Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melania issues her farewell statement as First Lady and as expected it's mostly made up of her talking about herself

Comment

I mean; the East Wing has been haemorrhaging staff just as much as the West. Presumably she didn't have enough help.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Melania issues her farewell statement as First Lady and as expected it's mostly made up of her talking about herself
        I think that can be summed up in one image

Comment

The impeachment process has been formalised now: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...f-insurrection

It means Trump will be the only President in history to be impeached twice (given the house will pass it) - for Republicans to claim Biden should be calling for unity instead is egregiously hypocritical, especially given even after the invasion of the Capitol, some were still opposing the ratification of Biden's win.
          Last edited by MartyG; 11-01-2021, 17:59.

Comment

Acting Home Land Secretary Chad Wolf is stepping down, Chad is accused of being illegally appointed to his role.

Trump has been advised he could face civil liability connected to the rioters that stormed Congress, sources familiar with conversations told ABC News.

Trump has reportedly been warned he could face civil liability over the DC riots which has enraged him as now he that he thinks that he won't be able to self-pardon himself it means he doesn't want to issue pardons for anyone else anymore either.

Whilst the NY State Bar is actively looking into disbarring Rudy

Comment

Biden has so much work to do, it's unbelievable.

I know there are many with minds that cannot be changed now, but lots of regular folks happy to support Trump and believe everything he says.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Biden has so much work to do, it's unbelievable.

I know there are many with minds that cannot be changed now, but lots of regular folks happy to support Trump and believe everything he says.

That's a scary read...

Comment

Dear Terry, you and your friends have won an all expenses paid rocket trip to somewhere nice and warm, no no, don’t ask where it’ll ruin the surprise. Please gather all your pals who were involved or support trumple, hell invite truple as well. Pack light as you wont need and clothes for the trip, or ever again.

Yours sincerely, the rest of the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Dear Terry, you and your friends have won an all expenses paid rocket trip to somewhere nice and warm, no no, don’t ask where it’ll ruin the surprise. Please gather all your pals who were involved or support trumple, hell invite truple as well. Pack light as you wont need and clothes for the trip, or ever again.

Yours sincerely, the rest of the planet.
                    He's actually hugely critical of it, and seems to have been there in his professional role as a historian (of American political history/democracy) to witness and record the events first hand.

Comment

I suppose the issue for Biden is less how to reach these people - as they'll be the never Democrat voters anyway - and more how Trump has emboldened them to speak up. The Democrats biggest issue is that they won't know for four years if there are 75m racist, ignorant Republicans or 75m racist, ignorant Trumpers. If it's the latter than enough will fray away without their lightning rod leader around to help keep the odds in the Dems favour in future. If it's the former then America will remain on the knife edge to oblivion.

Clearly though the education system needs gutting, it's failed so many.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                        He's actually hugely critical of it, and seems to have been there in his professional role as a historian (of American political history/democracy) to witness and record the events first hand.
                        I take it back then, i read that as he was with and part of them as a group.

Comment

Companies and institutions are shunning President Trump and some associates after the attack on the U.S. Capitol. The Trump family business, built on luxury hospitality, is contemplating a reinvention.

Deutsche Bank has dropped Trump and won't be doing business with him in future

Comment

Dear Duracell,
                            After powering my remote for four years, I am now on principal refusing to use the two batteries that have just run out of charge and I am removing them from the remote and will be throwing them in the bin. I trust this will send strong message.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              I suppose the issue for Biden is less how to reach these people - as they'll be the never Democrat voters anyway - and more how Trump has emboldened them to speak up. The Democrats biggest issue is that they won't know for four years if there are 75m racist, ignorant Republicans or 75m racist, ignorant Trumpers. If it's the latter than enough will fray away without their lightning rod leader around to help keep the odds in the Dems favour in future. If it's the former then America will remain on the knife edge to oblivion.

Clearly though the education system needs gutting, it's failed so many.
                              It's likely a mix of the two. Some of these people will fade away and others will linger.
                              There is a certain level of brainwashing going on here. Trump, as much of an idiot as he is, has excellent assertiveness skills (he wouldn't be able to blag banks into giving him millions if he didn't) and he's easily convinced people of a conspiracy. The US and conspiracy go hand in hand and it's the conspiracy that's going to be hard to get rid of. Trump may be gone, but if a large number of people still believe Biden cheated his way in, then he's lost them.

Comment

I'm torn by all these people in trumps camp getting bans from posting on social media platforms and finally getting real world consequences, (loss of jobs, no fly lists imprisonment) to name a few. Hopefully de-platforming them deescalates their ability to do this sort of stuff again but is pushing them underground really the best option? Surely it would be a lot safer to keep them out in the open so america can see what their doing. Taking away their ability to make arses of themselves publicly sucks for us too the worlds a lot quieter without having trumps random twitter tantrums to read.

Cutting off this groups ability to communicate is just going to bring out the crazy in these people more, i mean how the **** did Qanon get to be a thing its like something that started life as a 4chan thread. If they where people willing to plant (thankfully dud) pipe bombs and storm government buildings when all they had was the ramblings of a crazy orange lunatic., Think what they will do when they have real world consequences to their actions.

America now has a group of people that think their freedoms are being taken from them this whole true patriot movement is going to get worse and worse, the divide is not going anywhere its a lose lose situation you let Trump get away with what hes done people think what he did was right, you throw the book at him you make him a martyr to this movement.
                                Last edited by Lebowski; 12-01-2021, 10:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X