Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a very very personal preference and i know a lot of people do not like this.

In comics/movies/games/books etc I hate Ambiguity and open endings.....I like closure and everything wrapped up

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
      Unfortunately the individual tickets for the two Tottenham Stadium games sold out in minutes: https://twitter.com/NFLUK/status/1144238896244494337

Just resellers on Stubhub and the like charging 4x to 10x the ticket price.
      I was moaning to a mate about this the other day who works for a very large band, they are just as sick of fans being ripped off as we are of resellers.

I suggested banning resellers full stop, forever, on ticket sales, direct sales of tickets only with photo ID, one ticket per person and it’s locked to the person who bought it as their photo would be printed on the ticket.

They loved the idea, so if your one of those filthy little people creaming nicely off the middle but have done F all to earn it, I see your there, sittting on your ass profiting off others hard work, I see you.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        This is a very very personal preference and i know a lot of people do not like this.

In comics/movies/games/books etc I hate Ambiguity and open endings.....I like closure and everything wrapped up
        Would Firefly be so loved if it had gone on for ten seasons?

Would Lost be better if it was more streamlined?

I would definitely invest more time in shows with the desire to tell a story in a set time frame.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I wouldn't have ditched it, so it would've been better for me

I feel a story should have a beginning, a middle and an end - even if you don't present the story in that order. Like, it's okay to have mystery and thriller plots with ongoing threads that don't resolve themselves until a long time after, or perhaps don't resolve themselves directly but the creators have definitely written a solution themselves and incorporated that into the visual storytelling or similar.

I think that anyone can ask a question so outlandish that it has no good answer. That's easy. The skill comes in taking a high concept and delivering the payoff in a satisfying way.

Basically I hate "The Chris Carter Effect"; the TV show writing method of asking more and more questions, making it up as you go, with no established end goal in sight, with the aim of just keeping going and making as much money as possible from the mystery until everyone gets bored, people stop watching and you can just end the show quietly (hence the name, because The X Files was like that).

Comment

The X Files had a timeframe of five seasons. It was such a success that more were commissioned. It is why the end of the fifth season is called ‘The End’. I believe the film was supposed to wrap it up.

However, it most certainly was not a conclusion! I don’t know how much re-writing went on after the decision to extend beyond five seasons to drag it out. Maybe a more suitable ending was originally planned.

Comment

Would Firefly be so loved if it had gone on for ten seasons?

Yes to both.

Comment

Yes to both to lol

Though with Lost I really really enjoyed the first season but after that it really felt like they were just adding stuff over and over and towards the end they really got in a pickle

I heard with Breaking Bad they knew how they were going to end it, though i think with a lot of TV shows the problem is they often get cancelled so quickly that they could not have time to finish it.

Dunno if anyone remembers this tv series called Awake, I think they did know it was going to be cancelled so had to hastily do something for the end.

It really really depends on the Game/Movie/Tv/Series though as sometimes I can let some stuff by and it does not bug me and others it annoys me ....one game that did bug me was FFXV (and i tend to find games usually worse as often having to put 30+ hours in)
                Last edited by eastyy; 30-06-2019, 14:50.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  I was moaning to a mate about this the other day who works for a very large band, they are just as sick of fans being ripped off as we are of resellers.

I suggested banning resellers full stop, forever, on ticket sales, direct sales of tickets only with photo ID, one ticket per person and it’s locked to the person who bought it as their photo would be printed on the ticket.
                  Yes I can imagine artists do. Photo ID/Purchasing card should be used but imagine promoters prefer to avoid the cost.

For the NFL it gets a bit more complicated where Stubhub is an official partner and their site is used very successfully for season ticket holders in the US to resell individual games. There may also be a share of the resale back to the NFL but I can't verify this.

However with just the a few games over here, Stubhub doesn't work for UK fans. And the worst bit is now all the resellers are London games season ticket holders where Stubhub guarantees full refunds for all sales if anything goes wrong. It's a complete mess.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

They loved the idea, so if your one of those filthy little people creaming nicely off the middle but have done F all to earn it, I see your there, sittting on your ass profiting off others hard work, I see you.
                    We had this with the daughter and her ticket buying fiasco for BTS, people were doing the same and what made my blood boil is that the target audience were teenage girls like the daughter. It's one thing to rip off adults but quite another to try and take advantage of youngsters like that, particularly girls.
                    She said that at the stadium there were people waving their tickets for others to buy them at inflated prices too.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                      Maybe a more suitable ending was originally planned.
                      The truth is out there..

Comment

Without a set story arc, shows end up like soaps.
                        I had to laugh when I heard that not only has Letitia Dean returned to Eastenders as Sharon, but that her current storyline is that she's pregnant by the same man who's knocked up her stepdaughter.

...and they say Sci-Fi is far-fetched!

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                          We had this with the daughter and her ticket buying fiasco for BTS, people were doing the same and what made my blood boil is that the target audience were teenage girls like the daughter. It's one thing to rip off adults but quite another to try and take advantage of youngsters like that, particularly girls.
                          She said that at the stadium there were people waving their tickets for others to buy them at inflated prices too.
                          Well ill keep sewing the seeds every time i speak to him so if i can do that for a band that big others will follow, at the end of the day re-sellers are earning more selling scalped tickets (or bot snipped tickets) than the actual bands in some cases, its p*****g them off royally that these nobodies that do absolutely nothing are earning so much out of sitting in the middle.

I like building my little fires

Comment

A million times yes.

Comment

Without a set story arc, shows end up like soaps.
                              Very, very, very few TV shows have a set story arc that is worked out beyond "hey, wouldn't it be cool if...?" and, often, that works just fine. However, showrunners will make sure that they understand what's happening in the here and now of the season they are working on. And this for me is where Lost failed badly and it was apparent by the end of the first season - the writers were writing in elements over and over that it was apparent they hadn't worked out.

Comment

re: scalpers, I'm a big fan of sites like Dice trying to tackle the problem -

Comment

Working...
                                X