No announcement yet.

The Car Thread: Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stop/start stuff is probably not working due to the temperature at this time of year. There’s all sorts of provisos for stop / start. What star sign are you?’

Comment

Lol.
      And the engine does stop fine if the aircon is off.

Comment

That’s p*ss poor on Vauxhall’s part.

Comment

A question. When I set off in the Corsa, it locks all the doors until I take the key out. If I get in an accident, does it unlock them or am I trapped? I got a bit paranoid about this and found a button on the dash that unlocks the doors, but the first time I pull away in first gear again, it locks them (that could be three seconds later for example), so it really wants me to be locked in.

I've never had this in a car before, although the most modern car I've driven was a 2016 WRX STi. Why is it doing it? Is it to stop people getting in while I'm driving? Or to stop me jumping out? Confused.

I found another button that I thought was going to be a little warning if I try to change lanes and there's someone next to me, but it turns out it's a lane meandering warning and auto-steering! Was not expecting anything like that in a base model Corsa. If I drift over towards the line, it flashes a light. If I get right on the line, it beeps at me. If I go over the line, it steers me back into lane. Cool if you are falling asleep I guess. However, I tried to go a little wide around a corner on a narrow lane because there was a tractor with a large trailer behind it and when I tried to go on to the verge a bit, it steered me back towards the f'ing tractor and missed it by a couple of inches. So that's turned off again.

Next up. The A pillar. It's so enormous and sloped that I "hit" a pedestrian (or rather they hit me) because I didn't see them when they stepped out into the road. I was coming up to a pedestrian crossing and there was one car in front of me. The lights were red, so I was slowing to stop behind the car in front of me. A pedestrian decided to step into the road and cross in between that car and me, instead of at the lights. I didn't see them till they bashed the side of the car with their hand, I guess expecting me to leave them room to cross. Cross at the crossing ffs. So why is the A pillar so huge? Because a) it's huge, but also b) there's a huge tweeter enclosure a bit of the way up it (instead of being down in the corner of the window like every car ever.

When I'm not almost running people over or accidentally smashing the brakes on while trying to push the clutch down, it's not a bad ride Weirdly though the same seemingly soft and plush suspension that lets me go over potholes with ease (where my Forester STi would feel like it smashed a wheel) really struggles with much smaller bumps like railway crossings, crashing over them horrendously (where my Forester would sail through).

Comment

It’s too stop people getting in the car, it should unlock by just pulling any door handle inside, my 2015 cupra does and the focus st did too and that was quite old, not the scoob though that had the least amount of tech of any car ive ever owned 😁. There would of been a button somewhere to unlock as well, my Cupra locks at 10mph, the st at like 5mph which was a pain sometimes.

You laugh but I’ve seen a genuine car jacking, happened right in-front of me while i was at a set of lights in Southend, a young guy targeted a girl on her own and tried to drag her out the car, as i jumped out the car and shouted at him 3 builders saw what was happening on the pavement, as i ran up to him one of the builders got to him first and kneecapped the guy with a crowbar, made a lovely crack as his knee folded in. I can only describe them as screams of irony as he lay there on the floor screaming assault seconds after he tried to assault a girl on her own. Thankfully i had a cheap dashcam in at the time which showed the whole thing so he was double f***** when the police turned up.
            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 09-02-2022, 05:30.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              It’s too stop people getting in the car, it should unlock by just pulling any door handle inside, my 2015 cupra does and the focus st did too and that was quite old, not the scoob though that had the least amount of tech of any car ive ever owned ��. There would of been a button somewhere to unlock as well, my Cupra locks at 10mph, the st at like 5mph which was a pain sometimes.

You laugh but I’ve seen a genuine car jacking, happened right in-front of me while i was at a set of lights in Southend, a young guy targeted a girl on her own and tried to drag her out the car, as i jumped out the car and shouted at him 3 builders saw what was happening on the pavement, as i ran up to him one of the builders got to him first and kneecapped the guy with a crowbar, made a lovely crack as his knee folded in. I can only describe them as screams of irony as he lay there on the floor screaming assault seconds after he tried to assault all girl on her own. Thankfully i had a cheap dashcam in at the time which showed the whole thing so he was double f***** when the police turned up.
              Brilliant.

Comment

I'm starting a Kickstarter for FBH to write his memoirs.

Comment

Man that is some crazy sht.

Comment

Ooooooh free money for something i don't have to complete, lovely . On a serious note i may combine all the outrageous stuff my dad used to do into something readable one day, like how he used to look the spitting image of Ian Botham for a few years and used to sign autographs to people when we went out, still makes me chuckle all those people with a treasured autograph from Ian, just not Ian Botham .
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 11-02-2022, 10:43.

Comment

Ah well done bike riders. I stop at a crossroads with lights all ways, guy on a bike nonchalantly goes right through the red causing issues for the traffic going across as they have to slow not to hit the moron, i toot him and he calls me the w****** as he rides off, if I wasn’t in a rush to get the other half to an appointment i would of just driven after the cheeky p****.
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 13-02-2022, 08:59.

Comment

I keep seeing this guy's gorgeous 350z on the way home.
                        It's the Cosmis rims that make it.

A few of my favourites from today's shoot! 🤙💥 ___________________________________________ #nissan #350z #z33 #zsociety #jdm #jdmcars #jdmlifestyle #jdmculture #jdmspace #japan #automotive #ca...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZFUajdoPMC/
                          Friend of mine has one. It looks so cool. He has some subtle bodywork mods.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZFUajdoPMC/
                            I love these
                            I have been toying with the idea of getting one as a 2nd car
                            I'd been looking at replacing the Mazda this year but everything I want currently is the wrong side of £25k & just not workable currently so the idea of keeping the Mazda a bit longer & spending around £8k on something fun like this instead is becoming quite tempting

Neil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X