Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

900 years ago we'd have hung, drawn and quartered them. Are you saying they shouldn't get due process?

Comment

Maybe the airport staff were being respectful of his rights and wishes but he had a typo on his MAGA hat so they read it as Make America Late Again

Comment

Imagine if Trump had been banned from all these social networks 4 years ago?
        He'd have got so much more done!
        He'd have built that wall, rather than rage tweet from the toilet.

Comment

He'd have spent four years persecuting technology companies. starting with removing safe harbour I'd wager - which is likely a big reason why they didn't to protect their businesses.

Comment

This is cracking me up!

Facebook and Twitter I can understand, but the rest are hilarious.
            So he can't stream YMCA on Spotify, he can't post miming videos on TikTok, can't post him livestreaming a Demon's Souls speed run on Twitch, search for home decorations pins on Pinterest, take a photo of his lunch on Instagram or his dick on Snapchat!

Comment

Right now Trump technically has a higher chance of a second term in office than he does of posting a floss dance video of himself online

Comment

Social media is already so much quieter in just a few days. It's glorious. Aside from totally enabling his loudmouthed cult, I think his social media presence has probably been very detrimental to our daily mental health. It was relentless. And exposed the idea of a social media 'echo chamber' as a total lie because I worked really hard to create my own bubble and couldn't get even close to stopping the right wing presence from getting into it.

But now? There is already a calm.

Comment

No bubble for the extreme right either, as Amazon has pulled Parler's hosting on AWS: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55615214

Rather now these groups have started up putting up posters around the country to organise "protests" across the country during inauguration: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1784935.html

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    900 years ago we'd have hung, drawn and quartered them. Are you saying they shouldn't get due process?
                    Yes they should get due process, for inciting a coup. They also shouldn’t be crying like a baby because they are now on a no fly list for being involved.

Currently US laws are,
                    Penalty for a coup
                    Penalty: Death or not more than 30 years' imprisonment (if committed during time of war) or not more than 20 years' imprisonment (if not committed during time of war).
                    en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki › Treaso...
                    Treason laws in the United States - Wikipedia

So technically if the US government was still at war with Iraq (for example, no need to go into all that here) they could be given the death penalty.

Comment

You're listing punishment for treason, there's not even the tiniest of chances anyone in that group will be prosecuted for that, no matter what media commentators are saying, as It would require "intent to betray the nation" and that would never reach the required legal bar for conviction (crimes require mens rea remember). Potentially they could get a conviction for sedition (the legal bar is lower for that), but it's far more likely that any prosecutions will be for lesser crimes, such as destruction of government property.

Treason, sedition and a coup (i.e., advocating for the overthrow of the government) are all legally different things - prosecutors will try and convict for crimes they have the highest chance of getting a conviction for (much of the US legal system is bartered down outside of the courts by prosecutors and lawyers - the plead deals - simply to avoid the courts completely).

Comment

In a new poll 56% of respondants support removing Trump from office before 20 January. 67% hold Trump accountable for the DC Riots

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          67% hold Trump accountable for the DC Riots
                          Misleading stat maybe? What % of that are saying "good on him, he should try again!"

Comment

Turns out Parler has less than stellar security; as their access to third-party authentication processes got cut off, some folks found ways to create admin accounts, giving them pretty much the keys to the castle. Data (including deleted items, exif metadata...) has been archived. Don't have a news site source, but naturally there's Twitter threads for those that don't mind some naughty words and schadenfreude.

Comment

Videos of crying dickheads being kicked off flights have really cheered me up this morning. More MAGA tears please.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                                Videos of crying dickheads being kicked off flights have really cheered me up this morning. More MAGA tears please.
                                Yep, it’s absolutely hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X