

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
            Purdey!
            Ha, remember when the had to call it Avengers: Assemble in the UK because they were concerned people would get confused between this film and a television show that started in 1961?

Maybe it's payback for renaming "The Madness of King George III" without the III in America in case people avoided it because they'd never seen parts I and II.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Ha, remember when the had to call it Avengers: Assemble in the UK because they were concerned people would get confused between this film and a television show that started in 1961?

Maybe it's payback for renaming "The Madness of King George III" without the III in America in case people avoided it because they'd never seen parts I and II.
              I think it was because of that terrible late 90s The Avengers movie - the one where Sean Connery shoots up a meeting room filled with teddy bears. Other stuff probably happens too but that's the only part I recall.

Comment

I was mistakenly calling that move Avengers : Ensemble for ages

Comment

Right, this Extinction Rebellion lot.

Been in London on business for a couple of days, this morning waiting at Euston for my train to Picc a group of them talking really loudly so everyone else can hear, basically lording it over everyone then go and buy a load of coffees and teas in those one use plastic lined paper cups.

So they want to reduce climate change but don't give a **** about contributing to the plastic mountain.

Comment

First thought when I heard they had started blocking tube trains and traffic - Isn't that congestion going to cause more pollution?

It's the usual way though, they'll escalate and escalate their efforts over the next few weeks and by the time the months done they'll have undone all their progress by burning out politicians and public sympathy and patience

Comment

Yep, one of the team lives in London and apparently where they were/are camping they left loads of rubbish behind.

Comment

Wood for the trees, guys. This crowd staying at home and not using a plastic cup isn’t going to fix climate change any more than you not using a plastic straw will.

If you guys are busy enacting your own climate change plan, I’m all ears.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                          Right, this Extinction Rebellion lot.

Been in London on business for a couple of days, this morning waiting at Euston for my train to Picc a group of them talking really loudly so everyone else can hear, basically lording it over everyone then go and buy a load of coffees and teas in those one use plastic lined paper cups.

So they want to reduce climate change but don't give a **** about contributing to the plastic mountain.
                          Don’t forget about the flowers they go home and buy that we’re grown in Kenya, flown by air, driven to a factory, packed in plastic & boxes, driven to a shop, then they drive to a shop to buy them.

I’m sure there saving the cornerstone species as well to avoid ecological collapse too 😏

Comment

C'mon guys... People can complain about kids making trainers in Chinese sweatshops without having to resort to fashioning their own shoes.

Comment

I was JUST going to post that image!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                I was JUST going to post that image!
                                I actually removed it I was concerned it seemed overly argumentative. I like people here.

Comment

Working...
                                X