The Car Thread: Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    Thanks. Model 3 Performance. We saved about €16K buying second-hand, much more if you include the Enhanced Autopilot which I'm absolutely certain they missed.

59,000km on the clock.
    Very nice mate, enjoy saturn5 style gforce from the comfort of your electric scooter, i jest of course. Honestly tesla’s are just crazy quick, it’s really nuts.

I wonder what it costs to recharge now vs a tank of petrol, have you done the math?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      I wonder what it costs to recharge now vs a tank of petrol, have you done the math?
      I've not gotten around to that yet. On the app there's tracking for the three verticals: Home charging, public charging, and Supercharger charging; so I'll report back once I have some of that filled up. It's got to be better than paying €100+ for a full tank in the Peugeot which lasted just under 600KM.

I believe there are some free charging points around here somewhere. I need to ask around regarding that.

I picked up the wife from her gym tonight for the first spot of night driving. It feels like I've car-jacked someone from CP2077 in real life.

Comment

Coolo

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
          As nice as the car is Dave - how cute is your little boy… Mixed with the best of both worlds… He is going to break hearts…

We'd just picked him up from school after he'd been rummaging in the sand pit for most of the day. He had a dirty face and everything. xD

Comment

Audi have built Ken Block a nice new toy

Comment

I'm not going to lie Dave... it took me a while to figure out how you parked it so perfectly with that great big pole in the way... Didn't realise the wall was a roller door.

In my defence I didn't zoom in on my phone till a few minutes later.

Comment

It's a Tamiya

Comment

After my car got smashed up by some idiot who can't drive (see "irk" thread), I looked in the garage and decided to pull this out of retirement.

Good job there's no energy cris- oh...

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                    After my car got smashed up by some idiot who can't drive (see "irk" thread), I looked in the garage and decided to pull this out of retirement.

Nice. I think they put the 12v version of that V6 in the Cloverleaf. That was a crazy car. 2 door hatchback with that engine in the front?!

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post

Ohh, that's the ticket! When I was deep into buying my third car back in the late 2000's, I adored the look of the 156 and came close to buying one in silver.

Sorry to hear about your last car, had no idea you had a second ready to go though! How long have you had the 156 and is it running well?

Comment

Things my car needs right now....
                        Cam belts X2 (boxer engine), plus water pump might as well happen at the same time.
                        Power steering pump is on the blink.
                        Window gussets both sides (wind noise above 50).
                        Something in the wheel is scraping on full lock. Probably due to the AP brake upgrade (which are amazing).
                        Gearbox oil.
                        Front and rear diff oil.
                        Yikes
                        I expect the clutch hasn't got much longer too.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          Things my car needs right now....
                          Cam belts X2 (boxer engine), plus water pump might as well happen at the same time.
                          Power steering pump is on the blink.
                          Window gussets both sides (wind noise above 50).
                          Something in the wheel is scraping on full lock. Probably due to the AP brake upgrade (which are amazing).
                          Gearbox oil.
                          Front and rear diff oil.
                          Yikes
                          I expect the clutch hasn't got much longer too.
                          [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION]

I believe i have an Excedy pink clutch laying around if you want it? If it would fit your Forrester. If i still have it it’s yours for nothing.

Comment

Awesome. I'll find out.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION]

I believe i have an Excedy pink clutch laying around if you want it? If it would fit your Forrester. If i still have it it’s yours for nothing.
                              Hi [MENTION=2561]fishbowlhead[/MENTION]
                              Is it for a 6 speed?

Comment

Dug this out today, serial number: 3H22A made in japan H22513 is the complete code of the plate.

Came out of a 2.5l so may be for a 6speed, i didn't even check tbh. Its only done a few thousand miles before the guys engine blew so hasn't done any work at all, needs a good refurb as its been sitting in one of more store rooms for years.

Let me know if its any good.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 07-11-2022, 12:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X