No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My box of 10x animal crossing choco eggs arrived. I need 5 more of the 20 to complete my collection and out the 10 I got 3 that I needed!

Sadly didn't get Marshel who seems to be the most expensive to just buy and the other 'mystery' figure' (boy villager) but still really happy I got the ones I needed. Hopefully can trade the others for the last 2 but they have some value to sell so will look to ebay them after at least attempting to trade for them.

Comment

Was listening to the full arcade BGM of DANGEROUS SEED, a few minutes back.

It reminded me how good the MD soundtrack was and I just dance, dance, DANCE inside when I hear it. So, sooooo good, it's my fave 16-bit soundtrack of all time, just nudging SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV's out about eleven millimetres.

Here it is. Pure glorious:

SOOOOOOOOGOOOOOOD

Comment

Got a nice pair of non-tacky Christmas mugs (snowy houses design) and a box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates from Secret Santa at work yesterday. Very nice

Also had a chat with some colleague at work and opened up about a few things they were aware of as I have had some **** happen on and off the last couple of years with some staff. My confidence in work kinda plummeted just before the wedding after one member of staff really got onto my case about my cleaning/ organizing of surgeries when I was only in them 10-20% of the week for a good 7 months so had no control of what people did to them, but somehow it was all on me and her mates were in the clear. I got a formal warning when I genuinely thought that meeting was gonna be about a promotion hence why my self confidence in the job plummeted and anxiety went sky high for a while, resulting in my quadruple checking everything I did and leaving work 2 hours after everyone else making sure I left the place perfect. Said member of staff has since left and a month later everyone has breathed out a sigh of relief, lovely 'fun' girl and excellent nurse but she was very much too big for her boots with some staff and her mates and her got away with a lot of stuff we would have been called up upon in our line of work. 2 of said mates have since been fired for their unprofessional behaviour and I have had a couple of senior staff apologize to me for some things I mentioned what this girl was doing a while ago that I wasn't sure if I was being over sensitive about (messaging me on my phone about issues and stuff on my day off including when my mum was sick).

I'm still making extra steps and working harder to get back into the flow of doing my job well with the confidence again but it's nice to know now that some people have confirmed it wasn't me being fully **** and her behavior wasn't all in my head.

So yeah, feeling much better mentally about stuff but have a long way to go to be more normal. I am hoping for some more confident positive changes happening next year.
        Last edited by Blobcat; 12-12-2020, 09:55.

Comment

@ Blobcat

Was a time I spent time and energy worrying about not being 'normal' but these day's I question normality's existence. If I look at myself, my family, friends and acquaintances, none are normal. Some people, from a distance, are very good at creating the illusion of normality but get to know them well enough and you see through it and realise they're messed up and carrying they're own set of mental burdens just like the rest of us. In fact merely wanting to be normal is it's own source of unhappiness because it involves striving towards an imaginary ideal that doesn't exist.

The best we can do is to learn to be comfortable with our-abnormal-selves. That's a cliche I know but it's true - and it doesn't imply that we shouldn't seek self-improvement. Life-long learning, growth, shedding our childish, selfish and fearful traits, becoming more conscious, I'm well into those things.

It's just dawned on me that you may have meant something quite different when you said you still have a long way to go from being normal, maybe you didn't mean normal as in more alike everyone else, maybe you meant you're a long way off your ideal, in which case this long-winded post is pointless.

Comment

Yeah I am faaar from normal, its always been the way with me and I don't mind. I did actually mean more 'normal' at work as in just able to work without overthinking things and just working well and try not to worry about things I shouldn't have to think about in my position.

Things that make me smile, the new dentist I work with got me a Google Nest mini for Christmas. No idea what it is really and if I can use it with my iphone. Should I wait until I potentially get a new phone in the new year (probably android) or try and play with my new gadget on my ancient iphone ? I like the idea of it playing music sometimes

Comment

You don't need to connect to it with your phone, except for initial set up I think, as it uses wifi.
              Google are clever enough to make their stuff compatible with iPhones.

Don't mention moving away from Apple products out loud - they are always listening!

Comment

Was in dublin on monday popped into Forbidden planet....felt like a kid in a candy shop and got myself a couple of cheap things (Dragon ball super broly small figurine and a pack of tiny transformers)

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                  Was in dublin on monday popped into Forbidden planet....felt like a kid in a candy shop and got myself a couple of cheap things (Dragon ball super broly small figurine and a pack of tiny transformers)
                  Took the kids to one of my favourite shops pre-Lockdown 2.

It was called "Nostalgia & Comics" when I was a kid but now called "Worlds Apart" as part of a Forbidden Planet refit, but it was such a thrill to go back and look at all the shiny shinies.

Treated the kids to a couple of bits and me a comic in the sale.

Birmingham’s store refit is complete. The shop looks great, modern and clean making it easier to shop than ever before. Perhaps the most controversial thing about the refit is pictured above – the changing of the stores name from Nostalgia … Continue reading →

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Took the kids to one of my favourite shops pre-Lockdown 2.

It was called "Nostalgia & Comics" when I was a kid but now called "Worlds Apart" as part of a Forbidden Planet refit, but it was such a thrill to go back and look at all the shiny shinies.

Treated the kids to a couple of bits and me a comic in the sale.

https://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/nostal...-worlds-apart/

Had few Signed comics that was a bit tempted to get while there but tbh space at home is not the best and would rather collect figurines and statues now, when i saw the manga they had though which had a deal of buy 2 get one free i was tempted to get One punch man but finances lacking lol

Comment

Spent a lot of my student loan / savings/ food money on the 3 for 2 manga at my local back in the day *facepalm*

Comment

The 42-year-old sued his parents, saying they threw away an "irreplaceable" collection worth $25,000.

Comment

This is deffo me if I joined Snapface or Instabook;

Turns out, having a career that spans decades and being hilarious are not mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                            This is deffo me if I joined Snapface or Instabook;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-55347088
                            Dionne the Singer

Comment

Comment

Just got a 360 with the God Particle unleashed inside.

I am in Nerdvana!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X