Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mentioned it a while ago, but irk on how i feel searching on sites is a lot worse then it used to be

Jobs search on various sites and i put my area and it brings up stuff that is not anywhere near my area at all

Youtube, I was looking for a song which i knew was called All the cool Kids i could not remember the name of the band so put it in.....brought up songs that were not that and then was including stuff like pumped up kicks and a Paramore song called Hard times and i was like WTF there has to be some weird stuff happening. Though once i put the name into quotations it came up, though it was the 4th one even though it was the only song that had that exact name

Comment

I'm in an office near the kitchen and there's some kind of charity cake sale on, which is fair enough, but I've heard about 100 variations of "these cakes are zero calories" and I want to put myself through a cross-cut shredder.

Comment

Cakey pig!

Comment

I've not had any!

Comment

The phrase "zero calories" irks me in general. Give me fat, give me sugar, give me flavour, give me the full blast of the treat.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              The phrase "zero calories" irks me in general. Give me fat, give me sugar, give me flavour, give me the full blast of the treat.
              Ties in with one of my irks

Going to a takeaway and they try to make some stuff healthier and change the ingredients....but they taste far worse and i think sod that i know what i want and give me the unhealthy stuff, i do not think anyone goes to a takeaway for a healthy option anyway

Comment

Yeah - it's like if you have McDonald's in the US, it's way nicer, because they haven't aggressively cut the salt and fat and stuff, i.e. the stuff that makes it palatable.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  Yeah - it's like if you have McDonald's in the US, it's way nicer, because they haven't aggressively cut the salt and fat and stuff, i.e. the stuff that makes it palatable.
                  That is exactly what made me think of it, had a McDonalds a few weeks ago and i thought the chips were nowhere near as good as they used to be

Comment

Crappy thing in the shop today irked me and tainted an otherwise brilliant day.

I have an on sales area that opens at 5pm. (It's when my on sales licence currently kicks in every day) I had a few customers who were just hanging out ready to use the area come opening time, when at about 4:40pm a bunch of lads walked in and asked if they could drink in there as they'd noticed the tables etc. They were English and I'm assuming passing through. I said sorry, It's too early for on sales and unfortunately the room was booked from six anyway. The lads hanging around already to drink in it were obviously first in line and were aware they only had an hour as it was booked. Anyway, the guy asking to drink there of the group then proceeds to tell me I'm just not letting him drink in the room because he's black, and stomps out with his friends on tow. What the ****. I don't discriminate against ANYONE on my shop.

Comment

We know the real reason you said no is because they were English j/k

So does that mean that after 5pm you’re effectively a little pub?

Comment

It does mate, aye. Though I’m going to apply to change my licence to all day as there’s a demand there for it. (Which I should've just done in the first place. ) It's just a tiny wee room I added on by converting part of my stock area, but people love it.

Comment

Aw man, I’m genuinely jealous! That looks gorgeous. For decades now I have had a little retirement dream of having a tiny, tiny little Eastern European style bar that has about four stools and no more. A little quiet place with only a few customers. It would never be viable in this day and age hence it being some sort of mangical retirement plan but you’ve actually managed to build almost that on to your business. It looks lovely!

Comment

Thanks DT. I’ve done everything myself with my wife’s help, I’m very proud of the wee business I’ve built. Can’t believe we’ll have been open six months already come next weekend!

Comment

I hope it all goes brilliantly from here. You’ve done something amazing.

Comment

burbur den

Comment

Working...
                                X