The Car Thread: Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    Car is bonkers fast in the cold weather at the moment. That is all.
    Actually the ZetaCRD coilovers are mega too. The ability to make it feel like a Jag or a Le Mans car at the twist of a dial is fun.
    What you running these days Charles?

Comment

Car is bonkers fast in the cold weather at the moment. That is all.
      Oh yeah, I remember that, esp in fog too ... doesn't feel so different in the Aygo though

Comment

Trying to post pics of my Cupra280 but its just so much work I simply can’t be bothered. Given up.

[MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION], seriously bud the site needs an upgrade to allow easy posting of pics.
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 31-12-2020, 19:25.

Comment

Cool display at a super car garage near Petersfield. Massive replica ACOMS unit

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
            Quick question everyone but would you still consider a Diesel car these days?
            I don't know about the UK, but in mainland Europe soon diesel engines won't be allowed in urban areas, and I think Germany is already doing that in major cities across the country. If you plan to do a driving vacation around Europe in the following years, diesel is going to be a nuissance.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Trying to post pics of my Cupra280 but its just so much work I simply can’t be bothered. Given up.

[MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION], seriously bud the site needs an upgrade to allow easy posting of pics.
              Was it the difficulty of doing it on a mobile, or not allowing image upload to the server (so has to be hosted elsewhere)? If the latter, I won't be changing that policy, but a software upgrade would probably solve the former.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                I don't know about the UK, but in mainland Europe soon diesel engines won't be allowed in urban areas, and I think Germany is already doing that in major cities across the country. If you plan to do a driving vacation around Europe in the following years, diesel is going to be a nuissance.
                Thanks
                That won't really affect me...I barely take the car out of the county let alone consider take it abroad lol

Neil

Comment

I'm still in the FSTi. It's pretty much the perfect car. Fast in a straight line and round corners, plus I put a single divan bed and mattress straight in the back. And not boring.

Comment

Was it the difficulty of doing it on a mobile, or not allowing image upload to the server (so has to be hosted elsewhere)? If the latter, I won't be changing that policy, but a software upgrade would probably solve the former.
                    Both. Whole thing is a pain in the arse. Can’t upload direct (i get that, you don’t want to be using server time or space up on people’s pics), linking doesn’t work properly, flickr tags don’t work.

NOTHING WORKS ON MOBILE VIEW.

I love the site but its time to sort this stuff out in 2021, were not in 95 anymore.

Rant over.

Comment

I use ImgBb for hosting images. They give you the code you need to post images directly on the forum. Nice and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        I use ImgBb for hosting images. They give you the code you need to post images directly on the forum. Nice and easy.
                        Same. I always link to their raw image for maximum impact and to annoy the poors on metered internet.

Comment

I grab a link off my Google pics, so no need to upload anywhere new, but then have to do the typing bb codes bit (on mobile) which is painful.

Comment

I'll fire up a copy of the site on vb5 and see what people think.

Comment

Cheers Charlesr.

On another note thinking of getting some Michelin CrossClimates for the front in the winter, so much power going through the front that grip is becoming an issue in the cold and wet.

Comment

My ZE914 are struggling a little bit too. After a thrash across the hills, the rear tyres were still stone cold and the fronts were only a tiny bit warm. I'm taking it a little easier. The roads are slippery with salt/grit too. Braking hard and early to be safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X