No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A random memory of an old Speccy (iirc???) game called SODOV THE SORCEROR. I'm pretty sure it was a total ripoff of an old C64 wizard game but I'm not 100% sure which came first.

A distant memory also makes me think it *could* have been an early game by Sensible Software??? It's a very long shot, this, it could just be converging memories, it was the 80s, after all, 1989 to be precise.

Anyhoo, the smiley part is the loading screen, maybe title screen? It depicts a wizard on a hill with a speech bubble containing the word "SODOV!!!". Sod off!!!

Very childish stuff but thinking about it always makes me titter inwardly.

Comment

Also, gonna be watching my Blu of A CLOCKWORK ORANGE on the big telly tonite, first time I'll have seen it in five years.

Yeah, got some Jack Daniel's in, some Cherry Coke in, some good ganja, plus my mate gi'us a strip o' Trammies, also two pots of lush hummus.

Love my hummus but I prefer the standard variety. I'll eat a whole tub with a teaspoon. Gonna be a great nite tonite, ooooooh yeeeeeah.

Comment

Try Hummus/ Houmous with some Lime Pickle mixed in someday.
        Been building some Ikea gifts today and playing my new switch game (Sakuna of rice and ruin) and plan to read some manga this evening under my new lamp.

Comment

I adore lime so that could be an amazing combo. Once had some lime chutney at this wonderful curry buffet place in Cleckheaton, it was outstanding!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
            We were watching The Christmas Chronicles last night, and there was a scene where the girl gives a candy cane to a reindeer.

Wife: I've eaten that!
            Me: What, candy cane?
            Wife: No, reindeer.
            Me: ...
            Wife: It was on a pizza. I had a reindeer pizza.
            My GF casually mentioned she has eaten puffin

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              My GF casually mentioned she has eaten puffin
              Jesus. What’s up with our women, eh?

Comment

Monsters! 😂

Comment

Admittedly I've had venison pizza. Popular dish in the Pyrenees.

Comment

Puffin? I’ve eaten reindeer but I’m not even sure where you would go to eat puffin.

Comment

I’ve eaten plenty of Penguins, if that’s relevant?

(I also like Breakaways)

Comment

Remember a chat I had with the wife about what our favourite meats were, hers is whale.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                          Remember a chat I had with the wife about what our favourite meats were, hers is whale.
                          Is she from Iceland?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Puffin? I’ve eaten reindeer but I’m not even sure where you would go to eat puffin.
                            To a restaurant a long way from the car park and you're running late for your reservation, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              Is she from Iceland?
                              Japan. They used to get it for school dinners.

Though I'm fairly sure it became more popular after WWII as the allies promoted the use of whale meat due to the lack of other proteins available for consumption.
                              Last edited by Anpanman; 29-12-2020, 20:32.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                                To a restaurant a long way from the car park and you're running late for your reservation, perhaps?
                                It took me way too long to get this. I got there eventually though and I had a moment of pride.

Comment

Working...
                                X