Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maine unlike most other States splits their EC votes, Biden won 3 out of 4, Trump the other 1.

Something people might want to muse over whilst the votes continue to be counted; if Trump loses, he can run for President in 2024 again. Assuming he hasn't keeled over from a burst blood vessel or Covid-19 re-infection. Or is convicted for financial crimes of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      Maine unlike most other States splits their EC votes, Biden won 3 out of 4, Trump the other 1.

Something people might want to muse over whilst the votes continue to be counted; if Trump loses, he can run for President in 2024 again. Assuming he hasn't keeled over from a burst blood vessel or Covid-19 re-infection. Or is convicted for financial crimes of some sort.
      Can he run again from jail?

Comment

Trumps campaign say they're moving forward with suing to stop vote counting in Pennsylvania whilst also calling for more vote counting to be done in the already declared Arizona

If Trump can potentially run in 2024 and presuming the US justice system fails the world again and he's free and able to - do we think the Republicans will snap back into line for him or will they decide that he's used up his worth to them?

Comment

CNN are reporting that Biden has taken Michigan

Apparently Trumps lead in Pennsylvania has dropped from 500,000 votes to 320,000 with a ton more yet to be counted

Comment

Biden is closing the gap in GA too. 16 votes for that one if he gets it

Comment

Go look at his latest tweets, he’s completely unhinged. Yeah, voting doesn’t matter, I claim the votes so that’s it. He’s calling dibs in the hope that sticks. What a ****ing tool.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                Can he run again from jail?
                He can't run for president if he's convicted of a crime, no.

Seems he's having a meltdown, declaring he owns parts of the US now - I think they need to get the 25th ammendment ready for tomorrow to remove him from office to prevent further damage to the US before Biden is sworn in - it's looking likely that Nevada will be declared for Biden this evening in the US and that's game over.

He needs just 6 more EC votes.

Nope - looks like that was a fake account made to look like AP - still waiting.
                Last edited by MartyG; 04-11-2020, 22:09.

Comment

264 - 214. I've gotta call it, even though I don't wanna. Air Force One is down, The Trumpion is aflame.

Because I'll probs be asleep by the time the final results come in, I'll speak my epitaph now:

"He may not have been the best president...but he was the most"

It's been fun. It reminded me a lot of the Conor McGregor fight. Best sports this year, and that includes Leeds going up!!!

Comment

I hope it all ends with a bedraggled Trump being pulled out of a hole at gunpoint, Saddam Hussein style.

Comment

Arizona is due to be called at 2am. Biden has a healthy lead.

Nevada is due to be called by 5pm tomorrow. Biden has a razor thin lead.

If he snags Arizona AND Nevada, he's got 270 and he's won.

If he misses one or even both, he will still win if he gets Pennsylvania, where Trump still leads currently. That's due to be called on Friday.

It's a nail biter but I'm feeling optimistic. I was gutted when I went to bed at 4am yesterday, it really felt like Trump had the momentum.

Comment

I want him to stand on top of Trump Tower screaming that he won and laughing at all the democrat supporters down below.

Then Biden appears behind him, stabs him and lets him fall to his death, Saruman-style.

Comment

I suppose the one of the biggest issues with Trump running in 2024 is that a lot of his debt is due in 2021/2022 which will potentially financially ruin him, especially as the presidency has exposed his methods and financial state meaning finding new lending will be hard. Melania to pull the rip cord in 3... 2...

Comment

I’m still not confident Biden will manage it to be honest, even as the totals stand. It’s 2020 after all.

Comment

Yeah, I’m terrified it will be snatched away. I always said Trump could win it and even that I thought he would. I think now that we are where we are, that was almost a defence mechanism to prevent utter disappointment in the human race if he did win... or if it was close, even after all he has done and said and all that’s happened.

I still hope for a Biden win but even if it happens, I’m disappointed. The US is down the toilet.

Comment

The worst thing is the Trump's populism still worked despite four years of obvious falsehoods, a virus that's killed more Americans than the vietnam war, an economy that's tanked, taxation that's made rich people richer, a president that was impeached for conspiring with a forgein nation.

It's difficult to know how you can counter that. If this style of morally compromised politics works, and continues to work - the whole world is in trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X