This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    I’m not saying there was malice, Marty, but the reality is that some headlines read kinder than others and it’s easy to pick out when that happens. Being factually correct doesn’t rule out a very clear point of view and deep rooted prejudices.
    And it was quickly changed - which shows me that BBC is mindful of the content it publishes, even if it doesn't get things perfect 100% of the time, first time.

Comment

That's why I made sure to include the word 'personal'. People often forget that these teams are made up of individuals.

Comment

Yes absolutely - the teams are often quite autonomous in their operations too, even down to individual programme level in some cases.

The BBC isn't perfect by any means, but as an organisation I don't believe it's institutionally racist - it's one of the few organisations to have a department specifically to oversee diversity in its content.

Comment

One of the major pissers of this for me is reading mealy-mouthed remarks from democracy-trampling politicians the world over over how sad it is that the U S of A - that shining beacon of dynastic/corporate democracy to us all - should have come to this​!

Comment

Comment

It remains uncertain if Pence will attend event, which will take place on Capitol steps under heightened security after breach

Trump won't attend Bidens inauguration. Biden says Trumps decision to not attend it is one of the few things he's ever agreed with Trump on.

Lisa Murkowski has become the first Republican Senator to call on Trump to resign. She says if the party doesn't distance itself from Trump she will resign from it which would make her an Independent and tip the Senate one seat further out of the Republicans hands, a move that apparently she has little to lose from doing so the threat is a real one to them.

And on Monday the filings for the Second Impeachment of Trump will be submitted and voted on in the House with the Trial set to begin on Tuesday within the Senate once the House votes to Impeach him again.

Comment

Also just breaking:

Donald Trump has been permanently banned from Twitter

President Donald Trump and his attorney Rudy Giuliani both mistakenly made calls to Republican Sen. Mike Lee as deadly riots were unfolding at the US Capitol earlier this week, a spokesman for the senator confirmed to CNN – calls that were intended for another GOP senator the White House was frantically trying to convince to delay the counting of Electoral College votes.

And whilst rioters broke their way into the Capitol Building, pushing through security and firing into the chambers Trump and Giuliani were... trying to phone the fleeing Senators to sway them into voting against the Electoral College vote for Bidens win.

Comment

Having been banned by Facebook, Twitter etc including even MySpace Trump has now jouned Parler and already Apple is threatening to deplatform the App.

Comment

Well that happened sooner than predicted - Trump has all the self-control of a kitten in a feather shop.

Google has removed Parler from its app store, not one I'd heard of before this week - claims it is a platform of free speech and then lets you block posts containing words you don't like - the irony.

Comment

Laughable. He literally incited a Coup and thats it? He should be facing the noose or chair.

Comment

Fairly certain Twitter isn't able to press criminal charges.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          Well that happened sooner than predicted - Trump has all the self-control of a kitten in a feather shop.

Google has removed Parler from its app store, not one I'd heard of before this week - claims it is a platform of free speech and then lets you block posts containing words you don't like - the irony.
                          Parler is effectively right wing twitter; it's where the banned users go. Not JUST that; in theory it had other qualities but this is how it ended up.

It's like how VOAT was the right wing Reddit, which also closed recently.

Honestly though this isn't somethng to celebrate; these sites were the social network equivalent of an offshore prison. It's like when Tumblr collapsed, all those people came to Twitter and the immediate effect was very apparent. As a fan of Tumblr, I didn't find this to be a problem but it won't be the same with parler

Comment

I can see Trump fleeing to Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              Funny, but I've thought this too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                He can hang out with Eddie Snowden

Comment

Working...