No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the mecha thread I realised I can try and get some gunpla built perhaps after the initial
    clearout I need to do whilst quarantined after ridding the house of leftover wedding-****e.

Will have to creep to the bins outside at the dead of night but never mind. Will have a look at my gunpla building tools when initial clean up is done to get started on some. Really looking forward to making some.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
      Looking at the mecha thread I realised I can try and get some gunpla built perhaps after the initial
      clearout I need to do whilst quarantined after ridding the house of leftover wedding-****e.

Will have to creep to the bins outside at the dead of night but never mind. Will have a look at my gunpla building tools when initial clean up is done to get started on some. Really looking forward to making some.
      Yeah, I built an Evangelion gunpla kit during lockdown and it was great fun!

Had a quick mooch on bin rules are there's loads of info on if you have Coronavirus, but not if you're just quarantining.
      Basically, if you put your rubbish away for 72 hours, then you can bin it.
      I would put a mask and gloves on, if anyone gives you grief.

Comment

[MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION] I think you guys live in London, right? If so, for groceries I'd use Prime Now. It's really easy to get same day/next day delivery slots and they have 90% of what you need.

Enjoy your honeymoon! You're taking the right attitude about the quarantine

Comment

We are back but not in London (more Brighton area). Looking at food grocieries options for today, just gonna get a take out tonight to last us tonight and perhaps lunch and something instant but home made tomorrow night. Should hopefully have something booked in by the end of the day for sometime early next week, just glad I picked up some loo roll before we left home for the wedding!

Washing day today, was gonna start looking into changing my name today but marriage certificate via post has not arrived yet so will hopefully get that next week and will start on that which I admit am not looking forward to.

Comment

Prime Now is awesome. I used it the other night at 10 and had my shopping delivered at 9am. Do it early enough and you get it same day.

Comment

It's getting to that time of year again...

Comment

Returning home to my HD 6XX after a weekend away.

Comment

Thanks to quarantining after the honeymoon, we have not been able to go on the much anticipated first trip to Ikea in over 4 years which I wanted to make a day of before returning to work.

Decided to order some stuff we needed finally today. One item I super need and wanted (a particular standing lamp that my mum has) just has not been available for delivery so had to compensate by finding lots of smaller bits to accompany the bin I want to justify paying £15 delivery.

So now looking forward to getting a nice new kitchen bin along with a tiny bathroom bin, laundry basket, salad spinner, dish washing brush, utensil holder and random box with lid to hold stuff that's currently rolling around under the kitchen sink.
                  I cleaned the majority of the kitchen today (except the inside the oven cause F*** THAT) so its a gift for myself to finally rid us of that god awful bin I knew both of us would hate the second we picked it up from Homebase 4 years ago.

Comment

Radetzky March on the wireless and the world turns all Technician Ted.

Comment

Online funeral services are less surreal and morbid than I thought they would be. I'm glad its a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                        Online funeral services are less surreal and morbid than I thought they would be. I'm glad its a thing.
                        I went on one today, sound quality wasn't great and the picture kept freezing, at least I could watch it back afterwards though the sound quality was even worse like someone had recorded it on a cheap cassette player with a tape bought from the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                          I went on one today, sound quality wasn't great and the picture kept freezing, at least I could watch it back afterwards though the sound quality was even worse like someone had recorded it on a cheap cassette player with a tape bought from the market.
                          I attended one today as well for my uncle. None of those issues thankfully but its easy to see how it could go wrong.

Comment

We had some uninvited/ distant family guests ask if we could zoom or stream our wedding about a week before the big day. I did think about the idea but tbh the ones who were most keen and asked about it were the ones that chose not to come and frankly we had enough on our plate going wrong with the wedding and did not want this to be an extra factor.

If we had decided to have a micro wedding with literally our parents we would have definitely looked into it.

Work has just emailed me that our medical emergency training will take place over zoom next month, something I’ve never used. CPR training should be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                              Work has just emailed me that our medical emergency training will take place over zoom next month, something I’ve never used. CPR training should be interesting
                              You've got Asura for that

Comment

Don't think he'd appreciate his ribs being potentially cracked!

Work finally got back to me in regard of what's going on with pay whilst on quarantine, as before October we had a staff member still choosing to go to Tenerife despite the 2 week quarantine afterwards. The option for her was furlough pay or take as holiday which she had loads left over anyway so was fine with that.

Work said cause I hand no symptoms/ I wasn't sick they/ I couldn't claim whatever sick pay but as a wedding gift they will give me 5 days holiday so I will only lose 3 days worth of holiday allowance which is nice and fair of them.
                                [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] and I never really go on holiday appart from extending weekends to go to conventions and visit our parents so those days of holiday are really precious for us to actually get stuff done.

Comment

Working...
                                X