Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guys at the top don't care about you. Never will. We're the ones doing the fighting with each other and don't expect it to get better now Joe's in.

Comment

Ah, fuggit. I'm standing in 2024. I'll be the best Prez EVAH.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
        And have you SEEN the state of YouTube these days? The censorship of certain, harmless words, the threat of demonetisation should there be one, sensitive little word in there???

It's all here. It's right in front of you. Take the VR off.
        Not sure where you get that from - YouTube doesn't censor content creators in this way - if you want to spout endless swear words, YouTube won't stop you. You won't get ad content revenue, but that isn't due to YT, that's down to companies not wanting to associate their products with certain content.

What creators don't have is an entitlement to ad reveue - and they're not hiding this fact, they have a guide on it.
        Last edited by MartyG; 12-01-2021, 18:17.

Comment

Where do I get that from??? I watch friggin' YouTube!!! Lot of peeps making a living off their YT vids, there was a point where even mentioning the word 'Coronavirus' was causing users to get demonetised.

Comment

Yeah, I think we’re not fully understanding what censorship means. I also think it telling when we get outrage over ‘freedom’ from some corners when someone is booted from Twitter but not when kids get put in cages. Or the hundreds of other issues that many people with a sense of perspective were more outraged over for the last few years. Some of these things are more dangerous than others. Hateful people who can’t exert the tiniest hint of self control getting deplatformed ultimately isn’t all that much of a threat to us.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              Where do I get that from??? I watch friggin' YouTube!!! Lot of peeps making a living off their YT vids, there was a point where even mentioning the word 'Coronavirus' was causing users to get demonetised.
              This isn't censorship - ad revenue isn't a right.

Comment

Well, nobody is talking about all those Muslims in China that much. Trade is still going brilliantly...

...trade in human organs, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  This isn't censorship - ad revenue isn't a right.
                  OK Mr Zuckerberg, it's obviously not a thing, then.

*gets blinded by the gaslights*

Comment

How DARE he enter this debate???!!!!

Time to ban JazzFunk!!!

Take his platforms away!!!!!

Comment

As far as Trump is concerned the main difference is the effect. He's enjoyed years of spouting nonsense without being deplatformed but there's a difference between having the freedom to say what you want and then escalating it to encourage or organise the assault, persecution and even deaths of others and that's why Trump has been snapped offline. There are other reasons of course but still the joy of seeing him deplatformed doesn't take away the blatant abuse he conducted with that very platform he held. It's like the murder comparison, someone might spend all their life wanting to kill another person but nothings going to happen unless an attempt is made. Trump was free to want whatever he wanted to happen to stay in power up until the point he acted on it and called on his base to attempt an insurrection.

Comment

I love you Neon. And I do. I see how much time you take, how much effort you make to keep this place alive, pumpin' with threads. I love it, I love your spirit for it.

But are we not very intelligent peeps? I despair.

I'm hanging on the precipice of making a thread or post that will alienate me, will get me banned.

Just to make a point.

But if it's an echo chamber of censoring debate at all, I'm not in. Been here fifteen years and it's only the last year, 2020, really, that's mattered. The awkward bits are all on show, now. Division incarnate.

But nah. This is NTSC-UK. I'm not havin' it. This once was my unit.

Same as I always was. 'The same muthafuccccah that I ever was". Fifteen years being me on this place.

YOU are not the censors. *I* am not the censor.

We talk and bat it out. Like mature peeps. And we agree and disagree but ultimately get on.

That's the way it's always been for me...until 2020.

It just beggars belief, to me.

Riles me.

Comment

Come on, Neon, I'll buy you a bloody Monster Pipeline Punch, pal!!!!!!!!!

Comment

People are not censoring debate as some things aren't really up for debate.
                            Hold my beer darling I’m just off to debate this MAGA hat wearing **** who’s not wearing a mask and telling me covid is a hoax. Go and ****ing yeet yourself into the sun.

Comment

[MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION], lets calm it down bud and lay off the booze and drugs late at night, you’ll only end up ranting yourself into a temp ban.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION], lets calm it down bud and lay off the booze and drugs late at night, you’ll only end up ranting yourself into a temp ban.
                                Hey, course I will. I'm not actually that bad, y'know, just about 67% of my pals are goin' bananas and I'm the one keeping it sane. But am I, truly????!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X