Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    That BBC trailer for the Tokyo Olympics are ticking all sorts of boxes!
    I mean, it's a bit of a lay persons idea of what Japan is. Like when American think the UK is all Red phone boxes and royal family.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      I mean, it's a bit of a lay persons idea of what Japan is. Like when American think the UK is all Red phone boxes and royal family.
      Spot on. They should’ve made something like this:

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
        Spot on. They should’ve made something like this:

Lol. And when he asends the escalator it's goes to the Tokyo 2020 logo. Done.

Comment

The only thing missing from the BBC Tokyo Olympics trailer was a vending machine for panties. Excellent effort, nonetheless.

Comment

Had a wardrobe clearout today.

Three black sacks of clothes that are now too big (and I have no desire to ever fit into again).

Feels good.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              The cat one is proper hilarious!

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/57785924 Amazing

Comment

Euro 2020 Finals
                  Best outcome achieved - fans get a taste of success and hope for the future, the rest of us don't have to hear about the insufferable moment for the next 60 years

Comment

Second week of summer hols and I've already lost track of what day of the week it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      Euro 2020 Finals
                      Best outcome achieved - fans get a taste of success and hope for the future, the rest of us don't have to hear about the insufferable moment for the next 60 years
                      Haha. Spoken like a true Welsh/Scot/Irishman. Honestly, you lot can't stop talking about 66. The reason us Welsh don't want to see you win is because of all the premature "it's coming home" nonsense.

Luckily, you lost and it rained so London didn't burn. I have a feeling victory would have assured it's destruction.

Comment

People taking the piss out of Branson's "space" flight.

Just in case you missed it, Richard Branson was even more pleased with himself than usual this week when he blasted into ‘near space’. The billionaire Virgin founder travelled 53 miles above the Earth in his Virgin Galactic rocket plane. Here he is in action (mind you don’t get space sick). “To all you kids […]

Comment

People taking the piss out of Branson's "space" flight.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2021/07/14...19-favourites/
                          I loved the commentary from the nice American lady on his staff who was narrating it. Just as he went into almost space his mic cut out and she goes something like (can't remember exact words), "Richard likes to prepare inspirational things to say at moments like this and even though we can't hear him I expect he's saying something inspirational right now."

Comment

Branson flew to 50,000 ft.

In 1976, the SR-71 Blackbird flew to 85,000 ft, piloted by a young boy called, D.A.R.Y.L.

Comment

Branson flew to 50,000 ft.

In 1976, the SR-71 Blackbird flew to 85,000 ft, piloted by a young boy called, D.A.R.Y.L.
                              I thought this too, but it turns out the plane carrying the rocket jet went to 50000ft but then the rocket with Branson in took off and went to 280000ft or around 50 miles, which is the boundary of space.

Comment

How far did the kid in Flight of the Navigator go?

Comment

Working...
                                X