No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received a letter from the landlord detailing the apartment costs for the year and I have a credit of 800 francs. Cool!

Comment

Met up with [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] this morning and collected some cool gaming stuff.

I've sent PMs to those in his thread who wanted certain things.

Another great example of the forum community at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
        Got my Secret Santa today and picked up a collection of manga from a charity shop par 1 volume which I have just bought for 1p online.
        That's decent, what manga was it?

Comment

Teddy’s face when he sat on our sofa and I pressed the recliner button

Comment

Just signed the deal on premises for my shop today after months of trying to find the right spot! In only a few short months now it'll be open, and for the first time in twenty years I'll actually be back to living at home full time again. @TheCCBM is going to change my life in 2019

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              That's decent, what manga was it?
              Pita-ten, by same artist that did little snow fairy and Digi-charat. So basically cute and MASSIVE KILLER EYES and rather wacky. Seen it around for years and never read it, flicked through and found it less annoying than I thought it might be.

I took a plunge and bought The Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok vol 1+2 on Ebay before Christmas super cheap after seeing images of the anime about 15 years ago in Newtype magazine. The manga is a mish mash of styles, designs and looks like 5 people drew each page, I couldn't get through the first chapter and the story was meh.

Pita-Ten is about an annoying angel who doesn't know how to live like a human who moves next door to a lonely guy. Its not full of fan service and nose blood and the guy just wants her out her face as she smushes her face against the window with some of the energy from Excel from Excel Saga. Its 8 volumes and I picked up the missing 6th for 1p so I'll be pleased with reading it and sell it on when finished.

From what I've heard it turns quite dark compared to the anime. I've got halfway through the first volume ok so should be ok.

Back to topic, have a friend of ours coming to visit and [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] is making some awesome food tonight and tomorrow for her visit (Lasagna tonight and Gyudon tomorrow :P)
              Last edited by Blobcat; 29-12-2018, 16:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                Just signed the deal on premises for my shop today after months of trying to find the right spot! In only a few short months now it'll be open, and for the first time in twenty years I'll actually be back to living at home full time again. @TheCCBM is going to change my life in 2019

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

I wish you the very best of luck in your new venture Colin.

Comment

Started a gaming cull to help support the house moving fund.

Xbox One X - gone.

LEGO Dimensions stuff - gone (and made a tidy profit!).

Now I just need to find something I have worth £26,000 to clear the current mortgage so we can start with a fresh slate.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    Now I just need to find something I have worth £26,000 to clear the current mortgage so we can start with a fresh slate.
                    No neo geo aes collection still hidden in the attic, Teddy? ;-)

Comment

Started a gaming cull to help support the house moving fund.

Xbox One X - gone.

LEGO Dimensions stuff - gone (and made a tidy profit!).

I found a total of £14 when emptying all the pockets of my coats jackets and suits yesterday. Have you tried that?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                        No neo geo aes collection still hidden in the attic, Teddy? ;-)
                        Afraid not.

Comment

Stumbling across a BBC dub of the first episode of Urusei Yatsura. Amazing.

Comment

Sell the house. You’ll easily get 26k.

Easily.

Comment

Turned out my money was mosly made out of what is now illegal tender

Comment

Can exchange it at a bank can’t you?

Comment

Working...
                                X